Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Upgreade and CHAPEL » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Upgreade and CHAPEL 11 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3611 Votes - Average Rating: 8.3611 Votes - Average Rating: 8.36
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-18-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

Upgreade and CHAPEL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Seems that option of Clan Buildings give to player possibility to enjoi game and upgrade items over P+1 lvl. That lvl as I remember was (years ago) possible to reach by merge 2 items on lvl P or 4 items on lvl G+5. For people would lie to make better equipment.

Now we have CHAPEL. Seems that is working for some people. That game gives pleasure for such people that are lucky fith finding nice quest items or with "lucky fingers" when they are click button and with 50% chance are upgr items to higher lvl.

But not to everyone.

I know - admin answer will be (statistic chance). But I can not belive that statistic

Item Legendary Perfect Cursed Katana of the Bloodsucker (+1) has not been upgraded, you feel the power leaking from the item (- 3).
Item Legendary Perfect Flexible Full plate mail of Speed has not been upgraded, you feel the power leaking from the item (- 3).
Item Perfect Vengeful Bracelet of Youth (+1) has not been upgraded, you feel the power leaking from the item (- 3).
Item Perfect Vengeful Ring of Youth (+2) has not been upgraded, you feel the power leaking from the item (- 3).
Item Perfect Elvish Shorts of Dodges (+1) has not been upgraded, you feel the power leaking from the item (- 3).

According to statistic 5 times in row 50%, 25%, 12,5%, ~6%, 3%..

That is already second time with such 5 times in row.

So I assume that game is not for me. Person that work hardly to collect items for equipment and with 0% chance and no fun at all.

So I know on PL board was many time discusstion to change or give an option for such person like me. That gives chance to enyoiy game again with hard work.

SO MAYBE SOME PROPOSAL AS WELL HERE. ON UK SERVER IS NOT SO MANY ITEMS CAN BE MERGED TOGETHER.

And now shortly for admins. Non PL people can skip that one.

Szanowna administracjo. Zastanowcie sie bo moze warto cos zmienic. Wiem ze moze sie nie chce. Ale ja wlasnie koncze gra tylko z tego wzgldu, ze nie widze dla siebie zadnego swiatelka w tumelu. Cos co dawalo mi frajde przez prawie 7 lat wlasnie w ostatnim czasie sie skonczylo...

Dziekuje

Z powa|aniem.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Blodsugare: 09-19-2013 09:25.

09-19-2013 09:22 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

fully agree
lucky upgrading destroys game character

burned all stomes in upgrading that i earned since 16000000exp just for on p5 upgrade and still dont have it

while other are more lucky and get one p5 after the other

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 09-19-2013 10:19.

09-19-2013 10:09 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree that this game turned into a lucky game. If devs wanted it that way I have nothing against it but I would like some option for the ones that don't have "lucky fingers".

As a proposal I would just request the same mechanism that the well of souls has till you reach Perfect levels: the use of stones (Ritual of Blood)

Explanation: High level items are used by high level players that ear lot of stones doing high level expos with min number of players so I wouldn't mind to pay lot of stones, and I mean lot of them (but not that much like Alyat wasted Tongue ) to upgrade 1 item like Deadly Cape of Speed to P+5 as it's is really hard to make neutral copies, and I can't risk to click upgrade till P+5 'cause I don't have backup for such item and I will mess up my own expos/kohs/arenas, and I will prejudice the players I usually assist.

09-19-2013 12:39 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

The chapel could be used in the same way I guess but with Clemenza's idea included.

Level 1 you get the choice to upgrade from P-P+1 using soul stones merges and life's? Instead of life heart blood just move it up to the top. That might be an interesting idea.

Then chapel 2 gets access to so P1-2 and so on. And you have to luck up from G+5-P? As you can't guarantee a N-G upgrade? I'm just shooting ideas out here.
09-19-2013 13:14 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

i wish rng literally meant rng...
generate a random number between 1-99
if number <50 , upgrade fail
else
voila ! Big Grin

09-19-2013 19:42 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

Maybe make some really expensive ritual, that takes loads of soul stones, POH and evo points.

g5 ~> perfect ~ 10ss, 5k honour, 75 evo
perfect -> perfect +1 ~ 15ss, 10k honour, 125
perfect +1 -> perfect +2 ~ 20ss, 15k honour, 175
perfect +2 -> perfect +3 ~ 25ss, 20k honour, 225
perfect +3 -> perfect +4 ~ 30ss, 25k honour, 275
perfect +4 -> perfect +5 ~ 35ss, 30k honour, 350

Total cost to ritual from g5 to p5
135 ss
105k points of honour
1225 evo points

personally it would take me around 70 days to earn the souls from expo. Not sure about the poh, and the evo would take at least 40 days. And would be a major setback in training my evolution abilities

Don't know, maybe it should be a bit more, something like 150 stones, 200k honour and 1500 evo to ritual all the way. But i like the idea to be able to earn p5 items from hard work much better than level 80 vampires making p5 items from blind luck!!

09-19-2013 20:35 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

I like dooz idea
09-19-2013 22:24 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Maybe make some really expensive ritual, that takes loads of soul stones, POH and evo points.

g5 ~> perfect ~ 10ss, 5k honour, 75 evo
perfect -> perfect +1 ~ 15ss, 10k honour, 125
perfect +1 -> perfect +2 ~ 20ss, 15k honour, 175
perfect +2 -> perfect +3 ~ 25ss, 20k honour, 225
perfect +3 -> perfect +4 ~ 30ss, 25k honour, 275
perfect +4 -> perfect +5 ~ 35ss, 30k honour, 350

Total cost to ritual from g5 to p5
135 ss
105k points of honour
1225 evo points

personally it would take me around 70 days to earn the souls from expo. Not sure about the poh, and the evo would take at least 40 days. And would be a major setback in training my evolution abilities

Don't know, maybe it should be a bit more, something like 150 stones, 200k honour and 1500 evo to ritual all the way. But i like the idea to be able to earn p5 items from hard work much better than level 80 vampires making p5 items from blind luck!!

and in half year everyone will have eq at p+5?

09-20-2013 15:00 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Blodsugare

I do not know how the others .

But calculation for all above mentioned (best player)

Expedition and stones
day 1 = 2 SS start 1 SS for assist
day 2 = 1 SS for assist

4 SS for 2 days. As proposed by NN is 135/4 = 35 days (if U win all exp)

Honour - for that moment is not so easy to calculate. But with best location someone can get (Citadel level 1-6)
day 1 = 16k start and 16k assist
day 2 = 16 k assist

48 k for 2 days = NN proposal is not enought (shall be more with honour)

EVO - 1225 / 32 EVO/day = about 40 days to collect.

8 items x 40 days = 1 year.. That is to short.. Anyhow is not half year.

As well that above calculation is base of NN, Cesarz and few other players progress. For smaller players will take 2 years.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Blodsugare: 09-20-2013 15:27.

09-20-2013 15:26 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

i like nn´s idea

other idea is that upgradechance will increase after burning enough stones on same item

normal 50% chance for upgrade
after every 200ls burned chance increased by 5%-10%

means after 1000ls-2000ls burned u get item upgraded

i burned now 3000ls on same item and still nothing this is really ridiculous

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 09-20-2013 16:57.

09-20-2013 16:26 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Alyat idea could also work, but how to keep track?

Current system encourage luck over hard work. Please reduce chance for successful upgrade by 10-15% above g5 and make really expensive ritual.

09-20-2013 18:23 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

4 months for one item (100k exp for day)

p= 198bs/50hs and 32ls
p+1= 396bs/100hs/64ls/2ss
p+2= 792bs/200hs/128ls/4ss
p+3= 1584bs/400hs/256ls/8ss
p+4= 3168bs/800hs/512ls/16ss
p+5= 6336bs/1200hs/1024ls/32ss

09-20-2013 19:17 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Robsonm

Registration Date: 02-19-2013

50% ? 80% ? 60% ?

please, dont be stupid, U need to do sth with this couse this is annoying and crazy !

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a117583dc4
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=98bd8b14e6
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=39c0c303a0
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b55522a47d
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=79596ab581

r1 : Albert Hofmann [D.B.]
09-21-2013 17:16 Robsonm is offline Search for Posts by Robsonm Add Robsonm to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Imo... To support this statistically bull feces....
They have like a meter or something i guess... When the %. Of ups has reached a point... They go on failing next upgrade attempts

09-22-2013 16:41 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well something should be definitely done/changed because now the challenge is mostly taken away and being replaced by 'try my luck' system isn't the most enticing way how to keep me in game.

I guess it was supposed to keep the chances same for everyone (except for some lucky b.. err players), but to keep failing and failing over and over isn't very motivating.

As Clemenza mentioned, extension of ritual of blood to higher levels with drastically increased costs might be the way to go and it can be nicely enhanced by dooz' suggestion where several different ingame resourced would be necessary in order to make the ritual upgrade.

One way or another 'something' should be done as while we a few with exceptional luck streak, most of us definitely lack it.

In this way I would like to ask Szeszej to pass our suggestions to SushiMaker and Konrad as the frustration level is increasing faster and faster.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
09-23-2013 19:48 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

I really agree with this, and we could take dooz suggestion as the way it should be implemented

09-24-2013 13:00 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

yup i agree with you guys, something else does need to be done, the game is losing interest to me and others, due to the fact we dont have this "luck" which the game has seem to come down
skill has lost the meaning in this game lol

many people are getting bored and annoyed with it, a few have left just down to this factor in the game, and many do have this in mind if nothing else happens...

i agree with dooz, or something long them lines,
09-24-2013 13:02 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
Bowmore

images/avatars/avatar-1122.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

I agree that something like this needs to be done. There's no way to repair the damage that has already been done, but this idea would at least give the rest of us a chance. Even this is a short term fix because this would give a guaranteed route to fully upgraded gear.

I have to object to the math that has been applied above, though. Averaging 100k exp (and the associated stones) and 24k honour per day? I'm ranked 20th right now, which theoretically puts me in probably the top 10% of the active players on the server, and I'm lucky to average 60k exp and 3k honour each day (which all goes to resurrections for expos). So while a few of you might be able to achieve a p5 ritual upgrade in 4 months at those prices, for most people, it will take MUCH longer.

P.S. That 24k honour average has got to be wrong. I think Citadel is closer to 9k, not 16k, which would put the maximum daily average at 13.5k.

09-24-2013 13:21 Bowmore is offline Search for Posts by Bowmore Add Bowmore to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

im sorry to screw up the discussion but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

isnt it the same way as finding rare items on quests? or even succeeding quests and ambushes??

everything was luck before. people surely can indeed get their items to p+5 by the merging way.

just saying ._.

09-24-2013 18:02 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
dooz
Viking

Indeed you can get items to p5 by merging, that's my preferred way. But take a look at amulets in auction. There is simply no material to work with.

Guns, ranged weapons, helmets, armors and pants. All of those seem to drop at a rate where you can get from auction and merge your way up. But I suspect this is only the case because so many people rely on luck to get items to p5.

Try looking at amulets in auction, good luck collecting merge pieces to get your suffixed whatever to p5.

I think we need this ritual, and that we need to have regular chance reduced.

Also, 24k poh per day, who earns that?

09-24-2013 19:05 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I think it might give a bit of life into Underworld. There is always evolutions to help people and give them some incentive. The one thing in UW people will always want to do is improve gear.. I think it will be a huge part of the game if you could do so like Dooz idea.
09-24-2013 20:15 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Blodsugare

Will we get any replay from admins. Do U read any of posts.
Maybe one can answer...

Last answers from our team

SushiMaker Posted on: 11-07-2012 - 2 monts
Konrad Posted on: 09-02-2013 - 7 monts
C47 Posted on: 09-03-2013 - 6 monts

I see U are more often acive on PL board. Here is disappearing servers. But we are still alive.
10-01-2013 14:17 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

any news?

this stupid upgrading system makes me sick

i spend now 211ss 4905ls 7482hs 18618bs on 1 item to upgrade to p5
and i still try
why is this game just based on luck

no skill is necessary just luck

this destroys all fun and succes is just for the lucky boys

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-10-2013 18:09.

12-10-2013 18:05 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

And if all the chances were 100% you would make your dream gear in no time and lose interest in the game (or at least in the item merging aspect). That said the system is as it is and no changes are planned at the moment. You will just have to keep trying and hope for the luck of the draw.

12-10-2013 21:29 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

no i will loose intrest cause i fail upgrading

i allready´have my dreamgear ready in amory and all left in game is upgrading

and if i will need 12month for every piece it will be a very boring thing
since lvl 103 i try to upgrade 1 single item and i am now lvl112
i just have 1 p5 item while other more lucky boys at my lvl are fully equipped with p5
not caue they are skilled no they are just push the upgrade button at right time ^^

i am short before quiting game cause i am so pissed in spending all my stones in nothing while some othe lucky boys get p5 sets and getting stronger and stronger

no a game ruled by luck is very boring

thing about my proposal that upgradechances will increased increase after some stones burned
that would give some hope

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
i like nn´s idea

other idea is that upgradechance will increase after burning enough stones on same item

normal 50% chance for upgrade
after every 200ls burned chance increased by 5%-10%

means after 1000ls-2000ls burned u get item upgraded

i burned now 3000ls on same item and still nothing this is really ridiculous

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 12-10-2013 23:58.

12-10-2013 23:42 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I suppose some of the guys also got to perfect+5 by just merging different items, not only clicking upgrade Smile .

And as I've said - we have currently no plans of changing anything connected with upgrades, at least not until runes and arenas are done.

12-11-2013 00:18 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

of course its possible to merge 64 g5 pieces together for p5
but who do that on endgameequip^^

thats impossible

and by the way
i merge atm 16 p1 scorpios together.... and thats the same result
always fail from g5 to p

12-12-2013 10:53 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

The problem is Szeszej there are people leaving on, i would say, a weekly basis now.

Because of the fact anybody can now just turn up click upgrade 5 times and have a Perfect +5 item yet most people do just fail like crazy with no end in sight.

The people who are saying that there should be a ritual for P-P+5 aren't the smaller players, its the players who do know the game.
12-19-2013 19:28 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And if all the chances were 100% you would make your dream gear in no time and lose interest in the game (or at least in the item merging aspect). That said the system is as it is and no changes are planned at the moment. You will just have to keep trying and hope for the luck of the draw.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I suppose some of the guys also got to perfect+5 by just merging different items, not only clicking upgrade Smile .

And as I've said - we have currently no plans of changing anything connected with upgrades, at least not until runes and arenas are done.

firstly, if people feel like they aren't getting any closer to their dream gear after years of work then they definitely will quit, so the idea that if they can guarantee progress over a couple years (or more if that seems necessary) that they'll loose interest, well, that's just a ridiculous argument...
If you think the game is that boring without having to work on upgrades/merges anymore, then we all might as well quit now, cause from what I can see in this thread nobody's really having "fun" with that aspect of the game anymore anyway, and if a game isn't fun then why bother playing it...

secondly, if you want people to take the idea of merging their way to P5 gear, then something will have to change on the this server (Underworld)... At the moment it's either wait forever for one of the many pieces to appear in auction (then have to enter a bid war to maybe get it), or pay the increasingly inflated prices on the basic merge pieces...

PS. I know that I'm not sugesting any solutions, but I'm not getting paid for that, so I wont bother wasting my time trying...

12-20-2013 07:13 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

What about increased costs and/or reduced chances, but the item item doesn't downgrade if you fail?

If it was 10 soulstone with a 10% chance, but your equipment was safe, people would happily plug away at it.

You could even have ridiculous upscaling in stones per level, and people would still have an inventive!

G+5 to P - no change. Merge or get lucky, your call.
P to P+1 - Ritual of Blood: 10 SS protects your item from downgrade, 10% success.
P+1 to P+2 - same but 20 SS
P+2 to P+3 - same but 30 SS
Then 40
Then 50

All to just protect the gear, with only a 1 in 10 chance of success.

It takes a massive time and effort commitment, but it doesn't feel terrible and doesn't have the Anti-Lottery (players who will never, ever upgrade because they constanyly upgrade once or twice then lose 3 levels).

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-20-2013 11:37 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Let's assume it takes 5 attempts to upgrade successfully with the system I proposed (spoiler, it won't! It'll take loads of attempts!)
How many stones is that to get P+5?
750 Soulstones for one item? How much gameplay does that represent?

Even someone on a lucky streak has to put more effort in then in the current system.

Someone mentioned attacks and quests failing? ThiS is NOT the same thing. When you fail an ambush, you don't lose 3 character levels and have to start over again!

People WILL quit. They're gambling necessary functions off of item bonuses (attacks, defence requirements, special abilities) for minor improvements. When they fail, and they WILL fail, you lose a paying customer.

You're the ones gambling real money.

So far, this is still fun for me. I'm only level 80. But I've quit twice now. Once out of boredom. And once because of item upgrading. I can see myself quitting again in the future, even though there is loads more content that has brought me back there's a definite wall looming in the future with this issue...

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-20-2013 11:59 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

In one way, I regret the installation of the Chapel. If we didn't have it, we wouldn't be complaining about the upgrade fails. o.O

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
12-22-2013 00:17 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Upgreade and CHAPEL

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH