Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Hunting grounds [Proposition] » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hunting grounds [Proposition] 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Yowie

Registration Date: 01-08-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Hunting grounds [Proposition] Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an idea that could help to increase amount of players on BW server. I've seen a lot of new players to come into game and leave after few days, and it may be because i think the game is a bit boring till lvl 20 or even 40. There are available only attacks on mostly inactive people and then quests when you get mostly clubs or short bows Wink and even after lvl 20 when you can start first expo on UW you cannot realy do some damage there until lvl around 40.

So to add some action for (not only) small players i suggest to create new mechanism like quests but with some fighting included, where starting players could get some action and at the same time also to get more familiar with how fighting mechanism in game works, try different kind of weapons before choosing tattoo, or actually using melee or ranged tattoos on something else than attacks till higher expos Wink .
Lets call it for example hunting grounds. People would choose a location and fight some random opponent or group of opponents from that location. By successing there they could unlock others levels of location and so. They could also get some drops from there according to location similarly as they do on quests with some exp too. Higher the location the better drops and exp...

To make it more challenging later each location could have some required amount of stat (or combination of stats) to enter (for example minimal intelligence to enter the location: 60)

There are some mobs in game from tasks that we met once and then never heard of them again, those could appear in those locations (maybe after completing according tasks) and that would save some troubles with creating new mobs for this Wink So for start they might fight against some wolves, then later werevolves, mutants and whatever other mobs we met...

This might also help to test ones gear in action since there are lot players that are carried in expos by higher players and that dont really motivate them to work on their gear

What do you think of this idea could it work? Also can some devs say if it could be possible or idea worth to try?

11-12-2013 15:27 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KHORNE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have to say its the best idea for BW for ages! Hope BWTeam would do something like that

11-13-2013 08:34 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If what you're suggesting is like a solo-expo/koth type thing, I can say I very much like the sound of that. There's a couple of reasons why:

1. It means that on dying servers, lower level players can earn some decent exp for themselves.
I play on French moria II and my clan is ranked 7, but there's almost never enough people online to make even a pheonix expo work, and I dont mean a noble... so exp gain is pretty much negligable. I've stopped putting much time into that server now as a result. If I could earn something for myself, I could start to progress again (which also means I would consider paying for prem on that account again, though this is not about that)

2. I've noticed that some people are a bit annoyed that if a weaker player is in a strong clan, they can get "carried" through expos. Meaning quick exp gain without having to work as hard for it. If there was a solo venture, this would mean that stronger players (and I mean for their level, not just higher level players) would get well deserved progress, regardless of clan strength, and those that are genuinely being "carried" in expos will start to fall behind, unless they sort themselves out. So nobody can complain.

PS. I also like the idea of getting to face some task mobs again.

11-14-2013 04:06 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Hi,

at the moment we dont plan to make such feature still this idea had come up from all of our communieties so it is possible that we will pick it up eventually as we finish the current ideas for game development.

Thank You.
11-14-2013 12:50 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Hunting grounds [Proposition]

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH