Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Armor / Clan Building suggestion » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Armor / Clan Building suggestion 7 Votes - Average Rating: 4.86
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Armor / Clan Building suggestion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello BWT,

I have a couple of ideas for your consideration:

1) Full Plate Mail should get a bonus to Charisma & Reputation at P+
Game-play Reasoning: it is a high level item, and by the time you can wear it at P+ you are usually taking a lot of damage from players, so a little HP bonus in defence & attack with this item would I think be really positive for its use, etc.

Role-play Reasoning: traditionally full plate armor was only worn by the very wealthy & high status - therefore they would have the respect and admiration of their followers - which as we all understand is the point of these two stats. Let's face it, if you are gonna walk into battle with a shinny piece of metal weighing you down, then you've got cojones! Big Grin

Which leads me to my next suggestion:

2) A new clan building called "The Clan Colours"
Game-play: this building would only need 1 level, and once built would create a new page link in the Well of Souls (or where-ever you guys think it would fit best, there being no Well in Necro, etc).
The building enables any member of the clan that has built it to add their "Clan Colours" to a single piece of armor (just armor - not hat or pants) in their personal armory at any time. The benefits from the "Colours" would add 1 of 3 choices:
a) A boost to Reputation
b) A boost to Charisma
c) A boost to Defence

The cost of adding the "Colours" would not be cheap:
a) they can only be applied to items that are G+ (possibly worked out on a sliding scale of how good the item is???)
b) the lowest actual cost would be 1 SS
c) the improvement can be removed, but to add a different improvement to another item costs again

Example:
Clan A builds the "The Clan Colours", and Player A (a lvl 50 character) improves his Good light Cape with 5 Charisma at a cost of 1 SS. Player B (a lvl 85 player) improves her Perfect+1 Vest of Deathsower with 10 Reputation at a cost of 6 SS. When Player A gets a few more levels he decides to remove the Charisma & add 6 Reputation to his G+2 Suit of Deathsower at a cost of 2 SS....... etc.

Actual costs could be worked out with a little more thought.

Role-play Reasoning: well, I would've thought it was obvious - if you are in a clan that you're proud of, then you would not only want to wear those colours, but you would expect whoever you came up against in battle to know either recognise them and be afraid & respectful. Big Grin

Well that's it for now, let the debate begin.
Cheers Wink

ps - if any Polish / French players want to translate this & add it to the other realm forums, please feel free .

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-07-2012 17:36 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First idea - i want it in game

Second idea - no point...

11-08-2012 06:50 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Izuall

Registration Date: 08-26-2012
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well I could translate it but ... I'm too lazy. As far as your idea is concerned, I like it. Sounds good, both.

This post has been edited 18905 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: Today, 9:43.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: 11-13-2012 07:28.

11-12-2012 20:37 Izuall is offline Search for Posts by Izuall Add Izuall to your Buddy List
acidic

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN Leader

first idea would be brilliant

second idea, although the concept is good, and it would allow players to express pride in there clan in other ways other than displaying and refering to there clan multiple times on there profile page, working hard for there clan by growing and helping members, thats all it would really have a use for, expression of pride, so even though it would be a fun addition, i feel it lacks practicalilty, which is a shame, if the dimensions were worked out slightly though, so the same concept but applied in a different manner, it could work
11-13-2012 02:47 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Armor / Clan Building suggestion

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH