Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fall Ranged Patch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fall Ranged Patch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Fall Ranged Patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any chance we can get some word on the work in progress?

We might be able to come up with some valid points in between the inevitable tears and tantrums :p

In all seriousness we might be able to provide feedback on something big and controversial like the radical Black Knight change that had to be reverted.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-03-2014 23:56 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

RE: Fall Ranged Patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc

In all seriousness we might be able to provide feedback on something big and controversial like the radical Black Knight change that had to be reverted.

Sigh . . . Wish they revert it back soon. All the black knights were expecting more hits per round that was provided to other tats, and what they got was to cut their main strength, critical hit. Okay if they want to retain it as is, then please add a new ability like fury at level five. That may compensate the nerf.

10-04-2014 14:11 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a Black Knight on this server, we still hit plenty hard enough.

The 10% nerf distinguishes BK from Berzerker (although I wouldn't mind reverting and giving them a 10% crit damage boost instead).

10-05-2014 01:50 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All i know is ranged needs a buff to remain competetive. Most of the decent ranged users on this server have good enchants, those of us without stuggle like hell to keep up.

10-05-2014 12:10 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I'm enjoying my Polish Demon Lord, but freakin heck it's difficult to use O.o

Got a pile of levels to go before it'll be effective enough for me to call it "good".

But when you've only got one, maybe two, usable affixes you're already in trouble without the low number of usable weapon types and Legendary having a huge drawback to get over.

The devs need to identify what they want each ranged weapon to do and then give it a push. While they're difficult to use early and have lategame power issues there ARE successful niche builds out there.

10-06-2014 00:25 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

To clarify:

Heavy Crossbow is good for expeditions and "tank busting", but balancing hit, damage boosts, and crit boosts is tough until you can compensate with evolutions (REALLY looking forwards to Venom evo on Moria III).

Throwing Knives and Axes can make awesome Ambush builds, the hit boosting patch for Light Ranged combined with having a built in power boost at high levels makes them effective.

Shuriken builds can really shine in seige/KotH by spraying damage all over the place sweeping low health opponents where a big crit would be a waste.

Crossbows and Composite Bows are neeaarly good Ambush weapons, but need something like additional attacks to push them into usable territory compared to the others.

Everything else is garbage for merging with :|

10-06-2014 00:36 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

yeah, seems like there wasnt alot of thought put into ranged setups.
there's no point in having vengeance if there's not even one tattoo that can utilise it, and although I'd like to go back to playing as a demon lord, I have enough trouble getting a decent crit rate with leg weapons as a hunter :/

I'd love to see what the devs have in mind for us, cause if it's not gonna be a decent adjustment, it might be the final straw that breaks my interest in this game... and I dont want that!

10-06-2014 13:42 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

You can't go Speed! I'm running out of active people worth ambushing as it is :p

I have a Heavy Crossbow of Reaction with my Polish Demon Lord. It is a thing of beauty and I highly recommend it if you can merge that sucker up.

But I've had the sinking feeling for a while now I'm not really going to start being an effective Demon Lord until I get up to about level 90 (currently 77 on Moria III) O.o

I've been pretty happy with the latest additions on the whole. I have a feeling this'll be a good one too, and the devs will get me paying premium for my second character again Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by theheraldofogc: 10-06-2014 15:15.

10-06-2014 15:14 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

well, I'm not going anywhere yet. I've got to take you down first Tongue
I used to have a Heavy xbow, but it wasnt proving so usefull to me as I didn't have enough attacks with it, so used it to make a Throwing Axe. Gonna try to make another one though...

I have a Demon Lord char on French Moria II (but seeing as my french is crap I havent been active there in awhile) and I find I'm better off with my Leg shotgun rather than a ranged weapon, which is a bit of a joke really (I'm too low a level to use heavy xbow at a useful lvl yet...),

yeah, I've got high hopes for the changes, but we'll have to wait and see...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 10-06-2014 15:57.

10-06-2014 15:49 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Patience Smile

10-07-2014 14:16 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Patience Smile

Been waiting years for a ranged rebalance Szeszej, how much more patience can I be expected to have Tongue
any idea when we might hear some details at least?

10-07-2014 17:11 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

As I have the patience of a hummingbird with ADHD, and one of my Berzerker suggestions appeared to have been adapted (which means I either had a good idea, or else was on the right wavelength, means this may not be a total waste of time).

BASE WEAPONS

Short Bow/Bow/Long Bow/Composite Bow
Bonus to initiative, bonus to crit, maybe an extra attack or two.

Shuriken
Pretty much right, but bonus initiative would be a nice touch.

Javelin/Pilum
Needs a damage boost, hopefully crit, and Punishment effect at Perfect+ for "pinning" the enemy. (Hunters should be leaning more towards Light Ranged anyway, giving Collectors and Demon Lords a reason to use these Heavies).

Throwing Knife/Axe
Pretty much right. If devs are feeling generous, possibly unlock the damage bonus earlier and/or getting an Initiative boost.

Crossbow
It needs more attacks...

Heavy Crossbow
Again, pretty much right. Maybe bring its late bonus attack up to Perfect and stick a final bonus attack at P+5.

SUFFIXES

Reaction
The only reason anyone plays Ranged at all. Doesn't need anything.

Dryad
Kind of fine... Suffers for not having a crit boost but it still has a use. If Legendary is being changed to drop the damage boost and fo something else, moving the boost to here would be interesting.

Perfection
Give it a significant critical and hit boost, make Perfection worth such a cool name!

Precision
Hit boost, and a flat damage boost worth having.

Long Range
Big initiative boost, a Perception boost, and a dodge boost. You're supposed to be fighting at Long Range <.<

Wolf
Boost Toughness, and end of round regeneration! Start at nothing, then start unlocking scaled to level health (10 for every 10 character levels, up to 50 for every 10 character levels at P+5).

Vengeance
The Berzerker final attack. Unlock Breathe of Death Arcana at Perfect for a BP reduction? (That one's weird, but cool)

Fire Rate
More attacks. Seriously, this needs to be awesome. Give it two bands, one for Heavy and one for Light (light needs more, and heavy would scale too well).

10-07-2014 20:20 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Fall Ranged Patch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH