Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Duping Will Kill This Game » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Duping Will Kill This Game
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PhuctiphinO

images/avatars/avatar-334.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

Duping Will Kill This Game Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok I know a lot of you are going slate me for saying this but I am (in fact did - see title)

Why is it this is 1 of the only games I can think of at present that actual allows players to cheat the system and DUPE items , most other games I can think of , this would count as a bannable offence

I have built my equipment thru LEGIT questing and auction buying/selling , I saved my stones and spent many a year working slowly towards what I have .

At present the way things are with duping amongst other things players don't have to work for nothing now , GS carry low end players to huge XP , items being duped so they can fast track to decent gear , what happened to taking pride in doing something for yourself ???

This isn't the game I started playing and enjoyed back in the day , today there's no wars/sieges/or nothing , its a hug fest and TBH boring as hell . All u see is players bitching because a DUPED item was bid on >...........<

At the end of the day we won't get a new server as its the current players who are KILLING this server with the current trend to be scared to step on others toes ??

we need war as the name indicates
09-05-2013 10:25 PhuctiphinO is offline Search for Posts by PhuctiphinO Add PhuctiphinO to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think the answer to your thread lies in the threads that were made when duping was removed.
costs sky rocket because unlike "most" other games, BW has merging.

about war-
my friend... war wont happen because
1. the server is OLD
2.people care about their poh WAY too much
3.few would think war is not fair when high levels are concentrated in top 2-3 clans.
there was a war between HLL and BoS/DB and as a result the game lost one of the GREATEST players... few present at that time would think otherwise of your opinion...

a new server would definitely have wars ...squabbles for z2s and z1,poh sieges etc Smile

09-05-2013 10:35 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In my opinion Chapel and Enchants killed the game, it's not about best player anymore, only about luckiest one.

Said that, it's obvious that you don't like duping 'cause you are not getting any profit with it, whenever you will need to dupe items to make something, like for example P+5 bony clubs for your clan you would love the duping.

About war, ok I will keep in mind you asked for war Wink

09-05-2013 11:24 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Clem I think he means a fair war :p

As for the duping, tbh it's not as easy as you reckon merging quality gear with duped items. It takes longer, more patience than merging the same quality of item through other means. It was removed and brought back so I think it's safe to say that it's here for good.

I don't think it's duping thats ruining the game, what's killing this game is something that dates all the way back to when Gendibal used to play, but I'm not arsed about getting into that.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
09-05-2013 17:40 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

What's wrong with duping? Before the chapel, it was the only way to guarantee P5 items through merging, now we have two ways of doing it.

Duping will not kill this game, it keeps players in because its the best way, and the cheapest, of getting your gear to P5...

Edit: Duping speeds up a process, I spent a year getting my two rings, and I would be spending more time buying the pieces off of the auction to merge to P5... with duping maybe 3 months?!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dtr: 09-05-2013 20:46.

09-05-2013 20:36 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

There is also the fact that we have so few players.

Fewer players means less drops.

Less drops mean less stuff gets auctioned so people have way more stones.

Which means eventually when that item you need pops up, someone else wth way more stones pops up and buys it.

Duping is the only way that is affordable for most now.

09-05-2013 23:40 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Duping Will Kill This Game

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH