Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Attack on guard time?// Item not taken from attack? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Attack on guard time?// Item not taken from attack?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: SS

Attack on guard time?// Item not taken from attack? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 23713, TwoSwords

Problem description:

Ok, so Istart explain.. I ask two persons when anybody can attack me, becouse I must to know that before finish my KoTH, which end at 19:05 (today).

On gobal chat first reply: Sh00ler 18:40 -> 59 min
Second reply was from Ghal (I save that msg):
Send date: 2013-05-11 18:53:13
46 min

Ok so I buy an item from shop after that msg for my koth and wait...

Then at 19:04:08 attack me Dreath:
http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3cea735925

First question: Why I was attacked at guard time?

And then was my KoTH:
http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5d4c507d81

How You all see, I got an item.

Second question: Why Dreath don't take an item? I know it's good for me but he should, am I right? For example when I buy item and go for pilgrim and someone attack me then item "disappears" as a result of attack.

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
05-11-2013 20:35 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

did you swap square between msg and koth ?

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

05-11-2013 20:39 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by TwoSwords.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nope between, I exchange squere but it was around 9-11 o'clock in the morning.

05-11-2013 20:43 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I don't know why he attacked you during guard time, but I know why he didn't take your item.

The first person to do an action makes the stuff happen. So you haven't opened anything, Dreath didn't either, but one of your expo team members did. That one triggered first and used up your item.

If not then something's wrong with the system Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-11-2013 20:52 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

To be honest, I don't understand Your explanation a little.. You mean one of my members from team can blocked a situation to take by Dreath an item?

Attack was almost 1 minute before end of KoTH.

05-11-2013 21:10 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

All the calculations on the server are made when you make an action. If you ambush someone and log out or go afk, the attack ends and the report is "hanging" in the air. If you or the one you attacked logs in or does any action the report is calculated based on the statistics at the time of the action.

So technically if you ambush some inactive player now, don't do anything for a week and then log in, the ambush will take place with the statistics of a week later than the ambush should've taken place.

Hope this is a better explanation.

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Quests
quote:
WARNING! The game system counts the chance of success when you do something on your account, e.g. if you remain inactive during a caravan then the chance of success will be counted according to your parameters at the time of your next action.

This applies to everything that requires calculations, sieges, quests, expos, koths, arenas, everything.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-11-2013 21:18 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Ow. Now I understand. I didn't do any actions before 4 minutes before end of koth.

Thank You. Now is only first question to explain...

05-11-2013 21:25 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Bowmore

images/avatars/avatar-1122.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

In terms of getting attacked during your protection time, if the protection time was at 59 minutes when Sh00ler reported it at 18:40, then presumably that attack had not landed yet.

The protection period starts when the attack is initiated, not when it finally gets to you, and in Zone 3, the protection period is 1 hour, so when Sh00ler said 59 minutes, it meant the attack had just been launched 1 minute before that.

The time to attack from Zone 1 to Zone 3 without shortening and without taxi is 25 minutes, so it makes perfect sense that the attack would eventually hit you at 19:04.

As for why it didn't take your disposable, Evan is (of course) 100% correct.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bowmore: 05-11-2013 21:32.

05-11-2013 21:29 Bowmore is offline Search for Posts by Bowmore Add Bowmore to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Thank You Scratch for explain.. Yes it makes sense now.

So it seams like it's not a bug, but only my hastiness...

Sorry guys for taking Yours time..

And once again thanks for explain Smile

05-11-2013 21:35 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Attack on guard time?// Item not taken from attack?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH