Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Change of race » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Change of race 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Yowie

Registration Date: 01-08-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Change of race Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know it was asked before but i ask again. Is there a still valid reason why we dont have option to change a race? If we consider following:
- We have available only one english server with one character per person (1 UW and 1 Necro)
- To change a race people would need to delete and start over which takes a lot of time, year and more...
- When people are starting they have no clue about game mechanics and capabilities of races (at least i didnt and i doubt much other player had)
- Some races were changed throughout the game (like SB or majesty) and people had no chance to react to them

Yes we can change to CO but that one is guns specific..

So why dont we get option to change races like we can change tattoos? It could be premium limited, time limited like change max once in 6 months or so or also pay some reasonable amount of stones for it... It would be nice option for people who are getting bored but dont want to start over, so they could change beside tattoo race too.

Can you consider this?

P.S. if change of race would be bad idea why not at least allow to change back from CO to original race user was before turning to CO?

10-19-2014 14:34 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice thought Yowie, but I don't think they'll ever allow us of it, you know why? The answer is $$$!!!
It takes at least a few months to properly understand any race for any beginner . During these days he uses a lot of premium options to cut down his premium balance and accordingly he tops it up again for using the features again so more money in their pocket. Moreover the tat change option is available for us so someone dissatisfied with his race tries to change tat for anything better and finally he gives up and restarts his career. Again they get that money in their bank when he starts off from zero. When he comes back to where he. had restarted possibly by then he has paid for one year of premium or so.
Now if they allow to change the race, certainly they won't be able to put such a high price for changing race so they won't simply allow us.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by souvik: 10-19-2014 19:50.

10-19-2014 17:10 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think most people would like to see this.

I personally would love to be able to change back Frown

Cursed one is so heavily geared towards guns in the same way that beastmaster is geared towards melee.

10-19-2014 18:00 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I also think it would be an idea appreciated by most :p

Same cost as tattoo's in premium, 60 days.
10-19-2014 18:34 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Should be allowed for accounts created before act 2 was implemented

10-20-2014 09:07 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Should be allowed for accounts created before act 2 was implemented

Lol Dooz why are you being so selfish Big Grin

10-20-2014 13:40 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Well, if race changes were allowed in general, people could simply be cultist until act 2, and then switch to absorber or tc after act 2. I don't think change of race should be used like that.

/EDIT:
No actually. Players should be allowed to change race each time races or their arcana is changed

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 10-20-2014 14:47.

10-20-2014 14:44 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Yowie

Registration Date: 01-08-2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Yowie

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Well, if race changes were allowed in general, people could simply be cultist until act 2, and then switch to absorber or tc after act 2. I don't think change of race should be used like that.

That would mean that some races are better than other, and i dont think they are but that is for another discussion. Changing could be limited also by lvl and there could be some significant charge of stones to not make it too easy...
(In any case if mass turning to absorbers or TC happens that would at least be a real reason for balancing races...)

Idea is that if somebody can change the tattoo why not also a race since some races are limited to some specific weapons. Like if somebody is CO he has a really big disadvantage if he chooses to try melee. Same with BM and guns/ranged.

10-23-2014 17:33 Yowie is offline Search for Posts by Yowie Add Yowie to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Yowie

That would mean that some races are better than other, and i dont think they are but that is for another discussion. Changing could be limited also by lvl and there could be some significant charge of stones to not make it too easy...
(In any case if mass turning to absorbers or TC happens that would at least be a real reason for balancing races...)

Well, maybe you don't think some races are better than others, but it's a fact that most people do. Look at the newest moria server r17. In top 50 we have

26 thoughtcatchers
8 Cursed one
7 absorbers
6 Beastmaster
3 Cultist

Pretty good indication of what the best players on a new server think is the most opportune race to be playing

10-27-2014 08:40 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

personally i think a new underworld server is best way forward
10-29-2014 16:00 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Change of race

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH