Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Idea's to fix the game for ya. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Idea's to fix the game for ya. 6 Votes - Average Rating: 8.176 Votes - Average Rating: 8.176 Votes - Average Rating: 8.17
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Big Grin Idea's to fix the game for ya. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First post on the forums in many moons, Game is.. ehh, it needs help, could go all "Cpt. Hindsight" & say "i told you so", this still isnt polish server.

First of all, couple things;
Szj, think i am owed some kind of payment for all my old idea's you have added to the game? althou, there not as good as they could have been.. some kind of translation problem maybe? i say "more" you translate as "more for higher players" Tongue trolol

2nd; Love the new updates, Arena & Koth are awsome. cant wait to try out act 3 stuff. my ideas would have been better thou Big Grin

The idea's;

1stly, I read somewhere you have been doing some PR stuff? havent seen any of it myself tbh, or heard of anyone seeing it either, maybe you should do a poll with players, find out what kind of websites they visit.. get a good idea where to find people who will actully play? like-minded people and all that.

2ndly, offer some better rewards for inviting people, lets be honest, 80% of people who invite someone is only for the task in z5 (300-400pop?), and thats normally there mum or a friend who isnt going to play.
ofc, there are some who invite because they dont want the game to die. too few thou.
Personally, i think a weekly Lgo boost per active player? or some small stones? idk. normally when i offer amount, i get shot down..

3rdly, (this will get trolled, i dont care.) Auctions & prices, Higher players will call it inflation, i call it being greedy/stupid (+5 points for being polite?). Too me, it looks like orangised pushing, each time an item sells, what it's sold for is put at a min bid of the next one sold, so people have to increase the price of items.. 5-6 times, this has doubled the value of an item, and most of them are mid range merge parts. still need to buy another 5-6 items like that. no player under 1k points will spend 50ss+ on 1 mid range item, no matter how lucky they are with drops.
people can try to justify it all they like, but imo i think it will & already has scared alot of lower players off.
set some average prices & punish those who take the pee. take there item/stones.

4thly (kinda ties with 3rd) Drop rates. lower amount of players, means there are even less items around.. which, will increase there value (not as much as they are), imo pre/suf quest drop rates should be changed so they match the amount of players on a server, that way we get some items & other populated servers get what they always have; naff all unless your an absorber or have a really good quest set.

Lastly, Start getting rid of these accounts that havent logged on for years on end, can understand not wanting to get rid of higher levels.. but there are ALOT of lower levels who havent been on since 2010-11, alot of them have good items that are lost, maybe pool there resources, items & stones, and do a special arena event, random rewards.. if they come back, they get to crawl there way back to the top, lucky them, no?

Troll my idea's away if you must. i can go back to trying to add extra crazy things to the game, instead of offering idea's to fix stuff if you like? Smile

01-23-2014 00:54 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As to 1st there WERE some campaigns, not any more. They weren't too effective but I can't share any more with you as I'm not on the marketing team Wink

2nd - I'll mention it to Sushi, we'll see

3rd and 4th - we are currently discussing a bit of a revamp for the auctions system, something to do with duplicating. If it goes through you will certainly see.

5th We have a script that automatically deleted players, no one deleted them manually.

01-23-2014 21:51 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Knightroad
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm, that was a fast reply, thanks Smile

1. Will have to take your word for it. i dont really know anything about PR, i know alot of people on here are manga fans, and you always see online game adverts on those type of webs

2. Awsome Smile

3&4. i will hope it's something vastly complicated, maybe involving a random item auction duplicator... type thing? you lot love everything random Wink

5. a script? Really? is that for 1 pointers thou? current population of server is 17973, i would place money that less that 500 of them are truely active, and 10k of them havent logged on since late 2010, early 2011 (around when auctions went a bit mental)
my idea would see that atleast there items wouldent go to waste when your "script" does it's thing. guess it would take alot of work to sort that kind of thing out thou Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 01-23-2014 22:30.

01-23-2014 22:29 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
5. a script? Really? is that for 1 pointers thou? current population of server is 17973, i would place money that less that 500 of them are truely active, and 10k of them havent logged on since late 2010, early 2011 (around when auctions went a bit mental)
my idea would see that atleast there items wouldent go to waste when your "script" does it's thing. guess it would take alot of work to sort that kind of thing out thou Frown

Some quality ideas Knighty however as with the one above, how long would be an appropriate amount of time to delete the character and donate their items up for grabs? I was absent from the game for roughly 2 years but now I'm back active again so I could see how this idea might be flawed but if there's a way around this that would be nice Smile I know where you're coming from as there's people hoarding some top quality rare equip who haven't played in like 3 years! Keep the ideas coming though Smile always thought you should have been a dev Wink they missed a trick there...

01-23-2014 22:34 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

every player below 2431 has only 1 point.

so out of 17k players, only 2431 ever made it past 1 point.

I think it might be good if there was an automatic reminder email, after maybe a month or so, then after 3 months to remind people about their account, with maybe a days premium or something as an incentive for players to return?

Then if people dont come back, reply to the email or click a link to keep their account preserved, it can be safely deleted.

Or even make the algorithm more aggressive in zones 1-4, but leave zone 5 as it is?

01-23-2014 23:39 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Pops

I think it might be good if there was an automatic reminder email, after maybe a month or so, then after 3 months to remind people about their account, with maybe a days premium or something as an incentive for players to return?

Then if people dont come back, reply to the email or click a link to keep their account preserved, it can be safely deleted.

Or even make the algorithm more aggressive in zones 1-4, but leave zone 5 as it is?

not sure about a mont but there is emails to remind you after a week etc with 2 premmy days as incentive

as for deleting small players for there items etc..most of them havnt even done a quest lol

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-24-2014 02:35 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Pops

And of those 2431, only 20-25% are active Frown

a 30 day log in warning (log in or be deleted) after 3 months of inactiveity per 500 points, maybe? idk, that was just an additional idea, getting old players back & new players here (and staying!) is more important than inactives, for sure.

Biggest problems when your new imo, is you can only quest & attack, the premium you get is naff all, you'll be lucky to get to level 10 before it runs out, perosnally when i made my new char, the first thing i did was buy some premium so i could buy shotening.

reel them in more & get them hooked before you take a dump on them Wink If it was up to me, you would have premium & shortening till you hit level 20, aint like it would cost anything to the BW team. maybe in the short term, but in the long term, it can only help them.

In the time i have been gone, i have come up with alot of ideas, i will post them at some point. none of them are huge imo, but they will boost player happiness (mine for sure) & help put the game back at the top where it belongs.

01-24-2014 17:30 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

5. Deleting inactive players... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why we do that when we don't have active players, i understand when we don't have a free zones, but when we have free squares on Z3 there is no point to delete inactive players...

Second argument is - i rise my level on inactive players, without that i must be now on LVL 60 maybe less, the inactive players help low and leak players to get some experience, reputation and evolution points, otherwise the player will start killing lower players every day, and in this case your new players will leave the game

And if you say take honor from siege then you are wrong, in this case onli high LVL player and very lucky ones will have POH for expo, and again the people will leave the game...

Active players - they are ~362 - i calculate this from number of tickets that people buy from lottery... maybe someone consume all his POH, in this case they are ~400 but no more...

01-24-2014 17:47 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

i dont give a rats ass about empty squares, just siege it from them if there inactive.

I raise my level & collect PoH from inactive players aswell, but i have seen many inactives that havent been on in 3 years with items that dont go on auction very often, if at all, items which when they do go on auction, because they havent been on in so long, people bid like there's not going to be another.

As i said in my first post, no player, no matter how patient they are, will play a game where only the high levels & very very lucky can afford to buy basic things, get items back into the game before you even try to get players imo.

Personally, i have been in the same gear since level 22-24 (plus leg weps ofc) now level 58, if i dont get the basic gear i want (not even prefix & suffix gear, and not solar) before level 64-65, im off again. im all for playing the long game n' all that, but screw hitting 500+ points in bare basic gear.

Maybe im just used to the game as it used to be, before mid 2010.
I cant see any reason why so many left other than the auction prices sky rocketing.

edit 1; spelling...
edit 2; grammer..

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 01-24-2014 18:45.

01-24-2014 18:44 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

regards the auctions: I'm glad to see that the devs are working on something to help with the issues there.
One possibility (that I'm not sure if people would agree with) would be to re-assess the "Maximum Bid" for items...

Item
Good Ring of Youth (+5)
hint
Remove
Maximum price
Stone Quantity Bidding possible
Bloodstone 183
Heartstone 59
Lifestone 69
Mergestone 0
Soulstone 999
Value 503723

1000ss is an absurd max price for such a piece...

with regards the PR:
I've not seen ANY ads for Blood Wars since I started playing 5 or 6 years ago...
If the devs have been working on this could they please let us know what they were, so we can give feedback on how relevant they're "campaigns" are to their existing player base, as (in my opinion) it would be most likely that people with similar interests would be interested in joining... I dont want to be rude, but if the existing player base haven't seen any ads in years, then the PR efforts havent been very good.

01-24-2014 21:45 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
regards the auctions: I'm glad to see that the devs are working on something to help with the issues there.
One possibility (that I'm not sure if people would agree with) would be to re-assess the "Maximum Bid" for items...

Item
Good Ring of Youth (+5)
hint
Remove
Maximum price
Stone Quantity Bidding possible
Bloodstone 183
Heartstone 59
Lifestone 69
Mergestone 0
Soulstone 999
Value 503723

1000ss is an absurd max price for such a piece

It is absurd, hence no one would bid that, if they were, blatant push, ban.
A Max price on things would be unfeasible, turning items to junk auctions, you see it, if you really need it, bid implemented max price.
To cap prices in a supply and demand situation is simply pointless/retarded.

EDIT: if someone told you that you could sell your car for half the estimated value, would you sell it? You can't implement a set price, especially due to items having varying worth to different races and tattoos.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 01-24-2014 22:24.

01-24-2014 22:19 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred

At the beginning there were experiments with all items having a maximum bid, it didn't turn out ok and the current implementation is a "relic" of those times.

01-26-2014 18:39 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

I see on another auction game systems (ex. WOW) or on ebay, the maximum price can be set by owner. In this case you sell instantly the item and you don't need to wait until the auction is finish...
I don't know if this solution is good for something, but imagine when you need fast stones.. to buy something, this solution can help... you can make a fast sell of a good item...

01-27-2014 12:46 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
I see on another auction game systems (ex. WOW) or on ebay, the maximum price can be set by owner. In this case you sell instantly the item and you don't need to wait until the auction is finish...
I don't know if this solution is good for something, but imagine when you need fast stones.. to buy something, this solution can help... you can make a fast sell of a good item...

imagine thinking before posting.
Hell no, stop encouraging pushing.

01-27-2014 16:02 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Murdstone

Registration Date: 03-17-2013
Clan: A.S

Nice ideas KR... If I may add another along the public relations/newer player side of things:

Let's muzzle the trolls on global chat. I think it's possible for it to be a place where players old and new can ask questions about the game and get immediate and friendly answers. Instead we have multiple players who seem to make it their duty to antagonize new players and make them feel unwelcome...

Now I'm not calling for more heavy-handed moderation of global chat - that will just encourage some of the trolls to go into spiteful report mode. Instead, this is a suggestion for those clan and ranking leaders who have been here for years, plying their time and money into this game, to kindly suggest that some of their annoying clanmates stfu on global chat, or at least start being respectful to newer players.

Hopefully this will make the game a friendlier place that is more attractive to new players. Smile
01-29-2014 10:43 Murdstone is offline Search for Posts by Murdstone Add Murdstone to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Murdstone
Nice ideas KR... If I may add another along the public relations/newer player side of things:

Let's muzzle the trolls on global chat. I think it's possible for it to be a place where players old and new can ask questions about the game and get immediate and friendly answers. Instead we have multiple players who seem to make it their duty to antagonize new players and make them feel unwelcome...

Now I'm not calling for more heavy-handed moderation of global chat - that will just encourage some of the trolls to go into spiteful report mode. Instead, this is a suggestion for those clan and ranking leaders who have been here for years, plying their time and money into this game, to kindly suggest that some of their annoying clanmates stfu on global chat, or at least start being respectful to newer players.

Hopefully this will make the game a friendlier place that is more attractive to new players. Smile

Freedom of speech, it's not offensive so suck it up.

EDIT: great idea I just had, have an option in settings called I cry too much mode, which hides selected players from world chat.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 01-29-2014 11:13.

01-29-2014 11:06 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Murdstone

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
quote:

Sorry if I touched a nerve... Was just meant as a suggestion to improve the BW player experience. Didn't mean to call out any person in particular, we all could stand to be more welcoming to noobies. Wink

However, I see no reason to set so low a bar for our conduct as "it's not offensive". Smile
01-29-2014 11:14 Murdstone is offline Search for Posts by Murdstone Add Murdstone to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry if I touched a nerve... Was just meant as a suggestion to improve the BW player experience. Didn't mean to call out any person in particular, we all could stand to be more welcoming to noobies. Wink

However, I see no reason to set so low a bar for our conduct as "it's not offensive". Smile

Why not, offense is bannable, not offensive isn't, at least one good Samaritan replies in each example, if the person has any sense they will message their saviour personally.

01-29-2014 11:16 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Murdstone

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why not, offense is bannable, not offensive isn't, at least one good Samaritan replies in each example, if the person has any sense they will message their saviour personally.

I was actually not suggesting more moderation nor more banning (sorry if that was not clear to you from my OP). I merely suggested a more respectful environment, aided by those with the most to lose from the seemingly inevitable death of this server - those that have been here the longest.

I do appreciate your feedback though. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Murdstone: 01-29-2014 11:25.

01-29-2014 11:25 Murdstone is offline Search for Posts by Murdstone Add Murdstone to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was actually not suggesting more moderation nor more banning (sorry if that was not clear to you from my OP). I merely suggested a more respectful environment, aided by those with the most to lose from the seemingly inevitable death of this server - those that have been here the longest.

I do appreciate your feedback though. Smile

You mean those at the top end with set expo team and rotation miss out by munchkins not playing? I not sure how that works

Half the problem is trolling is fun, and people biting, be it arguing or making threads about it makes it even more fun. For example, you've kept me entertained for the last hour now, with what looks like much more fun to come still

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 01-29-2014 11:47.

01-29-2014 11:44 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Suggest a itty-bitty suggestion - if you are replying to a post directly above yours you don't have to put everything in quotes, it makes the thread quite unreadable Tongue

01-29-2014 20:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

RE: Idea's to fix the game for ya. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
2ndly, offer some better rewards for inviting people, lets be honest, 80% of people who invite someone is only for the task in z5 (300-400pop?), and thats normally there mum or a friend who isnt going to play.
ofc, there are some who invite because they dont want the game to die. too few thou.
Personally, i think a weekly Lgo boost per active player? or some small stones? idk. normally when i offer amount, i get shot down..

Now just make it that if a person you invited invites another person you get another boost. Voila, a pyramid scheme Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-30-2014 16:17 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Grizly
Lord

RE: Idea's to fix the game for ya. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Now just make it that if a person you invited invites another person you get another boost. Voila, a pyramid scheme Tongue

Agree! but the bonuses must be more that we have now - 500 blood for LVL 10? make it 10.000 blood and people

01-30-2014 16:24 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
quote:

Sure, why not?
Infact, Thats a bloody good idea... give your self a pat on the back & a warning Wink
Who would be at the top of the pyramid? Not me, im going to retire to the bahama's when i get my cheque from BW... for all my awsome idea's Wink Tongue

01-30-2014 18:04 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Idea's to fix the game for ya.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH