Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Quest patch, luck etc :) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Quest patch, luck etc :) 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Quest patch, luck etc :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

We know that many of you are on the edge of your seat waiting for the quest patch so we've prepared some info that should help you prepare better and allow you to voice your opinion on our ideas.

Affix = prefix or suffix. Additional magical property of an item ie. Demonic (prefix) Knife of Horseshoe (suffix).

LUCK
Since the days of old all of you have been wondering if it is "worth it" to invest in luck and when it stops being taken into account.

As you probably know, more luck increases the chance to find an affixed item. Luck does NOT change the chance of getting any particular affix (chance for any particular suffix is constant on UW and constant for a particular zone on Necro).

For example (the numbers are for the sake of example ONLY):
with 0 luck you have 5% for a prefix
with 50 luck you have 7.5% for a prefix

As shown in the above example luck increases the chance of getting an affix and therefore increases the chance of getting rare items.

BUT HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH LUCK?
It depends on the zone you're in.
To max out your chance to find an affixed item in zone 5 you need 350 luck and 150 luck in zone 1.

So for the purpose of finding affixes, your base luck increases by 50 when you advance to a higher zone and thus:
zone 5 +0 luck
zone 4 +50 luck
zone 3 +100 luck
zone 2 +150 luck
zone 1 +200 luck

IS THAT ALL?
No, luck is also taken into account for other things (item quality on Necro, chance for a legendary item) but until now it has had a minor influence ie.
you could have just 25, 50 or 75 luck to get the maximum effect.

In the upcoming patch we have decided to change it so that:

Luck ABOVE the current effective maximum will further increase the chance for getting an item of higher quality or legendary item etc.
WARNING! FOR ALL THE RANDOM PROPERTIES STATED ABOVE THE COMMON MAXIMUM WILL NOW BE:
150 LUCK

That's all the changes for luck. We hope that thanks to this legendary item will become more common overall and legendary perfect items will become more common on Necro.

ZONE-DEPENDENT DROP ON NECRO
We've decided that with this patch we will make available to you a full item browser listing item stats, requirements and info on the zones where they drop.

The browser will be available here:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/test_items.php (UW)
http://r2.bloodwars.net/test_items.php (Necro)

QUEST BONUSES - Search for Treasure

Before you start asking: WHEN?: unless there are some major unexpected difficulties we want this option to be available THIS march. Smile

Every player will have the option to choose which treasure they're looking for during questing.

For each quest done the player will receive Treasure Points.

Act1
short - 1 pts
far - 2 pts
pilgrimage - 4 pts

Act2
short - 2 pts
far - 3 pts
pilgrimage - 6 pts

Act3
short - 3 pts
far - 5 pts
pilgrimage - 7 pts

After completing a quest/caravan Treasure Points will be automatically added to your current Treasure.

After getting the required amount of Treasure Points you only need to click Dig out the Treasure to get the prize.

WARNING! Points do not accumulate over the maximum level.
So if you have 98/100 points and gain 4 points by completing a pilgrimage in A1 you'll have 100/100 points.
If you complete more quests you will lose all your points unless you dig out the treasure or change it.

WARNING2! You can stop searching and change the treasure at any time.
The incomplete search will stay intact and you'll be able resume it at any point.

ie. a player searches for Big Barrel of Blood (300 pts) and decided that he wants to search for Some Respect (100 pts) instead, he then does not lose any points gathered up to this point.
Points acquired for Big Barrel of Blood eg. (15/300) will be saved.

WARNING3! You can max out a couple of Treasures and acquire points for more ie.:
Big Barrel of Blood (300/300)
Some Respect (100/100)
And still start searching for Fan's Pride (15/150)

On the screenshots below you can see all Treasures available with their costs and availability on each server.

We hope that this change will let you have more fun with BW, find powerful artefacts and at the same time allow lower-level players on older servers to keep up in terms of items and resources.

With regards,
BWTeam

Szeszej has attached these images (downsized versions):
Poszukiwanie Skarbu - Krew EN.jpg Poszukiwanie Skarbu - Ludzie EN.jpg Poszukiwanie Skarbu - Menu EN.jpg
Poszukiwanie Skarbu - Reputacja EN.jpg Poszukiwanie Skarbu - Zlom EN.jpg

03-08-2013 20:40 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And one more image:

03-08-2013 20:41 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/test_items.php

Maybe use the uk link Smile

updated for both servers..
thx
Mortis

03-08-2013 20:59 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Now while this seems like a good addition to the game could you please tell us when we will get the act 3 tasks please
03-09-2013 08:10 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: SS

Nice patch Big Grin

But can we count for You, that when Patch will appear, we get for example 97/100 Treasure Points to just check what we can do with that? Just how it's work.. 97 becouse not everyone is in diffrent Act so 3 points we can get easy Smile

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
03-09-2013 10:49 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

This is amazing, thanks guys Smile One question, and I assume you're not telling us on purpose, but on the treasure page there looks like six different tabs - PoH, Lgo, People, Blood, Treasure Chests and...? It's a star shape. WHAT IS IT?! Are these the fabled runes we've been hinted with for ages? Or have I missed something totally.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

03-09-2013 12:39 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
It's a star shape. WHAT IS IT?! Are these the fabled runes we've been hinted with for ages? Or have I missed something totally.

I think it could be something connected with premium options. Why? When I play a game, normal or online, it always connected to premium so it should be something like that...

03-09-2013 13:00 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Having premium only areas in the game will cause serious backlash. I doubt it will be.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

03-09-2013 13:42 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

I love the item test... only thing that would make it perfect was if it had the set bonuses...

03-09-2013 14:14 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Required Character Level: 150

0_0

Jeez.

Not too fussed about this patch, just another way to save for ages to get a legendary good decorative cap of the wanderer. Yay.

03-09-2013 18:28 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

RE: Quest patch, luck etc :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

IS THAT ALL?
No, luck is also taken into account for other things (item quality on Necro, chance for a legendary item) but until now it has had a minor influence ie.
you could have just 25, 50 or 75 luck to get the maximum effect.

Hmm.. I've a question. It's that mean, that now we need only 75 luck to have best chances for prefix or sufix?

03-11-2013 13:48 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

yah, this is great and all that, the usual brown-nosing stuff, but when are you going to do something about searing? even a small paragraph at the end of the post saying it's still work in progress might be nice.

03-11-2013 16:14 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
VAMPHIRE

images/avatars/avatar-1097.png

Registration Date: 03-01-2013
Clan: Dark Lord

So we have to reach the required amount of points (Small Treasure required Points: 100)
To have a shot at doing the chosen pack?

I like it but its just that bit I've asked about that confuses me Smile

BECAME A LEGEND

03-12-2013 13:52 VAMPHIRE is offline Homepage of VAMPHIRE Search for Posts by VAMPHIRE Add VAMPHIRE to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for VAMPHIRE
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

You just gather enough points and click a button to claim your prize Smile

03-12-2013 14:30 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
VAMPHIRE

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
You just gather enough points and click a button to claim your prize Smile

Thanks for the info on the subject Smile
Makes questing more fun now Smile

BECAME A LEGEND

03-12-2013 14:35 VAMPHIRE is offline Homepage of VAMPHIRE Search for Posts by VAMPHIRE Add VAMPHIRE to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for VAMPHIRE
roipu

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: -END-

The items browser is awesome. I hope you will keep it updated. It would be great if you would also incorporate there a merging option, so you can see the costs and result Smile

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
03-13-2013 00:01 roipu is offline Search for Posts by roipu Add roipu to your Buddy List
VAMPHIRE

quote:
Originally posted by roipu
The items browser is awesome. I hope you will keep it updated. It would be great if you would also incorporate there a merging option, so you can see the costs and result Smile

I like the sound of all possible merges at all item levels and the cost target.
I know there is a merge and item bonus link here on the Forum, but it don't tell you all levels of them or the cost's of the result.

Could be useful :-)

BECAME A LEGEND

03-13-2013 02:31 VAMPHIRE is offline Homepage of VAMPHIRE Search for Posts by VAMPHIRE Add VAMPHIRE to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for VAMPHIRE
CrazyXxShanexX

Registration Date: 12-03-2012
Clan: A.S

I was thinking could this be updated in a later date for putting easiness bonus so you know the requirements with easiness on (or if you are the Absorber or even when you level up in act 2 and you get easiness)

This is for the BW item test

03-13-2013 16:17 CrazyXxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by CrazyXxShanexX Add CrazyXxShanexX to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Quest patch, luck etc :)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH