Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Seriously dragons are absolutely ridiculous to handle when you are a starting melee character.

They are pure heaven for gunners and snipers.

I am lvl 69 and still cannot get my red dragon badge and honestly it is ridiculous. Do not tell me I need better gear because for my level, I probably have some of the best gear you could get your hands on as a Berzerker.

White dragon has 130-140+ agility, Black dragon has an insane defence, and now Red dragon with 295 agility and 300 defence ????

It is clearly an imbalance issue, I don't think the devs play melee much at low level or else they would be aware of this.

I have top notch gear for my level and I am being slowed down in progression because I cannot get past dragon badges in less than 1 month and a half per badge (which is utterly ridiculous for these mobs).
Now I must be close to -50% xp on those bloody reds.

Fix it ?

And yes, this is a cry and rant thread because I am tired of getting fingered by the RNG.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scourge: 10-14-2013 10:39.

10-14-2013 10:39 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sadly u got N0 friends in game (outside too perhaps?) Who can just lend u gear to get a badge and just get over it...

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

10-14-2013 12:34 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by steco
Sadly u got N0 friends in game (outside too perhaps?) Who can just lend u gear to get a badge and just get over it...

Sadly ... you missed the part where I talk about Berzerker which means tattoo, which means UW, which means no cheating through gear lending.

But it's ok, you'll get there one day. It takes time.
10-14-2013 13:21 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

I'm a melee character, and every badge I have, including the dragons, have been won using 1h melee.

My advice? Get better gear.

10-14-2013 13:25 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dtr
I'm a melee character, and every badge I have, including the dragons, have been won using 1h melee.

No !

Also.

Good Mask of Adrenaline (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Cape (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Chain of Accuracy (+3)
UNEQUIP
Good Ring of Levitation* (+3)
UNEQUIP
Good Signet of Youth (+3)
UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Shorts (+5)
UNEQUIP
Friendly Thunderfist of Suicide (+5)
UNEQUIP
Murderous Thunderfist of Precision* (+5)
UNEQUIP

For lvl 69, unless you have a magic recipe to get tit of youth/levi set so early in game, I doubt it can get much better.

Anyway, this thread will lead nowhere but I really just want to rant cos I am tired of this RNG.
10-14-2013 13:30 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

After doing it myself, I can agree. The jump from act II red dragons to act III dragons does not allow a smooth transition for melee users as they are boosted by a good 100 agility.

To compare can a 1h melee who got a badge using 1h melee show the report ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeikun: 10-14-2013 13:45.

10-14-2013 13:40 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

It's easier to get those badges with sniper equipment and no badge, than it is with really good(for your level) melee gear.

They really should fix that. Sniper need only cap of precognition, hunting rifle, shorts of shepherd/sun and level 2 to hit tattoo to hunt white dragons with great success. Good luck being able to do anything similar with any melee char level 37-43

10-14-2013 13:47 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
quote:
Originally posted by dtr

No !

Also.

UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Cape (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Shorts (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

For lvl 69, unless you have a magic recipe to get tit of youth/levi set so early in game, I doubt it can get much better.

Anyway, this thread will lead nowhere but I really just want to rant cos I am tired of this RNG.

Totally agree with this thread, reds especially are next to near impossible, they're sitting with 230-250 agility.

You might have a bit better chance with leg 2h for dragons (+25% hit), but getting leg 2h of vengeance/suicide wont be easy either.

http://r5.bloodwars.interia.pl/showmsg.p...&key=3066ab57c5

White dragons with 178 agility says it all really, 1h melee is definitely not on a level playing field.
10-14-2013 14:49 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dtr

No !

Also.

UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Cape (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
Good Elvish Shorts (+5)
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP
UNEQUIP

Totally agree with this thread, reds especially are next to near impossible, they're sitting with 230-250 agility.

You might have a bit better chance with leg 2h for dragons (+25% hit), but getting leg 2h of vengeance/suicide wont be easy either.

http://r5.bloodwars.interia.pl/showmsg.p...&key=3066ab57c5

White dragons with 178 agility says it all really, 1h melee is definitely not on a level playing field.

Yeah I actually have a Leg G3 Mace of Vengeance, and the +25% to hit bonus, even with 180 agility, using cats path from elastic set and with the +100 luck to compensate for not using power of blood during the event, was NOT enough to hit a 295+ agility dragon unfortunately.

I was hoping the event last week would help, well it did not.

I am now at a stage where a red gives me about 3k xp, and when I hop onto a XR expo from someone else I make 12k xp.

Makes a lot of sense right ?
10-14-2013 15:10 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

RE: Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so paying a couple of bs for a cheap sniper set is to hard these days is it ??

to the ppl complaining now i didnt see ye complaiining when ye were snipers

not every mob is geared towards a certain tatoo

so whats changed ? @scourge/levi you going melee this time so now you want drakes to be melee friendly

the devs have saidd it themselves b4 they want ppl to try diff set ups...so get over it

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-14-2013 15:23 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

RE: Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al

so whats changed ? @scourge/levi you going melee this time so now you want drakes to be melee friendly

the devs have saidd it themselves b4 they want ppl to try diff set ups...so get over it

I want you to kneel
10-14-2013 15:31 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al

I want you to kneel

yeah i can see that happening pwahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-14-2013 15:38 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

So by your logic medusas should be easier to hit and sphinxs and lets not forget about phoinxs for snipers thoses are the hard mobs for snipers.

They wont change just get better gear
10-15-2013 08:31 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
PhuctiphinO

images/avatars/avatar-334.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2008
Clan: The Source

Surely this isn't a problem in the game , especially now you have good samaritans to carry you thru expos , just look at the amount of ppls who are proud they got their high end badge by getting a lucky hit at the end ???

nobody wants to work or plan for anything anymore , this game has lost all direction
10-15-2013 10:48 PhuctiphinO is offline Search for Posts by PhuctiphinO Add PhuctiphinO to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by PhuctiphinO
Surely this isn't a problem in the game , especially now you have good samaritans to carry you thru expos , just look at the amount of ppls who are proud they got their high end badge by getting a lucky hit at the end ???

nobody wants to work or plan for anything anymore , this game has lost all direction

I am not even sure how to respond to that.

I actually do my reds with a guy my level, hes a sniper so he kills them all which is good. But nothing about carrying. We try hard.
10-15-2013 15:45 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

just get a spare sniper gear for mobs with high agi and low perc.

snipers also have hard mobs like XRs which are near impossible to touch... let alone land a mark.

10-15-2013 16:22 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by TigerDrive
just get a spare sniper gear for mobs with high agi and low perc.

snipers also have hard mobs like XRs which are near impossible to touch... let alone land a mark.

I used to play sniper on previous character. Anything under wendigo was easy to hit with a solar set.
10-15-2013 17:38 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

ppl fight like dogs for solar set... it is commendable to get a solar set.

change ur shorts to elvish of scout or dodges... u vil get ur badge then Wink

10-15-2013 20:01 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I dont get what the problem is...
As a ranged weapon user there's not much chance of hitting anything until Golems. So I cant feel bad for melee users having trouble with drakes.
I had to use a sniper setup without any tattoo bonus to get my drake badges... not such a big deal really.

10-17-2013 01:16 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

I did my white and black drake badges on my old account with a hunting rifle and no tattoo bonus. After that all badges came from ranged weapons and i wasnt carried l. Its doable but legendary is a must because there arent many ways to get that kind of combat score at that level.

The dragons are a stepping stone though. Some mobs are harder for certain paths as you know.

Think about it though. The optimal exp levels are kind of a guide to what mobs we should be hunting at that level. If one takes you a long time just be sure to monster the ones after Wink

Oh, to a few of you, the spam in this thread is unacceptable. Any more and my warn button is coming out.

10-17-2013 17:57 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make Dragons more available to Melee Chars ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH