Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Can we get a new UW type server ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Can we get a new UW type server ? 33 Votes - Average Rating: 7.2733 Votes - Average Rating: 7.27
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Can we get a new UW type server ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do realize the argument from your side is always : there is not enough active players.

But the fact is that a new server where people can all start on equal foot and don't have to compete in auctions for basic items such as copper ring of genius for 3 ss, and where they don't have to think : "oh no point in me playing, I will never really get up there in the rankings etc" - well a server like that is much more probable of bringing in new players.

You started UW a LONG time ago, and over time the game has evolved to a point where it's more and more ready for a lot more players. But they are often discouraged by coming to UW where things are already too high for them.

That is one thing.

The other thing is that other servers (Polish, French, etc) keep getting new servers, Polish just got r17. And I HIGHLY DOUBT that there is even half of active population on each server, so you are giving them new servers even though it is 100% sure that there is at least 8000 inactive accounts on each server.

We have only 2 servers, one of each type. Inactivity really isn't a valid answer here I think.

A new Underworld type server would be great, and I think inactivity will not be an issue.
08-05-2013 14:11 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i agree with all of that!
we should get a new one and to be honest, why aint we already ?
if it because of active numbers that's not really fair or our thought really and thats not a excuse not to give us a new one
08-05-2013 14:37 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it is fair not to give us one they wouldnt make enough from the extra server there isnt enough active folks everyone wants a new UW server so they can start afresh and try and become number 1 with the highest clan and zones it will be again like the necro server it will be used for a lil while untill your board with nothing on there and then the server will die down again

08-05-2013 18:59 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
it is fair not to give us one they wouldnt make enough from the extra server there isnt enough active folks everyone wants a new UW server so they can start afresh and try and become number 1 with the highest clan and zones it will be again like the necro server it will be used for a lil while untill your board with nothing on there and then the server will die down again

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Basically, in this case, there is only one right answer and it's mine.

Especially when you are comparing necro to UW which is completely different with the merges, the stones, the upgrades, the well of soul, the uncap on level needed to get xp from mobs, etc etc.

It's totally different. And the fact that the UW server is a lot more active than Necro (where let's face it, it was ruined because all the Polish players came at the beginning and quickly killed the whole game which no one was expecting and the devs had not anticipated) - well that's enough of an argument to believe that an UW would be a very different story.

A lot of players have been waiting a long time for a new UW server because they know what the serve is about.

When Necro came, nobody was expecting it and nobody in the English community knew how to handle the game so the Polish took over it.

A new UW would be very different. People know what to do, they know how to handle the mechanics, they have a good grip on things. It will get the server started in a very different manner with people having long term plans rather than just testing a new type of server and quitting because it doesn't fit their needs.

It's very simple and yet quite delicate.

You are not looking at all the pieces of the puzzle.
08-05-2013 19:23 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
xpa

images/avatars/avatar-466.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: BOS

I agree with Scourge should be nice to start all with the same advantages and disadvantages, will be a refreshing air for new and old players.

08-05-2013 19:50 xpa is offline Search for Posts by xpa Add xpa to your Buddy List
Deggs

Registration Date: 11-16-2010

I would playBig Grin

08-05-2013 21:03 Deggs is offline Search for Posts by Deggs Add Deggs to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

okay sure what ever we all can say what we like but its true there is no need for a new server they wouldnt make anything from it so they are not going to add a new server for more inactive's

08-05-2013 21:52 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

you would get like 90% of the active current uw players on the new server too for starters Wink

i agree with levi in some respects but i disagree with the point he makes about the polish taking over - necro just isnt half as fun as underworld, it's basically 1 good drop gives you everything, no merges/upgrading etc which is the best thing ;P(well when it goes well ;P)

basically we need a new underworld server Big Grin , would be great to have a mass influx of polish players on it too for some competitiveness.
08-06-2013 00:20 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

would love new uw server but we could make it all about war and not peace would be great to start again
08-06-2013 02:09 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

gets my +10 vote, ive wanted this for a long time Smile
I was kind of miffed when i saw pl getting r17, they have 17 and we have 2 .. everyone saying all the UW players would go their is a bit of a stretch, but heck loads of us would.

But not only that, a lot who have quit will come back to the game with a new server. I would go and unlike necro (snore fest) i would stay.

I want a new UW so much i tried to play on other servers, but the language barrier kills the game (as its 50% a social game) and i know sooo sooo many people have also tried this - meaning that they would all play and stay on UW2

.. BWs devs would make a profit opening another UW server here ... enough said.

quote:
Originally posted by darc
would love new uw server but we could make it all about war and not peace would be great to start again

hehe well for the first year maybe Tongue

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

08-06-2013 12:50 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BoS

I would join new server.....

Tried Necro but prefered UW

Would enjoy the chance to build from nothing all over again, but would strongly suggest if new server gets the go ahead, that all auction items have a price cap put on them.
I know folks won`t have the stones for t anyway, but 80+ss for Solar ins`t going to happen on new UW server.

Nos

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
08-06-2013 13:37 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: [BoS]

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would definitely play on a new UW server. And not just for a little while...
Necro was boring, and so to play UW type servers I had to look elsewhere. I've been playing on French Moria & Moria 2 for quite some time now, but, as Demondude has already mentioned, the language barrier is very frustrating. Translators dont work for misspellings/slang/abbreviations/etc. , which makes up most of the format for player communication (as it does here too). This seriously slows down the progress for anyone who cant actually speak the servers language.
Due to the slowed progress it gets boring, and I dont play on those servers nearly as much as on UW (but I havent stopped playing on them)

I think a new UW server would be a nice thank you from the dev team for the years of play that many of us have invested in playing (and paying for) the UW sever. And it should definitely bring in some new players, who wont be scared off by the sheer mountain that has to be climbed to get anywhere near the top players on the present UK UW.

quote:
Originally posted by darc

hehe, that sounds like fun too

08-06-2013 14:18 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

it's not just the fact we start again it.showing.the players who have had easy rides that it wasn't so.easy when they think they good. won't be any easy basil expos prices would drop and there would be war like the old days fighting of 4.sieges.at a time
08-06-2013 15:39 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

And well ... I am no expert, but these servers are most likely hosted on VPSs, and the whole architecture of a Moria type server is now tested, stable and used.

So it means it's probably a matter of 2 hours work, couple clicks and setups to do to have a brand new UW server running.

And the running costs of a VPS with enough bandwidth and data space to allow for maybe 3000 active connections at once (which would be a miracle even on a Polish server I doubt it happens) - well that's 65 USD per month at the highest, 5 USD per month in offshore farms outside of Poland.

If the BW team has invested in physical machines and have their own servers (which I doubt), then the costs of installing a new server is probably close to zero as depreciation on the physical machines wouldn't take more than 5-7 years and that has long past.

So ... not trying to teach anyone their business, but I am pretty sure that in the first 2 months of running a new server where everyone will want premium etc (because a lot of us are adults and have enough money to premium on 3-4 servers per month), the costs of running for a whole year will have been covered + 2000% of profit on the investment.

But hey ... I'm no expert. Maybe I'm wrong. But somehow I don't think I am.

game wise, community wise and financially wise this seems like a good thing to do.

So chop chop, let's go.
08-06-2013 16:01 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

yes, new underworld server. And merge old Underworld with Moria I and Moria II, 3 half empty servers would make one nice active server

with new server it's possible to get new people playing. Tough to get fresh blood on an 5-7 year old server with a crashed economy. New server could solve this

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 08-06-2013 19:57.

08-06-2013 19:52 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Would be nice to see some of the devs opinions about this, not just Szeszej either but the others in charge too.

08-06-2013 21:45 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
Would be nice to see some of the devs opinions about this, not just Szeszej either but the others in charge too.

hes just gunna say..w wont get a new server untill this 1 is filled

they wont make new server for few players..otehrwise we would of had anotehr by now

there just not enough active players to warrent a new english server

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2013 22:49 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

I duno man, can you argue that for the pl servers too? They do have more actives than us here sure... but how many more, double? triple?

From what ive been told none of those servers are near being full either - just having more players and MORE money to gain from them, does not mean they wont make a profit from another here.

08-06-2013 23:01 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

thats what i ment

mroe players = more mmoney

with our small player base/income its probably just not profitable enough for them..to give us a second 1

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2013 23:58 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
thats what i ment

with our small player base/income its probably just not profitable enough for them..to give us a second 1

No such thing! You would make a terrible Ferengi!

They would make a profit with little extra work especially as the devs look at auctions ... and seemingly thats all with the UK ... and as you pointing out bud, we are a small server.

Small server = small auction list to look at Wink

08-07-2013 00:35 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
thats what i ment

Ba_al, look at my numbers above.

They probably make a big profit even on us already on both UW and Necro (although Necro is such crap that I have no idea who still buys premium for it).

UW probably costs them maximum 65 USD per month (that would be the highest cost for a VPS of high quality - which I doubt they have).

There is a good chance on our UW server, they sell a minimum of 75 packages of 180 days per month. That's 675 euros on average (taking into account UK is a bit cheaper than other European countries).

Even that is enough. Sure it's not huge money, but it's HUGE profit (on running costs).

If they make this much on each server, and they have around 25 servers running, on English UW server numbers it would make 16k a month. Except that Polish servers probably generate a lot more. So in the end the numbers are probably a lot higher.

Now, I do realize you think it might not be worth it for them. But it is, and even UW is worth it for them If it wasn't they would have closed it a long time ago.

Now, can people stop voting this down and just give it a 10 ? What is wrong with you, why would you not want a new server ? Leave the negative answers to the devs and simply say : Yes I am in.

This wasn't a thread for debate, this was a thread for all of us to say : Please give us a new server.

So I don't see the point in people coming here and saying "awwhhhnnnn but you knooooww, I don't think they will cos of xxxxxxx".

Stop the nagging, start the supporting.
08-07-2013 06:26 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
xpa

images/avatars/avatar-466.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: BOS

I'll play for sure in a new UW server, Necro it's so boring Tongue

08-07-2013 11:47 xpa is offline Search for Posts by xpa Add xpa to your Buddy List
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

I think another server would be great fun,
I'd just like a dev to post here and just give us a yes or no (with a reason why not) though so we can all stop the years of begging Tongue
08-07-2013 15:10 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

No answer from the devs after 8 days.
08-13-2013 17:36 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

because its a no go

08-13-2013 17:44 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

i myself wouldnt mind a new server but its the facts they will not give us 1

08-13-2013 18:27 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
i myself wouldnt mind a new server but its the facts they will not give us 1

I scratched my itch.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scourge: 08-13-2013 20:17.

08-13-2013 20:10 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
DeZZaMai

Registration Date: 09-14-2012
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: LGN

its pretty simple how to get a new server im as thick as pig crap and i have realised this if someone who can speak polish and French goes on to the other realms of bloodwars and gets them to make an account on R1 they will proberly create one

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DeZZaMai: 08-14-2013 16:42.

08-14-2013 16:41 DeZZaMai is offline Search for Posts by DeZZaMai Add DeZZaMai to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

bump
08-17-2013 09:00 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

images/avatars/avatar-1104.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2013
Clan: HLL

R1 isn't far from dead to be honest and I've not really been a fan of a new server until the last few weeks as I think activity would improve 10 fold and everyone knows players from foreign servers sign up, granted they don't all stay but the ones that get good do adding to the active players

Basically get it done already Tongue

08-17-2013 10:18 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

come on devs, it'd be nice to get some response... even if the idea is rejected, it's better to know that you at least cared enough to not leave us hanging.
I'd like to think after all the years of playing that you'd appreciate us enough to give us that much

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 08-19-2013 00:16.

08-19-2013 00:14 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

They need a reason to make a new server. And "Why not?" is not a viable answer.
And they never left you hanging. The answer has always been the same and they're just tired of copy+paste.

P.S. nowhere in the description of premium account is a clause that obligates the Dev Team to make a new server, so could you please stop using that as an argument? It's just infuriating.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-19-2013 02:59 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
They need a reason to make a new server. And "Why not?" is not a viable answer.
And they never left you hanging. The answer has always been the same and they're just tired of copy+paste.

P.S. nowhere in the description of premium account is a clause that obligates the Dev Team to make a new server, so could you please stop using that as an argument? It's just infuriating.

Well I agree with you on everything.

Even on the premium thing.

But the arguments i have put forward and the financial analysis of the game i made (even if incorrect) is not a "why not" argument.

It clearly points to a lot of good points, to a real need for the game to survive for uk customers, and to many other good arguments i think. And i am not only talking about my first post but the combination of all the ones i have made.

If the devs read these, it should give them a good opinion for opening a new server, and imo financially viable and profitable.
And they are not running a charity but a business so it is not a "why not" argument but a "no reason why not" in the end.
08-19-2013 05:53 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

I think the best bet would be a multi national server they already have the basic languages we would just have to pick which language and yeah Maybe some communication problems but UK players would stick together and French with French and so on.

would get.a.bigger player base on it since it would be.completely different from the others.

here's a reason would it be worth it if the new sever turned out like this one and is almost dead that's what they thinking.

I would love it but like you said they running a business

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 08-19-2013 05:59.

08-19-2013 05:57 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Bump
08-23-2013 06:27 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i want another character in UW but since bw doesnt allow it.... NEW SERVER! Big Grin

08-25-2013 19:06 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Demandred
Triple Ace

quote:
originally posted by Evangelion
They need a reason to make a new server. And "Why not?" is not a viable answer. And they never left you hanging. The answer has always been the same and they're just tired of copy+paste. P.S. nowhere in the description of premium account is a clause that obligates the Dev Team to make a new server, so could you please stop using that as an argument? It's just infuriating.

1. I dont think saying that a new server would help attract a new player base on top of the old one (the present server is too old and very daunting for new players) counts as saying "why not?"...

2. also where did anyone say that the devs are obligated to provide a new server because we're buying premium? All I can see in this thread is that another server would mean more premium being purchased, and that listening to our arguments in support of a new server and giving us a genuine response would show that they have some appreciation for the consumers of their product (and that a new server would show that appreciation even more). no mention of obligation in there that I can see

3. And in my opinion, copy+pasting an answer suggests that any new reasons suggested for a new server weren't considered... an old answer wouldn't give an approprate response to them. To me that suggests that the idea was dismissed without even reading the thread.
I also couldn't find where they have posted any reasons, can a link please be provided?

I hope I'm not comming accross as disrespectful, but this is what went through my mind after reading your post

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 08-27-2013 19:39.

08-27-2013 19:37 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Bump for jizzsm and glory.
08-30-2013 10:49 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

come on devs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

look at it and reply already!

ppl will buy premium too if there is a new server! Big Grin
so 2x premium from english UW servers >_>

08-30-2013 19:32 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Scourge
Triple Ace

Bump
09-02-2013 20:51 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Can we get a new UW type server ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH