Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Start a Samaritan expo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Start a Samaritan expo 9 Votes - Average Rating: 6.22
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Start a Samaritan expo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Basically the samaritan system applied to starting expos. I dont see why this would be much different to the joining feature as its basically the same.

You start an expo as a samaritan, people can join any way they like but you dont get any exp for it.

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

07-23-2013 23:14 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like this idea Wink Then higher lvls could help out lower levels (with white/black/reds) as well with out using up their chance to gain exp. from expo's

But then more expo's = less mobs available untill replenished.

Take the good with the bad >.<
07-24-2013 01:46 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've thought about this too but its a bad idea. Daily exp gain would triple (since basils take roughly 8 hours and there are 3 x 8 hours in a day) and item price inflation would triple also. Players in big clans would benefit the most whilst other clans would suffer and get left behind in the rankings.

07-24-2013 12:05 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
DemonDude2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
I've thought about this too but its a bad idea. Daily exp gain would triple (since basils take roughly 8 hours and there are 3 x 8 hours in a day) and item price inflation would triple also. Players in big clans would benefit the most whilst other clans would suffer and get left behind in the rankings.

Starting as a samaritan = no gains in exp or loot ... ?

the only difference is that you can now always get an expo to join - say the guy who starts in your team is gone that day or w/e other reason that you cannot join, another guidly can host one for you

07-24-2013 14:18 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

the only difference is that you can now always get an expo to join - say the guy who starts in your team is gone that day or w/e other reason that you cannot join, another guidly can host one for you

Is there a gain for any member in the team? If so, then Batman's point is still valid, exp growth will jump up, meaning even more stones coming into the market, meaning more inflation etc.

If not however, it means that players are spending PoH and People, taking them out of circulation, to kill a mob with no gain whatsoever - which also results in mob depletion and even more resources being used.

Sorry dude, but I think it's a bad idea either way.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
07-24-2013 16:44 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

Even in big clans there is still expos people can join,
The problem isn't enough expeditions being started but with people just taking Samaritans.
07-24-2013 18:04 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2

quote:
Originally posted by warlock619
quote:
quote:

Is there a gain for any member in the team? If so, then Batman's point is still valid, exp growth will jump up, meaning even more stones coming into the market, meaning more inflation etc.

But thats the same situation with joining as a samaritan - it means more people can start expos and thus more drops.

Samaritan starts just means that everyone can get a join Red Face

tho .. yea people could take advantage and flood areas with teams.. but thats what gather the hunters option is for i guess ;/

07-24-2013 20:56 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

DD, it is a good idea in my opinion

07-25-2013 09:56 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warlock619
quote:
quote:

But thats the same situation with joining as a samaritan - it means more people can start expos and thus more drops.

Samaritan starts just means that everyone can get a join Red Face

tho .. yea people could take advantage and flood areas with teams.. but thats what gather the hunters option is for i guess ;/

Well there is another way that everyone can get a join, that doesn't involve depleting the mob pool quicker than usual after a reset, and also (I know it's been mentioned) increasing the stone count being circulated in a game, which is letting more than 2-3 people into your expos. And imo I suspect that your idea is a good idea to people who'd rather start 2 expos than take more people in the first.

It's not a bad idea I guess mate, but I don't see a feasible reason for it to be implemented.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
07-25-2013 19:59 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Start a Samaritan expo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH