Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Evos gained through sieges » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Evos gained through sieges 8 Votes - Average Rating: 4.388 Votes - Average Rating: 4.38
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Evos gained through sieges Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Obviously there would have to be certain restrictions, like the ranking system for gaining evos now, have it sorted in the same way to gain honour i.e. side b must do at least 50% of the damage caused by side a.
obviously you get your 1/2 evos for a kill.
This would definately put some life into the server, making clans siege alot more, so please implement it, we get sieges and moar evos Big Grin

EDIT: Courtesy of lightboy for the help, the winning team/survivors to gain an additional evolution level, allowing them to use more of their purchased evolutions, as i'm sure some of you that have been busy have found you can only use half your evos you've actually bought!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 02-23-2013 19:31.

02-23-2013 14:22 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with this idea entirely.

Clan Buildings have kinda stripped the sieges out of the server and put the nail in the coffin. The last huge server war on this was based on a large clan forming almost overnight and starting a ton of sieges. Now, if they were to do that, they'd have a massive disadvantage compared to clans that have worked on CBs since they came out.

Also, KotH was the final straw. PoH sieges are entirely irrelevant now and almost entirely forgotten about. The only sieges that ever occur now are based on taking over squares from inactive players as far as I can see. That and task sieges. This would inject new life into the server methinks.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 02-23-2013 14:32.

02-23-2013 14:31 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: SS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm also agree to get from sieges some evos points...

The best option that we could get will be the same number of Evo Pionts like Honour pionts.. But for me could be half of that, or for each kill..

Also we can choose what we want to get (evo points or honour points ) when we join to siege Smile

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
02-23-2013 14:48 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Thread Starter Thread Started by Indica

quote:
Originally posted by TwoSwords.
I'm also agree to get from sieges some evos points...

The best option that we could get will be the same number of Evo Pionts like Honour pionts.. But for me could be half of that, or for each kill..

Also we can choose what we want to get (evo points or honour points ) when we join to siege Smile

that would cause a mass saturation of evo points, whereas having it work like in ambushes, 1/2 for a kill prevents instant evo maxxing. I don't feel there should be an option, it's a reward, you should recieve both

02-23-2013 15:20 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

stupid idea imo. so much to do for what? 10 evo point per siege or less?
and the other thing is some people may start to exploit this way to gain extra evo, boosting their characted frankly speaking. therefore i say definite NO!

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

02-25-2013 10:39 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Thread Starter Thread Started by Indica

steco, it puts life back into the server, you may have never known what an active server is, but R1 is dying. and 10 evo points a siege?
you're mad, 5 kills in a big siege? much more is easy. Extra evo levels would be great, sieges used to be exploited for mass PoH, changes were made to prevent/make this more difficult, hence saying put limitations on it.

02-25-2013 13:08 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

i just cant see it working mate. sieges will end after 3-4 defeats, losing team will not join simply if they got no chance to defend...
i'd rather see tier5 of evos completed or runes. it might look like noble idea of your but it just pointless... sorry

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

02-25-2013 14:50 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

quote:
Originally posted by steco
i just cant see it working mate. sieges will end after 3-4 defeats, losing team will not join simply if they got no chance to defend...
i'd rather see tier5 of evos completed or runes. it might look like noble idea of your but it just pointless... sorry

This is what I meant when I said:
quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
PoH sieges are entirely irrelevant now and almost entirely forgotten about.

If people remembered what it was like to have to siege for PoH - instead of getting it from koth or ambush - people would appreciate this idea more. Losing teams instead tried different tactics or gear to beat winning teams before. Imagine sieges were you only source of evo points. What then?

This is a free source of extra evo points, reigniting life into a dying server. Sieges are and always have been a large chunk of the game and now it's totally ignored. It's another section of the game, originally as big as questing and ambushes. I agree, get runes in the game asap, but something like this would shake the server awake again, instead of starting another isolated section like ambushes for evos. In fact, it would have been better as a starter if you could only have got evos from sieges because that would have forced the game into regular, consistent action. Oh well.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

02-25-2013 19:07 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
TheOneAndOnly

Registration Date: 11-09-2012

Someone said above

'Seiges would stop after 3-4 defeats'

You clearly never played before you got PoH in ambushes,

POH seiges used to be arranged between clans , To have a balanced seige to see who wins, And then a few days after a return seige for the loosing side to win..If you have no allys to do this kind of thing with then this is a great opportunity for you to gain some. Obviously if the team if way too over powered comparred to the other NO PoH is gained and NO evo's are gained.

@Indica, I think 1/2 an evo for a kill is a little too less :/.. Obviously we want to make it a challange but when you can gain 2 evo's for an ambush that lasts 4 minutes and such little amount for an 18 hour seige... I say it should depend on your damage that you do, And dammage that you take just like PoH..

Example :

Indica 3626/6 1500/3000

Part 1
Dammage /100 = 36.26 * 6 = 193.56
Part 2
3000/1500 = 2, 2*Number of players on opposing side of seige = X
Part 3
193.56 / X = Y

Y = amount of evo's Smile

Also make limit so number of people needed in a seige for evo's should be 8-12 Smile

And also Indica, Amazing idea ;-)

The Original Penguin_dude
02-25-2013 21:51 TheOneAndOnly is offline Search for Posts by TheOneAndOnly Add TheOneAndOnly to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

It's a very interesting idea but we would like to keep evo points where they are, if they were gained through sieges instead of there being more actual siegies there would be a lot of premades aimed only at maximizing evos gained (same as it was with PoH).

02-26-2013 22:16 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Evos gained through sieges

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH