Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » [MORIA] Ban for enormous overbiding of duping auctions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page [MORIA] Ban for enormous overbiding of duping auctions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Vlade_

Registration Date: 10-19-2012

Attention [MORIA] Ban for enormous overbiding of duping auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread...hreadid=1282760

Can we expect similar actions here? There are few ppl who put 20-30-50-100-200 bs for alnmost every duping auction what i saw regularly when my clanmates were duping i.. armours

This a very good penalty (perm ban) for someone who is malicious and provides to pushing (40 to 200 x the item value).

Can i expect here only OP Szeszej answer?Smile
12-20-2013 08:11 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't really understand the benefits from such practice so could you explain how harmful it is to the server or what kind of profit the bidder is getting?

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

12-20-2013 08:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Vlade_

Thread Starter Thread Started by Vlade_
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
I don't really understand the benefits from such practice so could you explain how harmful it is to the server or what kind of profit the bidder is getting?

If item is worth 1-5 bs moreless and someone pays 100 bs or 50 bs then:
1) It's push coz it is much more then its value
2) If the external bidder doesn't want it, he just want to interupt others then it is harmful/malicious and what ever U want to call it but it spoils the funSmile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vlade_: 12-20-2013 08:39.

12-20-2013 08:37 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Its called market tactics though...

Its a war game. Market war is a real thing.
12-20-2013 08:52 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Not really market tactics.

From what I see, hundreds of stones are removed from the game, wasted on dupe items that pretty much never had a seller. And they're getting the seller of the actual non-dupe item in trouble for pushing.

Indeed, should be a bannable offence.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

12-20-2013 21:02 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

RE: [MORIA] Ban for enormous overbiding of duping auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Vlade_
http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread...hreadid=1282760

Can we expect similar actions here? There are few ppl who put 20-30-50-100-200 bs for alnmost every duping auction what i saw regularly when my clanmates were duping i.. armours

This a very good penalty (perm ban) for someone who is malicious and provides to pushing (40 to 200 x the item value).

Can i expect here only OP Szeszej answer?Smile

one thing auction was raported by seller, so why he get ban. Always when seller or buyer raporting auction nobody get ban. Buc created new law without adding it to regulations.

12-20-2013 21:41 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

Ok the way i see this...

If 2 people or more want an item bad enough and keep bidding, there is no push or pull as long as it is genuine bids.

If you want to dupe, then complain when someone legitimately bids on an item, boohoo stick another one up and repeat til you have as many as you need. You dont get to call items. If theyre on auction, anyone can bid on them, end of story.

simples.

12-20-2013 23:49 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Thread Starter Thread Started by Vlade_

If we talk about duping items then everyone can dupe it on their own. There is no need to interupt others. If U do not need it and just bid to interupt others U should be banned coz U spoil the fun to others. Especially if U increas price from few bs to 30bs or higher
12-21-2013 09:19 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

Its just competition. Why not just all dupe together nicely?

12-21-2013 11:00 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Maybe the items wouldn't go so high if you didn't bid back against a few of the people who maybe want just one or two of them items and just let a couple of people have some of the items, without them having to make a bloody appointment with the duper. Tongue There's always gonna be people who need a lil amount of what's being duped imo, that's why dupe items go up in price I think. :p Nothing malicious about it imo. Maybe the person bidding on them can't be bothered with a bid war over such a petty item?;p Or simply doesn't have the time like all you people duping to be able to come on and have bid wars over all the dupes that go up, so he just puts what he's willing to pay for the item on the item.

Just cause people bidding on items, in your opinion, is malicious and deserves permanent ban, does NOT mean the bidding IS malicious and deserves a ban. and even if people bidding on dupe items and paying what you consider to be a silly price do get banned, something like this certainly DOES NOT deserve a permanent ban imo. :p Especially on such a small server.

Also, have you even considered the possibility that low levels NEED these kind of items for what they wanna merge?:p There's also the language barrier with some players I guess, some of them probably don't realize that they could get in on the duping action but want the items, so they fight for it. O.o

Just throwing out some other possible perspectives, other than your narrow-minded 'oh they bidded on my items, they're pushing, I'ma try to get them banned for wasting some of my thousands of Bloodstones that are just increasing over time anyways' o.o

12-21-2013 11:25 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Bowmore

images/avatars/avatar-1122.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

As someone who is currently involved in a duping project, I don't have any problem with people getting one or two of the items I am bidding on. However, if its not done by arrangement, I have no way of knowing whether they are going to fight me on every piece. If I lose all of the duplicates, then the duping process breaks down and the project I've worked hard to put together falls apart. If I don't win at least half of the pieces, then I've lost another day of duplication.

That means that if I don't know who is bidding against me and why, I have no choice but to fight for every piece. If someone talks to me, I'm happy to make arrangements for them to get a piece or two, especially if they are going to use them to start their own duping project.

12-21-2013 13:18 Bowmore is offline Search for Posts by Bowmore Add Bowmore to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

So we already can't bid on an item past a certain point without being banned, now they plan on perma-banning for trying to win duping items? I've been both sides of the duping process, as annoying as it can be when it breaks down because others win the items, it's still an open market? o.O Meaning anyone can bid? If someone else has the stones to compete for a duping item, then why the hell should they get banned for buying it?

This is just another tantrum I think, maybe he'll calm down when someone gives him his soother. Wink

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
12-22-2013 00:11 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » [MORIA] Ban for enormous overbiding of duping auctions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH