Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Changing sets takes ages » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Changing sets takes ages
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Changing sets takes ages Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 32520

Problem description: I'm not sure if this is a problem on my end or yours but when I click to change from one set to another, nothing happens for a good 20 seconds then it might change otherwise I have to refresh the page, try again and repeat til it works.

Accessing everything else of BW is fast as it usually is, this only affects the set boxes.

Edit: Oh and I have no problems with internet speed, I can view 1080p youtube clips just fine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 02-18-2013 02:54.

02-18-2013 02:53 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Run > Cmd > ping bloodwars.net
Run > Cmd > tracert bloodwars.net
That's to rule out problems on your side for sure Wink

I get 170 ms from Canada and not a single lost packet on the way.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-18-2013 04:52 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Done that, though I've no idea what I'm looking at or for.

02-18-2013 05:28 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: WOLF

I get this and I use Chrome if that helps.

02-18-2013 11:37 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber

youre looking for how long it takes to ping the bloodwars server, that is how long it takes for packets of data to be sent from you, to the server and back iirc.

so in evans case it takes 170ms.

02-18-2013 16:26 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor

I got 56ms.

And I use Chrome also.

02-18-2013 17:31 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

The problem could be with chrome itself in your instance since i have no idea what you've been doing with your e-webs. Chrome runs everything as an indiviual process, these build up and cause lag, chrome isn't very good at clearing them itself, so what you need is a purge memory button in the chrome task manager.

Open up the shortcut for Chrome (if Pinned on Windows 7, Shift+Right-Click for the context menu), and then add the following: (note that there should be two dashes there.)

--purge-memory-button

so you have \Application\chrome.exe --purge-memory-button

this goes in the target box at the end of chrome.exe
click ok/apply/save w/e.
shift + esc with chrome open to bring up chrome task manager, click purge memory

good luck!

02-18-2013 20:35 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Changing sets takes ages

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH