Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Armoury idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Clan Armoury idea 23 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3023 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3023 Votes - Average Rating: 8.30
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Clan Armoury idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it'd be a nice addition for the leader/deputy of a clan to be able to give certain players the ability to remove clan items from people, the amount of times leader/dep isn't on but someone's offline with items must be astronomical

Guess what I'm saying is Clan Blacksmiths, obviously would only be given to trusted players so it shouldn't be abused and would bring in somet new to clans Smile

Ps I wrote this hungover so may come across a load of dribble lol

10-27-2012 08:23 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Too complicated.
10-27-2012 08:24 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How is it complicated at all? It's just like another deputy but without the remove member or edit clan page options, the code is pretty much already there

10-27-2012 08:27 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
How is it complicated at all? It's just like another deputy but without the remove member or edit clan page options, the code is pretty much already there

It's too complicated.
10-27-2012 08:41 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

It's not complicated guys, get real. I would love to see this implemented. I think I asked for it long time ago. It was the idea of having more roles in clan which leader would be able to appoint in same way as deputy.
Thumb up from me.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-27-2012 10:00 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

great idea thumbs yup from me
10-27-2012 11:12 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Fischkopf

Registration Date: 06-08-2012

sounds good to me Smile
10-27-2012 11:13 Fischkopf is offline Search for Posts by Fischkopf Add Fischkopf to your Buddy List
acidic

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN Leader

yea its a good idea, and things could extend on from this, to see a clan of say 50 players, where only 2 guys have any form of control is a bad idea

having someone able to deal with the armoury is a great idea

having someone able to maybe even accept players into the clan other than the leader or dep, so like 'recruitment official' or something like that could also be possible

anyways, im sidetracking, back on point, its a great idea, id love to see something like that implemented
10-28-2012 00:39 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Devs???

11-04-2012 13:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

definitely a good idea, thumbs up from me too

11-04-2012 23:19 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Izuall

Registration Date: 08-26-2012
Clan: DB

That's why deputy should be chosen wisely. It ought to be someone who's most active in the clan.

This post has been edited 18905 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: Today, 9:43.
11-11-2012 17:58 Izuall is offline Search for Posts by Izuall Add Izuall to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Not always possible to have one online at all times

11-11-2012 19:24 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

I think it's a pretty good idea, tis annoying when you need to start an expo or apply to someone's and you have to wait a couple of hours or just go without a decent amount of arcana.. It'd be handy to have someone who can remove CA gear from people who are offline with it.

Also - "This post has been edited 18905 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: Today, 9:43." lolwut O.o

11-11-2012 19:52 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Varla

Registration Date: 11-09-2012
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS

Great idea especially as im active 18/7 and i always see people offline with sham gear or questing without word to anyone definate yes from me.

11-12-2012 06:36 Varla is offline Search for Posts by Varla Add Varla to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

Sounds Good To Me

11-12-2012 12:47 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Izuall

Registration Date: 08-26-2012
Clan: DB

quote:
Also - "This post has been edited 18905 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: Today, 9:43." lolwut O.o

Hacks.
As it comes to the topic, you talked me into it. I'm for it.

This post has been edited 18905 time(s), it was last edited by Izuall: Today, 9:43.
11-12-2012 20:30 Izuall is offline Search for Posts by Izuall Add Izuall to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Dev's???

11-29-2012 18:14 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

Like it thumbs up

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

11-29-2012 18:52 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

like this idea.

thumbs up from me.

11-30-2012 17:16 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Are we going to get any dev input on this idea? It seems to be very popular. Thumbs up from me too.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-01-2012 12:07 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
CrazyXxShanexX

Registration Date: 12-03-2012
Clan: A.S

This seems like a brill idea thumbs up from me too

because in A.S items that are way too high for most members in the clan are not needed plus if members that have items in the CA are not online and need to be taken out but Leader/dep isent on then it would be easyier to get more items which are needed into the CA if this was implemented Tongue

12-03-2012 11:29 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

I suggested this a year or two ago but back then I was hated by the community and was told my idea "sucked donkey balls".

Meh.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 12-03-2012 13:03.

12-03-2012 13:03 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

deputy can be passed over to other responsible person who will be online. so imo no need for that

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

12-03-2012 16:11 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

And when someone forgets to do so then what? It's fact that passing deputy over wouldn't be half as efficient as having clan blacksmiths/armourers

12-04-2012 16:47 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
CrazyXxShanexX

quote:
Originally posted by steco
deputy can be passed over to other responsible person who will be online. so imo no need for that

there not gonna keep passing over deputy every time the deputy logs of tho are they what firetrap means (i think) is to stop hassle with changing dep every time they go off it would be much easier to just have someone who can lead the CA if both leader and deputy are offline im i right there fire (im not sure if thats what you mean)

12-04-2012 18:29 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Not just one person but multiple

12-04-2012 19:14 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
LucifersAngel
Lord

My idea:

Max number of people in clan/10= number of people who control C.A. including deputy and clan leader (rounded down).

E.g. BoS can have up to 50 members therefore up to 5 CA handlers. This means the clan leader, deputy and up to three other people assigned by the clan leader/deputy control the CA.

These people would be able to take CA items off people but not remove those items from the CA (deputy and clan leader only).

E.g. if a clan could have up to 37 people. 37/10 = 3.7 rounded down to three. Therefore that clan gets an additional member to help out with the CA if needed.

Thoughts on this?

EZLN

12-04-2012 19:43 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

No, my idea was people who are Armourers are to be able to remove from ca also and I don't want restrictions on the amount of people, it's the whole idea of having a responsible roll, you choose them carefully but if you trust your whole clan you could if wanted make them all Armourers

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 12-04-2012 19:56.

12-04-2012 19:54 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
CrazyXxShanexX

quote:
Not just one person but multiple

Yeah thats what i mean just dident write it right Tongue

12-05-2012 00:58 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
No, my idea was people who are Armourers are to be able to remove from ca also and I don't want restrictions on the amount of people, it's the whole idea of having a responsible roll, you choose them carefully but if you trust your whole clan you could if wanted make them all Armourers

It's a nice idea but I don't see that happening. Devs wouldn't see the point in making everyone responsible for CA because there'd be too much in-clan fighting probably. "Why did you take it off me, I was on a caravan?" - "It wasn't me it was x." - "I didn't do it, why are you blaming me?" - "Why is the elastic set not in anymore? I'm in a rush to apply for an expo that's about to end phase 1?" - "I needed room to put my cruel clubs in for someone to do their strength pilgrimage?" etc.

Obviously all hypothetical, but all likely in the event there is a whole clan of people capable of affecting the entire clan's CA. Having an additional one or two would mean it's more likely someone's online to deal with important items being taken offline, so people don't have to wait hours.

EZLN

12-05-2012 07:46 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
CrazyXxShanexX

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
quote:

It's a nice idea but I don't see that happening. Devs wouldn't see the point in making everyone responsible for CA because there'd be too much in-clan fighting probably. "Why did you take it off me, I was on a caravan?" - "It wasn't me it was x." - "I didn't do it, why are you blaming me?" - "Why is the elastic set not in anymore? I'm in a rush to apply for an expo that's about to end phase 1?" - "I needed room to put my cruel clubs in for someone to do their strength pilgrimage?" etc.

Obviously all hypothetical, but all likely in the event there is a whole clan of people capable of affecting the entire clan's CA. Having an additional one or two would mean it's more likely someone's online to deal with important items being taken offline, so people don't have to wait hours.

he wants no restrictions but the leader or dep has to pick the most responsible people to become armourers

which would work

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by CrazyXxShanexX: 12-05-2012 12:24.

12-05-2012 12:23 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyXxShanexX
quote:
quote:

he wants no restrictions but the leader or dep has to pick the most responsible people to become armourers

which would work

Yeah I understand that, but I don't see the devs allowing it to happen completely unrestricted. As the answer to the problem of people going offline with needed items, you'd only need a couple more to take items off people. With this it might as well be the necro server where you just lend each other the items you need.

EZLN

12-05-2012 15:33 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
CrazyXxShanexX

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyXxShanexX
quote:
quote:

which would work

Yeah I understand that, but I don't see the devs allowing it to happen completely unrestricted. As the answer to the problem of people going offline with needed items, you'd only need a couple more to take items off people. With this it might as well be the necro server where you just lend each other the items you need.

fair does well maybe not one person but 3-5 people can have the responsibly of being the armourers and i do see where your coming from

12-05-2012 17:02 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Lol dev's ain't going to give a flying one whether there's in game bickering but restricting it to such small numbers almost makes it pointless

12-05-2012 17:55 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Lol dev's ain't going to give a flying one whether there's in game bickering but restricting it to such small numbers almost makes it pointless

Almost pointless, but not actually pointless. You just have an increased chance of having someone online to get stuff back into the CA, which is what you wanted. If anyone could take items back or off people I see it causing no end of trouble.

EZLN

12-06-2012 11:27 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
quote:

Almost pointless, but not actually pointless. You just have an increased chance of having someone online to get stuff back into the CA, which is what you wanted. If anyone could take items back or off people I see it causing no end of trouble.

Wouldn't cause a problem where I am, abuse the power and you'd lose it, an increased chance isn't what I wanted there's enough time zones and different times certain players play to have an almost 100% chance of someone being online. If the clan you're in is silly enough to have members who'd abuse the power and take items off people without caring or consideration then that's your problem but I'm quite confident I can trust the ones I'd choose

12-06-2012 12:31 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Ace Rimmer

images/avatars/avatar-1104.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2013

Devs?

05-21-2013 13:54 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Armoury idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH