Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make UK-r1 more active » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Make UK-r1 more active 16 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.88
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Make UK-r1 more active Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Simple solution, allow people to start a second account. I understand why you won't allow this on polish servers ah you constantly open new servers 'over there' and those new servers are very active and have a nice competitive environment.

Personally i have started account on a polish server 3-4 times, and while i can play the game, communicating with the polish is not always easy i pick up few words but 'kurwa' can only get you that far so eventually i gave up on that.

Here on uk-r1 number of active players are dwindling and i fear that the number of new players that stick around is lower than the number of old players leaving(just guessing). By allowing old players to have another account, many uk players would certainly make a second account(and maybe pay for it as well). This accomplishes several things:
- More quests get done = more items in auction
- "real" new players will have more active opponents to fight, instead of having to live in a ghost town for the first 20-50 levels
- More money in your pockets from premium
- Make it easier to invite friends to play the game as you can start a new account and play that account to be expo/kw buddy for your friend etc.

Right now i can't really think of any serious cons to this suggestion, at least not suggestions that are still valid on an old server but is very valid on a new server.

05-09-2014 12:38 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was discussed here. And came to the expected NO response from the devs.

although I would happily have a 2nd account to level and play if it were allowed I cant see them changing their mind.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-09-2014 13:15 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea, ok, been discussed before. But i don't think the argument given by Szeszej is really valid anymore.
1. Nndungu would in no way benefit from me having another account.
2. Yes, second account would greatly benefit from having special relations with Nndungu, But is this any difference to players deleting and starting new account and having me or other big vampires helping them advance faster by soloing their basilisks/xr.
3. And does it really matter if it gives any advantage any more, any race for the top spots on this server is long finished, and top 10 will not change (except the DB boys will slowly drop down) until one of us there quits.

/Anyway, in my mind the pros outweighs the con(s) by a good deal in this matter.

And Szeszej is right, game i playable in polish with google translate and with outh if you know the pre-suffixes well enough. But the social interaction with real people is not really coming natural through translation

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 05-09-2014 13:28.

05-09-2014 13:25 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: AS

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
2. Yes, second account would greatly benefit from having special relations with Nndungu, But is this any difference to players deleting and starting new account and having me or other big vampires helping them advance faster by soloing their basilisks/xr.
3. And does it really matter if it gives any advantage any more, any race for the top spots on this server is long finished, and top 10 will not change (except the DB boys will slowly drop down) until one of us there

thats actually an amazing counter argument for szeszej's reason in the other thread...
bump!

05-10-2014 05:26 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by TigerDrive
quote:
Originally posted by dooz
3. And does it really matter if it gives any advantage any more, any race for the top spots on this server is long finished, and top 10 will not change (except the DB boys will slowly drop down) until one of us there

thats actually an amazing counter argument for szeszej's reason in the other thread...
bump!

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I'll put it simply - no chance at all. No matter the number of bumps

This was the answer last time. What makes you think they are going to change?

But Szeszej this is something that REALLY needs to be considered now. Unless you are going to do some really big advertising for the Uk Servers, which i think has already been decided that its not a good investment? I think I saw that in a topic quite a while ago. The game is a slow death. Yes if people want to re-live building an account they can, by deleting and restarting. But why lose all the hard work. When you can just have +1 account.
05-10-2014 09:16 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

well, what changed. Server is becoming quieter and quieter...
I remember a long time ago, there was a list of things that would NEVER be changed, but somehow this list changed and disappeared.

I just think it's the right time to reconsider this question again...

05-11-2014 16:29 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I have to say that I cant see any good reason for the devs not to allow this on a server which they seem to have given up hope on anyway...
if there were more than a few hundred active people then I could understand their points, but even the illusion of new life in this server would count for alot at this stage

I've played on other servers, but as the recent polls confirmed (if I remember correctly) a big part of this game is the social aspect of it... It's naive to suggest that playing on a server where you dont understand the language is suppost to feel anything like when you do...

05-11-2014 17:27 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Personally I think the devs aren't willing to put money to advertise UKR1 / UKR2.

I think it will require less policing, Szezj won't have to check for dupe accounts as they will be allowed. There is also no money situation from this that would hurt the devs. They will get more from premium its only a benefit to them.

But I cannot understand why it was just dismissed so quickly.
05-11-2014 18:12 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

polish realms have a hardcore sever, so.... can we have one? or atleast some aspects in terms of rules for r1/r2?
if you'd let me have 4 accounts, i'd probably play necro, and might even accidently give you some money.

05-11-2014 21:58 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Why do you need a second account so badly? Why is it so impossible for you to play with one?

It's not a single player game.

I don't see how setting up options for letting players isolate themselves is going to help.

Actual new players will help. Advertising. A smartphone app so it's more accessible to new players.

A hardcore server will only work when every player is willing to play hardcore.
What would it add to Underworld? It's just an easy alternative to Premium for a small number of players.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
05-13-2014 00:31 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I understand how a second character helps keep the game interesting, I'm happily chugging away on Moria III and while one character is running slow I autopilot them while enjoying the other.

I honestly think shoehorning in multiaccounts will hurt.

But boredom will kill off the top players.

So what about....

Level 100 can have a second character? An unlock bonus?

It keeps the top players interested in the game but is difficult-going-on impossible to exploit.

05-13-2014 00:44 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Not a whole new server. Amend the current one.

If the devs aren't willing to advertise for UK. This is a perfect answer to start with.
05-13-2014 00:54 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I've spoken with Sushi about it and he said that we can consider it, but we cannot promise anything.

Soon you'll have global arenas to compete with servers other than UK so that might liven up the server a bit Wink

05-15-2014 20:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Great to hear. Look forward to the decision.
05-15-2014 21:04 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
I've spoken with Sushi about it and he said that we can consider it, but we cannot promise anything.

Soon you'll have global arenas to compete with servers other than UK so that might liven up the server a bit Wink

Or cause a mass exodus?

05-16-2014 00:07 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:

I doubt global arenas will liven the UK server up tbh seeing as it's pretty dead already and being beaten by Polish clans isn't really going to be that attractive as a preposition...new server or 2 accounts would help ALOT more...preferably new server...not sure if we've suggested that already or not Wink

05-16-2014 00:25 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I don't think a new server would help. Personally. I don't think it would bring the return the devs would hope for.
05-16-2014 08:05 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

2 chars per acc seem fine
that way devs can count no. of "real" players

05-16-2014 20:04 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

I think it's a great idea, dooz, but im not really sure what it will fix in the long run? there will still only be a few hundred players playing the game, quite alot of whom (from what i see/hear) dont bother with prem anymore because the game is so dead. so i doubt it will make much more money for the BW team... will a second char make them buy prem on both?
Gotta think about the fact people will still get junk drops over & over & over, but will get it twice as much.

100% agree that more items on auction will help, noobs cant really get any gear, but what if your new char drops Arachnid ring of levi? can you honestly put your hand on your heart & say you wouldent put it on auction and try buy it with your main char? im pretty sure it would be classed as pushing.
If there was a way to stop people pushing items from char to char, it'll be awesome.

Lol @ Expo/koth's, you should try asking some lower players to give you some links of there attempts at them without help from higher level players. koth especially. the exact same problem you have with market.. mobs are OP for the level range it gives.

Perosnally, i no longer have any will power to post new idea's, no matter how many are stuck inside my head waiting to burst out & make a mess of the forums.. only so many times you can spit in someones face before they lose all hope & throw there hands up and say "hey, screw it, let it burn"

~

on a sort of side note, i dont mean to rant/flame or anything; I'm afraid any attempt to fix the server is a pipe dream. too little to late.
There are so many reasons why the game is were it is now,

You could blame the slow development of the game (like adding new content, or waiting for patches) i remember waiting almost half a year for Act 2 patch, and when it came it was a buzz for a day or 2, but the existing problems were still there. BW team work as fast as they can im sure.. but people are fickle.

You could also blame the patches that lacked... Interoperability? I dont know what fancy word to use, They wernt for us anyways, they were expolits that the polish servers were using & we got shafted for. expolits that still exist, but require a few extra mins for them to prepare for.

For me, the game really went down hill with the anti merc patch, i loved jumping from clan to clan to hit people with my big stick, even when i posted the idea of clans having the ability loaning players out for siege's, it was pretty much thrown back in my face.

You could blame new games on the market, when a big console game comes out your always going to lose players, ever game does, there is nothing you or the BW team can really do about it. other than hope when they get bored of it, they might crawl back..

I could list problems for people to blame all day, but it would do no good.
whats happened has happened and couldent have happened any other way.

The thing that worries me the most, is when the server becomes to costly to keep running. and they have no choice but to close it down. i love playing blood wars..

Sorry if it seems like a rant or something, it's not, the game is great & that's why we are all still here/keep coming back, holding out our hands wanting more...
even if we are banging our heads against a crumbling wall Wink

Long winded as usual...

On a side-side note;
Global arena's wont fix the game, dont get me wrong, it'll be fun.. see'in BoS & DB get pwned in 1 round will bring an almighty spring in my step & a trololol song in my heart.. because that's what will happen, peoples gear on this server sucks compaired to there's, only 1-2% of the few hundred players left have any chance against there top 500 players.
So yeah, it'll be great.. for them.
That was a mini rant btw ^

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 05-17-2014 03:06.

05-17-2014 03:00 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Yue

Registration Date: 11-04-2014
Clan: HLL

Any follow up on this? The Underworld server still seems to be drying up, even 6 months later and with New Arenas implemented. To me it would just make sense to try and milk some more $$$ out of the few people that still play here...
11-29-2014 14:50 Yue is offline Search for Posts by Yue Add Yue to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

this server died because we dont siege anymore

its not the game its the majority of the players

you shouldnt own a square, its not "yours"

last time i truely enjoyed this game was when i was switching clans going to help in a number of sieges!
11-30-2014 15:23 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Pissedoffhyperion
this server died because we dont siege anymore

its not the game its the majority of the players

you shouldnt own a square, its not "yours"

last time i truely enjoyed this game was when i was switching clans going to help in a number of sieges!

You're on crack. No amount of sieges fixes a lack of updates or support in a dead end game.

11-30-2014 23:38 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

the devs should make that when a server falls below a certain lvl that better drops active to try and entice old players to play again and maybe attract players from other servers to come over.

would also help keep the current players going.

also make expo mobs drop better loot that would also help matters. since the gear you need end game is nigh on impossible to get when server is dying.it
12-05-2014 05:45 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

I have invested 6 years of my life in this game, I don't know whether a second account would help tbh.

However, I do think that more cross server events (like the new Arenas when they finally come out) or even a Global Rankings/attack list... I would love to be able to attack someone in another server, would be awesome!

Or even (and I know the prices will jump) a global Auction for the server types...

A second account... why would I be anything other than an Absorber... although, a Collector Absorber would have massive luck...

12-05-2014 09:57 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

quote:
Originally posted by dtr

Or even (and I know the prices will jump) a global Auction for the server types...

Actually the price will rather be balanced in my opinion. As per the demand and supply rule any dying server would experience highly inflated price hike on any auction item. But when there will be a global market possibly the inflation rate will drop down because of abundance of items, at least the items that are not very end game-ish.
There's another possibility of less push or pulls if the auctions are globalised.

Yeah I know there are some predefined rules about the auctions in the servers with less population, but just for experiment, I think the devs can run it for a week or so to see the effect on the servers.

Last but not the least, most of the servers serve different timezones so usually there are some hours when the auctions are over active and there are also some idle hours when there are no item to buy actually, globalised auction can make that up.

12-05-2014 15:25 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I wouldn't call the game dead anymore.

Scroll through the patch notes (like I just did for unrelated stupidity issues) and you see a fair amount of tweaks and additions.

The main way to improve the game is to increase the playerbase.

This game is a LOT more accessible for new players now. I blitzed through the early stages of the game (then hit a wall because I wanted to make a Demon Lord with out realising how long that would take before it started panning out properly).

If the devs are going to be spending time coding anything then I want to see a smartphone app!

12-06-2014 19:03 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Bones

Registration Date: 11-07-2014
Clan: Bos

They will never let this happen, but it's a great idea.

The advantages is they would get more money from a second account,

But then they would have to ammend there own rules as people would 2 accounts

Would want to trade items, or even if they still had 2 accounts with a strictly no

Trade between them rule, they couldn't monitor that many accounts and would be

Bad for them.

I'd personally like another account to get the underworld more active again,

There's less and less patch implementations taking place and the updates were

Promised months ago were still waiting for, the top players are getting bored so

You have nothing to lose with letting people have a 2nd account

Cheers

Bones
12-07-2014 02:06 Bones is offline Search for Posts by Bones Add Bones to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

OK, there's been an update on this issue. We are seriously thinking about allowing multiple accounts per person on servers WITHOUT direct trade. What are your thoughts?

12-11-2014 14:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: [BoS]

Just curious if by "direct trade" you are refering to Necro type servers?
Or does that include Auctions too, as auctions do give a chance for others to bid and overpriced items are liable to be reported, making passing items between accounts far more fair as they have to abide by standard auction rules...

But either way I think this would liven things up quite a bit.

12-11-2014 14:47 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thank you for listening Smile I'd like the chance to have secondary account.

12-11-2014 16:06 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Auctions are not direct trading.

12-11-2014 16:30 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I assume this would only work in your favour for letting people have a second account.

The only thing I would ask is ;

Can accounts attack each other?
Can they bid on items sold from the other account?
Can the accounts be in the same clan?

I know some games that you can do a few of the above, but then some that when you have a second account you can do NOTHING to do with it etc
12-11-2014 16:39 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009

quote:
OK, there's been an update on this issue. We are seriously thinking about allowing multiple accounts per person on servers WITHOUT direct trade. What are your thoughts?

When you say "multiple", will you be stopping at just 1 extra account?
12-11-2014 16:56 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Great idea, vouch for it

12-11-2014 17:06 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
adana

Registration Date: 03-05-2009

great idea. give ppl 1 extra account and see what happens, i do not expect an apocalypse, and unfair auctions (push/pull) will get reported as always, so whats the catch? Tongue

TRY IT!
12-11-2014 18:57 adana is offline Search for Posts by adana Add adana to your Buddy List
Bones

Registration Date: 11-07-2014
Clan: Bos

Sounds good. More activities to do on both sides here.
12-11-2014 20:07 Bones is offline Search for Posts by Bones Add Bones to your Buddy List
Yue

Registration Date: 11-04-2014
Clan: HLL

Good move devs.
12-12-2014 01:53 Yue is offline Search for Posts by Yue Add Yue to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Some suggestions that MAY help...

If these are expressly linked accounts, could you block bidding on items from linked accounts?

Could you stop linked accounts from being in the same Clan?

Item pushing and power playing are the two biggest issues with the idea and this would stop both of them while letting people who genuinely want extra characters (and not secondary "mule" accounts to abuse) enjoy the game.

12-12-2014 02:22 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Some suggestions that MAY help...

If these are expressly linked accounts, could you block bidding on items from linked accounts?

Could you stop linked accounts from being in the same Clan?

Item pushing and power playing are the two biggest issues with the idea and this would stop both of them while letting people who genuinely want extra characters (and not secondary "mule" accounts to abuse) enjoy the game.

but with pushing only if prices are cheaper etc

it is an auction system..so no matter ifyou want to sell an item to your alt account your still going up agasint other players

aslong as the price is considered "normel" market price at the time i dont see any problem with buying item from 1 account to the next.

as for power playing..does not happen already anyway ?

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 12-12-2014 02:47.

12-12-2014 02:46 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

I don't understand... what is power playing?

And pushing/pulling is covered by the rules already. No reason to have any restrictions beside the existing ones. If you are blatantly overpaying for auctions you will be reported and punished.

And there is no such thing as "normal" market price, "normal" is whatever people are willing to pay at the moment. And if those people are actually online when auction ends obviously.
You can't sell to cheap, and if you sell to expensive it will most likely get caught

12-12-2014 08:23 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make UK-r1 more active

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH