Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Bloodwars App » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bloodwars App 10 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.8010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.80
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DeZZaMai

Registration Date: 09-14-2012
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: LGN

Bloodwars App Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any chance of Devs creating an app for us to play bw will be an easier way to access server shouldn't be too hard to create

02-14-2014 15:58 DeZZaMai is offline Search for Posts by DeZZaMai Add DeZZaMai to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: SS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BW want to create something like that but after this patch which is created (beta server).. This is only what I know for now Smile

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
02-14-2014 16:09 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure I've told Szej in the past if they develop a BW App for iPhone to start with you will seen an increase as thats how most people play games now days. They HAVE to move with the times..

I'm sure it was on the roadmap for 2014.
02-14-2014 22:02 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
TwoSwords.
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: SS

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
...BW App for iPhone...

Not only for iPhone but for all smartphones...

I buy: Legendary Perfect Titanium/Arachnid Ring/ Bracelet of Levitation/ Youth
02-15-2014 11:28 TwoSwords. is offline Search for Posts by TwoSwords. Add TwoSwords. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I also said to start with.. It's easier to concentrate on one operating system than trying to do all smart phones at once.
02-15-2014 12:36 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I will be all over that if/when it hits.

Android, btw, if the unwashed masses get to go ahead of the iPod-people Wink

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
02-16-2014 00:59 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

Advertising on other games about the app will probably increase player base

02-16-2014 17:25 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

not really

ppl dont want to play bw on destop when they have 3d games they can play

a bw app would surly be the best way to increase player base

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-16-2014 21:13 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

hurry up and make a bw app
03-04-2014 15:37 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

To add a few words after Flash, I must say there are some vampire and post apocalyptic games for android OS. Mentioning their names might get me a warning but I hope most of you have heard about them, and if I'm not very forgetful, I saw a game in the name of blood war too, what an irony!

Those games, although popular, but neither they have the depth of BW nor have the long-playing charm that this game offers. They mostly offer quick achievements to get overwhelmed for a few days and after then folks lose interest and stop playing.

BW is just reverse, hard to start with and as you go on deeper it becomes easier. So the devs should keep this point in their mind if they develop the app. The rules of the gameplay can not be changed so they may add features like added premium of 1 day on the 15th day of consecutive login etc. so that they keep coming back daily.

BTW I think to keep up with time the app should also have attractive visuals and catchy theme. With ad sponsors in-game, it would not be hard to get the money back for the development. Devs we're all waiting for it please grant our this request fast.

03-04-2014 16:39 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

i hope to get a reply...
we will all shut up then Big Grin

but make the app on android first... i use android >_>

03-05-2014 12:25 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

no needs to be made for an iphone first Wink
03-05-2014 16:48 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Pissedoffhyperion

Agree! most people use android, and for android is very easy to make an app Wink

07-03-2014 19:06 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I think you will find yourself wrong there as ever..

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
quote:
Originally posted by Pissedoffhyperion

Agree! most people use android, and for android is very easy to make an app Wink

You agreed to something then didn't read it as Tigerdrive said it needs to be made for Android.. Then Hyperion said no it needs to be made for iPhone.. And you come strolling in saying I agree.. It needs to be Android..

Which ever they make it for first is irrelevant as they need to make it for both. As ever this stupid competition for iOS & Android continues, but if you do some research you will start to notice that iOS & Android are not far off being similar amounts of market share..

The BW Dev team cannot make one without the other to isolate one type of market, if anything they should be made together & released together. This way they can find out what doesn't work, what does & what needs to be amended on one type of OS to make sure they are both optimised.
07-03-2014 19:15 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Playing bw on phone/ipad browser is good enough. It's a text based browser with literally zero graphics except images you can deactivate and that have no impact on the game.

Browsing text and php functions in recent phone/tablet works well enough.

And if it doesnt work well on your phone, it probably means your phone is too old and an app would be lost on it anyway.

Apps are made to adapt resource intensive or function intensive games/programs/websites and make them more available to handheld devices.

Regarding bloodwars, it makes absolutely no sense.

Its a waste of time and resources for the deva which they would otherwise spend on developing the actual game, working on new features AND spending the app development costs in marketing and advertising to attract new players to the game.
07-03-2014 19:54 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

not the point levi......an app would get god knows how many people just looking for something to download, people who are never going to know about it otherwise and have absolutely no intention of using their browser to play.
07-03-2014 20:09 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Playing bw on phone/ipad browser is good enough. It's a text based browser with literally zero graphics except images you can deactivate and that have no impact on the game.

Browsing text and php functions in recent phone/tablet works well enough.

And if it doesnt work well on your phone, it probably means your phone is too old and an app would be lost on it anyway.

Apps are made to adapt resource intensive or function intensive games/programs/websites and make them more available to handheld devices.

Regarding bloodwars, it makes absolutely no sense.

Its a waste of time and resources for the deva which they would otherwise spend on developing the actual game, working on new features AND spending the app development costs in marketing and advertising to attract new players to the game.

While I agree it's not THE most useful way to spend their time, the thing I'm thinking of is advertising. As we all know any old game can be put for example on the iOS App Store. This gives an unlimited amount of free advertising based on a game that you can download and connect direct to the server, in an App.

They have said multiple times that advertising isn't cost effective for them for the UK market, so making an App for free advertising has to be better than nothing.
07-03-2014 20:28 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge

I have a 4.3 " smartphone, so i am not complain about how my phone work... i hate to zoom every time i reload a page, and i don't like when i need to scroll 7 pages to see the result, same for menu (need to zoom it to access a concrete link)

i gues if we will have an app the this app will have a simplified log a reduced horizontal size and a menu scrolling from left top, like on app store, you don't see the menu all time only when you need them...

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
You agreed to something then didn't read...

why? there is no "," after "no"...
"no, needs to be made for an iphone first" and "no needs to be made for an iphone first" for me are absolutely 2 different things

07-03-2014 21:38 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

its time for BW to step out of dark ages and get into modern era, get the damn app done please!

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

07-16-2014 09:42 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Bloodwars App

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH