Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo according to race » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expo according to race 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Question Expo according to race Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After running a survey on reports available in the forums, I realised that the mob stat has varied greatly from time to time. One striking fact is that throughout the time, the mobs are more or less vulnerable to gun damages and highly defensive against melee attacks. Now keeping the fact in mind that once a player chooses his race, he can never change it in game so the players who have chosen a melee strong character, has either to wait for level 50+ or higher to get his badge or to put his entire melee setup locked in cupboard and equip a gun,for which he won't get any arcana support either. In this process a gunner gets more advantage over a melee and levels up way faster than him. In my opinion, every expo location (for example : white tower) should contain different mobs with varied vulnerabilities, if one is strong against melee with high defence and agility, the other should have high perception to fend off gunners long, thus a location could be balanced for all races. Possibly most of the readers have seen two level 30 players easily conquering over white dragon, but even three level 40 melee would find it hard to pin down the white. I am somewhat new in this game so any ignorance may be forgiven but I think this is one problem that every melee player has faced in his career. Any communication regarding this topic is highly welcome.

12-18-2013 16:26 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

RE: Expo according to race Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's the thing actually, the majority of melee basically have to wait until 50+ or use Sniper/Gunner stuff on expos until they have gotten their WD and BD badges. Tongue It's what I did, it's what many others I know have done.. Melee has their easy mobs, Snipers have theirs, same with hard mobs. Tongue

Normally my advice IS to just use a gunner setup until you've gotten your first 2 badges, unless you're feeling audacious and wish to use melee for expos until you're, like, Act 2, perhaps Act 3, in order to get your WD and BD badges. ^^ I think I was PMing you before and something similar to this topic came up, I'm sure I gave a similar response to this one.

Any further questions, PM me in-game - Hammertime. Smile

12-18-2013 16:42 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by souvik
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes of course cheese, but you didn't get my point I believe. I meant, every player has to equip gun for getting their first two badges and who knows even further up in the game. But no gunner has to equip melee setup for conquering over any given mob, which is reflected in the Expedition monsters stat page (Expedition monsters). It is evident that apart from R&R and Xr all the other mobs have boosted up agility and comparatively lesser perception. So my point is, a gunner has to build his setup and upgrade it along with his progress; but a melee player rather has to build a fake gunner profile only for expos and then when his job is done he has to destroy it all for starting an all new melee setup so definitely the melee players are the losers, at least in the initial levels. What is more frustrating is that if someone has already made a tattoo by that time, it's totally useless, because it won't work. On the other hand, a gunner will relish the power of his newly made tattoo.

01-03-2014 18:11 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by souvik
Yes of course cheese, but you didn't get my point I believe. I meant, every player has to equip gun for getting their first two badges and who knows even further up in the game. But no gunner has to equip melee setup for conquering over any given mob, which is reflected in the Expedition monsters stat page (Expedition monsters). It is evident that apart from R&R and Xr all the other mobs have boosted up agility and comparatively lesser perception. So my point is, a gunner has to build his setup and upgrade it along with his progress; but a melee player rather has to build a fake gunner profile only for expos and then when his job is done he has to destroy it all for starting an all new melee setup so definitely the melee players are the losers, at least in the initial levels. What is more frustrating is that if someone has already made a tattoo by that time, it's totally useless, because it won't work. On the other hand, a gunner will relish the power of his newly made tattoo.

You'll find that while melee and even ranged suffer in expos as compared to gunners, they prosper in PvP fighting much easier than gunners will in early levels (unless you're a low level who has friends with big squares). So it's a double-edged blade really.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
01-03-2014 20:54 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

quote:
Originally posted by warlock619
quote:
Originally posted by souvik

You'll find that while melee and even ranged suffer in expos as compared to gunners, they prosper in PvP fighting much easier than gunners will in early levels (unless you're a low level who has friends with big squares). So it's a double-edged blade really.

I personally think that, sure, melee have to use guns to easily obtain the first 2 badges, but we can see clearly that there are badges that are gunner-friendly, i.e, Golem, Arachne, Basilisk, etc and mobs that are melee friendly, i.e, Noble, Rem/Rom, XR, etc. Tongue Yeah, sure, at first it seems like a really unfair balance, but screw it mate, cause once you get past those badges, if you're good for your level, you will excel ;P Erm, Souvik, you DO realize that there is the possibility that one can focus primarily on their melee gear, whilst attempting badges with a crappy/mediocre gunner setup that they bought for like, 60bs on auction?Tongue It's what I did, I didn't feel like a loser when I was going through low levels, and I was melee like you. I got my first two badges using guns and the rest came quite easily. I got stuck on a couple of badges now and then, but that was bad luck. Tongue

You might see it all as unfair, but I think it's fine the way it is, I'm sure there are others who would agree. ^^

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D: 01-04-2014 02:43.

01-04-2014 02:33 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by souvik

Hmmm I think you are right mate. Moreover, given same level, melees usually dominate gunners if geared properly. Consider 50 X2 + 100X1(crit) per round from a good hunter's rifle +1 versus a 100 X 2 (crit 600 depending upon chance which is usually 1 or sometimes 2 per two rounds generally) from a good murderous mace +1, with equal HP the gunner doesn't stand a chance, and one positive point of having high perception as a melee, he may dodge the bullets occasionally, so in PvP battles, as you said melees really excel. I need to get into act2 for feeling more power of it.

01-04-2014 17:27 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expo according to race

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH