Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Allow a second account per player ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Allow a second account per player ? 9 Votes - Average Rating: 6.899 Votes - Average Rating: 6.89
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Allow a second account per player ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most mmorpgs allow for lots of characters with character slots etc.

And if you are afraid of pushing stones, well i think you should review your positions. It is the ability to give currency to friends and other characters that usually make games more attractive (and i do mean attractive as in attract more players).

Or put in place a system that you cannot bid on auctions of your 2nd character. In that case put other character on same account, with a character slot system. Auctions will have same account ID attached so you cannot bid on them.

I would however strongly suggest offering the possibility of transfering items between characters, for a premium cost. Maybe an account armoury, which would cost expensive, like 60 days of premium for 30 days of armoury time. With 15 item slots.
One thing which would 100% make this server more competitive and alive would be faster well equipped low levels, before they even get access to market (through account armoury system).

I am lvl 100, I start my secondary character, I can get it grown faster if I can give it a nice elvish cape, and some light daggers etc.
03-23-2014 05:19 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would agree with this in a way. For a dead server it will bring some life back maybe, more quests = more drops ( potentially )

The one thing I wouldn't agree with is trading items. But I think it's not a bad idea and something that the Devs should maybe consider.

As people who play some PL realms, am I right by saying there is a "Hardcore"
Server that you can already do this, as long as you pay premium for all accounts?
03-23-2014 08:09 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bump
03-26-2014 05:35 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Bump

bumpy bump

for this server..this would be a fantasric idea tbh...it wouldnt hurt to have more activity.
more drops..more competition for sqaures/resources....more fun

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-26-2014 11:24 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I'll put it simply - no chance at all. No matter the number of bumps

03-26-2014 20:57 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Why? Explain

03-26-2014 21:07 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Clan: SS

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
quote:

Why? Explain

yes, why?

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
03-26-2014 21:28 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
Originally posted by TwoSwords.
quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
quote:

Why? Explain

yes, why?

I think there is more than enough people if it went to a vote who would agree to it as well, but an explanation would also be nice.
03-26-2014 22:39 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

I think we'd be better off with a new server rather than being allowed 2 accounts if I'm completely honest...and if the player base isn't great enough for a new server then it won't be great enough to allow for multi-accounts

03-27-2014 11:36 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo
I think we'd be better off with a new server rather than being allowed 2 accounts if I'm completely honest...and if the player base isn't great enough for a new server then it won't be great enough to allow for multi-accounts

the whole point of allowing multi is that there isnt enough players for a new server

we have 2-300 active players on underworld. and half those players would quite rather than have to start again i think.

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-27-2014 12:31 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Because we don't want to see a situation in which two accounts work for the benefit of one of them, this is just too big an advantage over players who don't have that kind of time. If you want to have a any number of accounts per player you are most welcome to creature an account on a Hardcore realm. The only hardcore realm at the moment is available only in Polish but I guess with google translate it shouldn't be that hard Smile

03-27-2014 21:59 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

If I'm completely honest Szes I think players are more likely to quit or find a different game where the devs put more effort in, with regards to maintaining its UK population. I know that I definitely wouldn't want to have to use Google Translate the entire time but like I and many others have said numerous times if you want your revenue from the UK market to increase then you need to keep the current play base (what little that's left) happy but also put more effort and possibly more money into advertising in the UK...a new server would be a great chance to kickstart the UK population imo.

03-29-2014 11:45 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I don't think a new server is a viable option. If they amended the current UW to Hardcore it would help and they don't have to spend time / money whatever to do anything on it
03-29-2014 12:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
I don't think a new server is a viable option. If they amended the current UW to Hardcore it would help and they don't have to spend time / money whatever to do anything on it

there are few greedy ppl like me who dont spend a dime....

03-29-2014 17:30 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I was on about the Devs having to out money / time into a new server.
03-29-2014 17:49 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Put it to a vote, this will decide and show how inactive and desperate this server is

03-29-2014 18:54 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:

pls close the topic, answer was given, unnecessary for discussion. thx

npc son's name : cpu

03-29-2014 19:13 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:

Valid point...naaaaaaat

The idea thread is all about discussion, how to make things better, tweaking ideas so it could work

03-30-2014 11:33 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
AutoStraddle

Registration Date: 03-30-2014

Even though I haven't played in many years, I think this is a bad idea which would have been a good idea many years ago. Had we been allowed two accounts per player, there may have been three realms instead of only two for all of these years. Now it is too late to try to increase this server's account (not unique player) population. If the hardcore players had divided their time playing between two accounts, they probably wouldn't be so far ahead of the new (if there are any) hardcore/casual players with one account each.

I don't have a game account, only this forum account. I cannot start over in either realm because the gap is too wide, among other reasons.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AutoStraddle: 03-30-2014 18:08.

03-30-2014 18:06 AutoStraddle is offline Search for Posts by AutoStraddle Add AutoStraddle to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by AutoStraddle
Even though I haven't played in many years, I think this is a bad idea which would have been a good idea many years ago. Had we been allowed two accounts per player, there may have been three realms instead of only two for all of these years. Now it is too late to try to increase this server's account (not unique player) population. If the hardcore players had divided their time playing between two accounts, they probably wouldn't be so far ahead of the new (if there are any) hardcore/casual players with one account each.

I don't have a game account, only this forum account. I cannot start over in either realm because the gap is too wide, among other reasons.

Plenty of people have restarted on underworld and managed to catch up in rankings and gear wise to a certain extent

03-31-2014 14:06 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge

quote:
Originally posted by npc
quote:

Please shut your pie hole.

No one has ever cared for your opinion, you're a geek with an obsesive compulsive disorder and that compulsion is mainly to brown nose authority.
04-01-2014 06:52 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

and thats why i ll close the topic, thx Scourge.

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

04-01-2014 12:14 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Allow a second account per player ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH