Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » gunman and defence limit » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page gunman and defence limit 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HLL

gunman and defence limit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am aware that this is the main drawback of my tattoo but..

Perfect Deadly Kilt of the Shepherd (+3) CLOSE

Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 21
Effects: APPEARANCE +23, AGILITY -3, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons +1 for every 4 levels, item defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, TOUGHNESS -14, all weapons damage +11, PERCEPTION +32, item defence -25, chance to hit with melee weapons -39, additional 1 attack(s) with every weapon
Requirements: LEVEL: 82 (134), STRENGTH: 71 (116), AGILITY: 30 (49), TOUGHNESS: 37 (60)
Value: 224 250 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1445, Mana 5402

now i am lvl 99 but when i'll reach 100 this will be 25. If I upgrade over p+3 I will break defence limit and tattoos wont work anymore unless i use a solar set.
It looks like defence limit for gunman becomes a real pain at high level.

Does it mean that players are forced to switch tattoo at a point?
Any kilt that has prefix different than tiger or velvet will mess up with tattoo requirements!!
PS: dont tell me that i must downgrade my gear to let it work!
In my mind this is simply stupid!
11-15-2012 18:07 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Collector or gangster? Tongue

11-15-2012 18:19 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Or as you said get a solar set. It's more of a do you go for solar and loose some defence to get the tattoos working. Or just upgrade all your gear as much as you can.

It's probably more to do with making people think of set ups instead of just everybody following suit and using the same gear until one person finds out when they are high enough they've screwed themself.
11-15-2012 19:20 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Well any P+1 bandanna except Shepherd like (reducing defence) is breaking tattoo limit, so what are you using?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-15-2012 22:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

to be perfectly honest in regards to this topic i would love to see some minus iten defence enchants so instead of getting like +5 agility -15 to hit, id like to see things like +5 agility -10 item defence as it would allow alot more versatility in the game;

i dont see this actually becoming a reality as it would ruin some great enchants for a large chunk of the paths...so please dont take it as an idea

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-15-2012 23:44 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

What if you upgrade it to P+4?

The boost to -def might let you use it?

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
11-16-2012 00:30 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
grind
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by grind

sheperd on bandannas let me use a bandanna, my point is that sheperd on kilt should be enough to use it.. now I have a backup gear I mainy use for KOTH and arenas.. using a whole tiger set works but it looks gunman choices really becomes too small at a point.
Actually I use solar for expos and koth, but I dont like it for pvp.
twisted, vengeful or hawk are much better for such purpose, and soon the only choice to use one of such set will be use not one but 2 defence reducing prefix, at least on my kilt.

At a point my previously working gear won't work anymore because I lvl up??
I think gunmen already have enough problems to fulfill tattoo requirements, this is excessive, I don't plan using just sola, and having a bit more choice of suitable gear is quite important.

edit:I am lvl 99 now and def is 21 at p+3 and p+4, 23 at p+5. So sheperd defence malus is not enough to let item work. At lvl 100 max I can use without solar is p+5 from lvl 104 it won't work anymore, and only suitable prefix to use without solar will become velvet and tiger!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 12-18-2012 15:08.

12-10-2012 21:34 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Infilz

Registration Date: 11-29-2009

i already mentionned that on polish forum, and asked sushimaker some answers ...

http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread...lightuser=64981

as you can see, he doesn't care at all ...
but that was a long time ago, maybe he is thinking about new things now ...

(anyway i was wrong on that topic, it's lvl 108 limit, i am lvl 105, my kilt has 25 defense...)

i have switched to gangster since last patch (+50% crit damages) because i am absorber and i do more damages as gangster than i used to do as a gunman.

something i noticed that i could wear my kilt at lvl 108 on P+2 (loses 1 defense) and going 4 more levels with P+3/P+4 (loses 2 defense compared to p+1)
but that advantage vanishes at P+5, cause it gets 1 or 2 defense , and nullify tatoo...

so , YES , gunman has a level limit right now.

and NO, switching to tiger or velvet IS NOT a solution .

Do you know any tatoo that will accept to lower his stuff while he gains levels ?

"hello, you have to loose your set bonus because you have gained a level"

good luck grind , i tried to explain the problem to sushimaker , and he laughed at me, and now i just piss him off Smile
12-15-2012 19:15 Infilz is offline Search for Posts by Infilz Add Infilz to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Thks for the link, infilz...

"Yes, u will have to adopt and find a way to max use of possible affixes. "

by sushimaker is kinda clear if you switch "adopt" with "adapt"...
but I am not happy at all if "adapt" means I'll have to downgrade my gear!

every path should work decently at any lvl, I know that changing stats is prety hard, but the fact is that limiting the pvp choice to solar or using tiger/velvet kilt of sheperd (any rep giving suffix wont work too!) is simply stupid.

after lvl 104 gunmans get crippled and could be forced to change tattoo. We already have enough problems with tattoo defence limits, this is simply stupid.
That's a major problem and developers should do something to solve this problem, changing kilt def stats or sheperd minus to defence.
Or just giving some - def to deadly at some point so at least deadly gear can be used, or rise def limit for pants to 30 or more (so we could , that shouldn't be too hard.
We don't have the choice to use suicide or vengeance suffix (would be nice, lol) and any jewelry should work.

I had to abandon the idea to use most sets because of actual limits.. I really doubt that solar set was conceived for pvp, imagine you are lvl 110.. you are supposed to ambush a lvl 110 player. I seriously doubt you can beat strong players, without hawk/twisted/vengeful jewelry.

I hope developers seriously think about a solution, if somebody has bright ideas please post it!!
12-17-2012 12:16 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Infilz

lvl limit is 108, not 104 for deadly kilt of shepherd P+1 Wink

btw, i already tried to discuss with sushi, and he just said : adapt Big Grin
12-17-2012 19:26 Infilz is offline Search for Posts by Infilz Add Infilz to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

think gangster is the right way to go at higher lvl for gunman

but lets wait and see what januarypatch will bring for gunmantattoo

@infilz: pm Smile

12-17-2012 19:59 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

I say 104 because my kilt is already at p+3 lol

let us discuss to a solution here then we can make a gunmen poll maybe developers will listen to us a bit more oO

I think that changing kilt stats would be hard because other tattoos need the high defence.. but I am sure a solution can be found

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 12-18-2012 14:40.

12-18-2012 14:27 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Infilz

perfect +3 kilt has lower defense than p+1 Wink

Parfait Kilt Mortel Du Berger* (+1) FERMER

Pantalon (Pour homme)
Défense: 25

Parfait Kilt Mortel Du Berger* (+3) FERMER

Pantalon (Pour homme)
Défense: 23
12-18-2012 19:46 Infilz is offline Search for Posts by Infilz Add Infilz to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Perfect Deadly Kilt of the Shepherd (+5) CLOSE

Pants (Only for males)
Defence: 23
Effects: APPEARANCE +29, AGILITY -4, LUCK +5, damage of all weapons +1 for every 4 levels, item defence increased by 1 for every 4 levels, TOUGHNESS -16, all weapons damage +12, PERCEPTION +40, item defence -31, chance to hit with melee weapons -47
Requirements: LEVEL: 95 (155), STRENGTH: 83 (136), AGILITY: 35 (57), TOUGHNESS: 43 (70)
Value: 259 150 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1765, Mana 6602

this is what I see from lvl 99...

thks for correction infilz, 1 def every 4 lvl so
at lvl 100 this will be 24
at lvl 104 25 def
lvl 108 26 defence and tattoo broken

anyway there is plenty of time before many people here reach lvl 108!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 12-21-2012 13:50.

12-19-2012 14:19 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Infilz

you only gain 1 defense every 4 level
not 4 defense every level

at lvl 100 it will have 24, and 104 it will have 25, at 108 it will have 26

and as i told you before, P+5 kilt has more defense than P+2 and P+3/4

at lvl 108 P+5 has 26 defense, P+2 has 25 defense, P+3/4 has 24 defense
12-19-2012 15:21 Infilz is offline Search for Posts by Infilz Add Infilz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » gunman and defence limit

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH