Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only) 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Angry absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be honest , abosorbers really get too much undue advantage over any other given tattoo. I'm explaining it below how this does put them ahead of the rest in every possible occurance:

1> From the very first beginning, they get 5% easyness bonus. So starting from zero while a player has to wait to reach level N and other stats accordingly, an absorber gets them always (N-N/20)th level and so about the other stats. May be at lower levels it doesn't matter that much, but at higher level hell yeah it does. It makes a huge difference especially while upgrading any square. Non-absorbers nod please !

2> Nothing special about the 10% HP and BP boost but well they depend heavily on their BP so boosting it more is nothing but overpowering them, I mean 10% boost in BP is not a negligible amount especially at higher level with blood gears.

3> Now lets have a look at their arcana specialization , just copy paste as follows :
"Arcana specialization: Bloodmagic
Silence of blood
Blocks effect of enemy's arcana, cost 15 blood points
Absorb power
Absorbs enemy's arcana, cost 30 blood points
Act 2: Power of Blood
+2 luck, +0,75% chance for critical hit per level, costs 25 blood points"

Man!!! they can block Horror or shadow of the beast for 15 BP only that costs the victim to waste 225 BP !!! Moreover, they can use it to their own aid against them for only 30 BP !!! How funny !!! My point is, if majesty can be beheaded, why should bloodmagic be spared?

another matter of fact, Power of Blood offers luck, and luck affects every possibility that can be thought of in BW, not to mention about the extra crit chance. It really is ridiculous when a gunner with 80 agility sniper dodges a 200 agility black knight on every alternative hit . Can this thread be enlightened by some long time experienced players please? Because as long as my vision is concerned, I find BW UK server infested with absorbers who mostly have restarted as absorbers because they felt the extra advantages.

Thanks for reading. Your views please.

Edit: Any mods please feel free to relocate this thread if it has been misposted :-)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by souvik: 12-19-2014 08:09.

12-19-2014 07:47 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We can leave it here, seems a good place for this discussion.

Personally, i believe absorber is awesome up to a certain point, but after level 115 the easiness counts for nothing.

In terms of crit chance, they are limited to 85% just the same as everyone else. If you have 85% then i suppose other tattoos become more viable.

Other arcana makes just as much if not bigger difference imo. Majesty gets a massive hp boost, cultists damage goes up as they take damage and have REGEN which can be very strong.

Even cursed arcana is strong. Its not unknown for expo/koth/seige damage to double when hp drops. Not to mention the 30 to hit bonus. Not to be under estimated.

Bestmaster extra damage and extra attack is powerful for sure, but all need a player to build their character around the strengths of their race.

Tattoo and race bonuses stack, so take advantage of it.

12-19-2014 11:21 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh, wow... Wait until certain crynaby Absorbers see this ;p

Ever race is good in different areas. Absorber is arguably the best in a widest range of areas (good for ambush, arena, siege, and quest), but they still typically struggle in Expeditions and KotH.

Not every race is good at every thing.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-19-2014 11:46 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

You forget to mention that absorbers can make better quest gear at much lower effort. Shaman is much simpler than runic, and even gives int and know as set bonus.

12-22-2014 11:17 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

This thread ... just ...

no ...
12-22-2014 12:50 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

Wow, didn't we have this before? All races have positives and negatives, Absorber is great for quests/ PvP etc, but weak in Expos/KotH's etc.

And Absorbers are the only race that LOSE a racial bonus (at lvl115, the 5% easiness basically doesn't exist).

So before you go bringing up an old complaint, do your research...

12-23-2014 12:35 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Added to that the fact that the easiness evo is kind of lost on absorbers ...
12-23-2014 12:37 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

RE: absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by souvik
To be honest , abosorbers really get too much undue advantage over any other given tattoo. I'm explaining it below how this does put them ahead of the rest in every possible occurance:

1> From the very first beginning, they get 5% easyness bonus. So starting from zero while a player has to wait to reach level N and other stats accordingly, an absorber gets them always (N-N/20)th level and so about the other stats. May be at lower levels it doesn't matter that much, but at higher level hell yeah it does. It makes a huge difference especially while upgrading any square. Non-absorbers nod please !

2> Nothing special about the 10% HP and BP boost but well they depend heavily on their BP so boosting it more is nothing but overpowering them, I mean 10% boost in BP is not a negligible amount especially at higher level with blood gears.

3> Now lets have a look at their arcana specialization , just copy paste as follows :
Silence of blood
Absorb power

Edit: Any mods please feel free to relocate this thread if it has been misposted :-)

Point 1: As said before, we lose this bonus, so quit complaining about nothing

Point 2: So we have 10% blood boost... wow.

Point 3: Seriously, what were you smoking when you wrote this? o.O Complaining about our ability to absorb our opponents arcana is as much use as we absorbers complaining about not being able to use SILENCE OF BLOOD AND POWER OF BLOOD IN EXPO'S AND KOTH'S! Can you use your arcana in expos? Yes? Then shut up complaining...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dtr: 12-23-2014 12:47.

12-23-2014 12:42 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

ypu forget the +10% hp too.
And the devs are fully aware that races are not balanced in any way. When they start new servers it's no coincidence that 95% start as TC or absorbers

12-23-2014 13:56 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dooz

Dammit, knew I forgot something lol

12-23-2014 14:02 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

that being said power of blood is literally the worst arcana out there.

who wants crib chance and luck, it's bloody useless.
12-23-2014 14:39 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
that being said power of blood is literally the worst arcana out there.

who wants crib chance and luck, it's bloody useless.

I know... worst Arcana out there...

12-23-2014 14:44 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by souvik

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
And the devs are fully aware that races are not balanced in any way. When they start new servers it's no coincidence that 95% start as TC or absorbers

One comment from the wisest clears out the fog doesn't it? traits of races have been changed throughout the history of BW so my point is to rethink about the present condition.
lol seeing the comment they can't use their arcana in Expo/ Koths, looks like TCs can use the mask of adonis and mask of caligula to some great extent !!! On the contrary, One TC gets added damage per hit using majesty and one Absorber gets added crit and dodges/ chance to hit so IMO with similar gear TC won't be able to relish their arcana higher than absorber.
As it has been said, after level 115 easiness doesn't help. But quite curious, how many player in the entire BW universe has actually crossed that milestone to feel sorry for that easiness? Forgive my ignorance if any but to the best of my knowledge there will possibly be only a very few non leg P+5 extremely end game gears that a player past 115 won't be able to wear. TBH at that level any player would more be worried about their scarce expo mobs than anything else but that's a separate topic and we can discuss about it elsewhere Smile
Unlike the other races, namely Beastmaster, Cultist and Cursed One's, TC and Absorbers are rather kind of free to choose any type of weapon they like. You won't see any standard beastmaster gunner or cursed melee but ... you know . So before starting to quarrel over the matter that one special race get to use their arcana better in Koth etc, think again. If a melee Cursed uses NoH or BoD in Expo, will he ever get better advantages than an AbsorberConfused Note: I mentioned only UW realm, but may be necro mates can speak about it too)
Kinda same like tat discussion, every person starts nagging when it comes to nerfing out their undue racial traits. But sooner or later you'll see it coming. If I hadn't started this thread, some one else would have done it for sure. I found a remark where it was claimed that such questions have arrived before . Well, I must tell you I did search before starting a thread and I found nothing as such. Any claimant may mention the link please if it exists and I missed somehow.
I would like to ask for something that possibly may change these arguments. You see this race is noted for two reasons viz leeching arcana and high luck. Not to mention in PvP Arcana-leeching definitely changes the momentum of the fight. So why not make it even by equalizing the BP distribution? I mean, to suck up any arcana of the opponent, the Absorber must use the same (or higher) amount of BP. Example, to STOP Horror, the Absorber must use 225/15 = 15 level (minimum) of Silence of Blood, and to USE it against them he must have at least 225/30 = 7.5 i.e 8 level of Absorb Power.
TBH I don't see anything wrong with the crit chance but the luck part is something for a rethink. Luck independently influences ALMOST every possibilities in this game and if you are not gifted with luck bonus with the race ( or tat) you can't really make the most of it. The main reason for my grievance is that Luck can not be trained and the items that offer luck usually comes with poor effects . In such a stand still, offering extra luck to only one race is partiality IMO. Devs should either reduce the scope of luck or provide some hard-earned but achievable luck factor for the non Absorbers too.

12-23-2014 15:50 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I'd pay more attention to your signature, especially the first part.
12-23-2014 15:54 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Dude, really?

Can you name 1 other race that lose their Racial Bonus? No? Me neither.

You are complaining about our Arcana too - why? So we Absorbers lose our 5% Easiness bonus - and if you've seen the new Evo, pretty pointless to us! - but we have Power of Blood to make up for it right? WRONG. We lose our easiness, and apart from Quests, when do you ever see an absorber using PoB? I'll tell you: Week before NEVER.

Before you sit and complain about something you obviously know next to nothing about, do some research.

All races have positives and negatives mate, you just need to figure them out for yourself, and stop complaining about everything.

Absorbers start strong yes, but by the end-game, we are over taken by the other races. Stop complaining, man up, and play the damn game.

12-23-2014 16:07 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I went Thoughcatcher with my second character, because I knew it would be awesome later.

You know what I found?

It was balls early!

Only complaint I have about races is, since we have no idea what we're going in for, could we do one of the following?

Start new players as a Vampire Initiate with no Racial bonuses, and one of each main 4 Arcana, then ask players to choose a race at level 10.

Or, at each Act, give people the chance to change to any race.

Give people either a way to make an informed choice, or a way to change their mind.

12-23-2014 16:59 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
I went Thoughcatcher with my second character, because I knew it would be awesome later.

You know what I found?

It was balls early!

Only complaint I have about races is, since we have no idea what we're going in for, could we do one of the following?

Start new players as a Vampire Initiate with no Racial bonuses, and one of each main 4 Arcana, then ask players to choose a race at level 10.

Or, at each Act, give people the chance to change to any race.

Give people either a way to make an informed choice, or a way to change their mind.

I wish there were such an option !!! It's a strong " no no " from the devs. But that would have given us ( or rather the greenhorns ) a lot more choice to settle down before it's too late. Frankly, whenever one starts the game he knows absolutely nothing about the game and consider if someone willing to go gunner starts as Beastmaster keeping in mind their HP bonus and Toughness arcana... his career is doomed and he won't find it until a good amount of time and premium has been wasted.
I'd still campaign for a race change option at act 3. Make it high premium but please give us a chance not to give away the entire progress.

P.S: Herald I know your pain Wink One of my friends was curious watching my strange posts on facebook and asked me to help him with the basics, umm around six / seven months ago. I advised him to go with TC as he was prone towards one handed guns so he'd have great adv with TC for sure. Guess what??? he's still stuck at act 1 despite being active over 3/4 hrs a day Tongue

12-23-2014 17:29 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

erm...

as a sponge myself... id just like to point out that absorbers are slightly OP.. but not for any reason souvik has stated. Mainly because souvik just likes to complain and would change if he could.

IF you have a valid argument please adopt some grammar, some spelling and for the love of GODJESUSBACONMOHAMMEDETC please learn how to set it out so it doesnt make my eyes bleed.

Do that and I will happily destroy any argument you wish to post.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

12-23-2014 19:07 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
erm...

as a sponge myself... id just like to point out that absorbers are slightly OP.. but not for any reason souvik has stated. Mainly because souvik just likes to complain and would change if he could.

IF you have a valid argument please adopt some grammar, some spelling and for the love of GODJESUSBACONMOHAMMEDETC please learn how to set it out so it doesnt make my eyes bleed.

Do that and I will happily destroy any argument you wish to post.

Oh that's so kind of you Paranoia, just one li'l confusion I had in my noooooooobish mind that, since your eyes bled so much and you couldn't read it whole (or so I thought after going through your such experience enriched reply) , how did you find out those grammatical errors and spelling mistakes? And since when the keenest of keen eyes of yours have traced out those unforgivable grave mistakes, can you just be kind enough to please please please point me out those, since the only spelling mistake I found was the GODJESUSBACONMOHAMMEDETC. I was also so much depressed to know that most of the players in the servers who are non-English will never be able to get their questions answered by the great problem solver since his supreme high tech eyes filter out anything that's out of the dictionary of his own.

You wanna destroy my arguments? all of them??? Beat it,answer only one question that was asked at the thread starter. I would like to rephrase that for your super sensitive eyes' sake - If absorbers are not OP in most of the game possibilities, why is this server having such crowded colony of them?

P.S: I never knew you were a psychic!!! Oh yeah you are right I do want to change to an absorber given a chance. Why?????? You know why? I'm telling you why, because months ago when I was stumbling to pass act 3 and asked for a solution in the global chat, someone answered me to withdraw my wretched race at once and restart as an Absorber, "because Absorbers' rule" that was what the comment was. Sorry have no record of that time post , but we don't need it either, I know you do remember the matter mate, and do you remember exactly who he was?

12-23-2014 19:50 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

*grabs popcorn
12-23-2014 21:26 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

So you ever see good Absorber BK?

I know they make great Snipers, and I know both Beastmaster and Thoughcatcher make good Black Knights, but is the Absorber BK at all a thing?

I know the crying is more entertaining, but there are real answers and questions worth asking hidden in the drama.

12-23-2014 22:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

FML.. I guess I have to start answering with a little more decorum even though it is wasted on you.

quote:
I had in my noooooooobish mind that, since your eyes bled so much and you couldn't read it whole

It makes my eyes bleed when you place walls of illiterate text in front of me with no sensible spacing. Even bad novels have paragraphs.

quote:
how did you find out those grammatical errors and spelling mistakes?

I can read....

quote:
can you just be kind enough to please please please point me out those, since the only spelling mistake I found was the GODJESUSBACONMOHAMMEDETC.

I dont have the time to re write all of your posts for you. Even if I did, I wouldn't because you rambling is all too common a theme and I like to get paid for hard work.

Also the section in capitals is GOD, JESUS, BACON, MOHAMMED ETC as to remain politically correct.

quote:
I was also so much depressed to know that most of the players in the servers who are non-English will never be able to get their questions answered by the great problem solver since his supreme high tech eyes filter out anything that's out of the dictionary of his own.

They will have their questions answered if they ask a question instead of incessently moan about other races and how they are so overpowered. You cry because you are not an absorber but you fail to see the strengths in your own race. PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

My supreme high tech eyes dont exist and no I dont "filter out anything that's out of the dictionary of his own". I just look at an issue as if it has a silver lining instead of being such a pessimist about everything.

quote:
You wanna destroy my arguments? all of them???

yes

quote:
Beat it,answer only one question that was asked at the thread starter. I would like to rephrase that for your super sensitive eyes' sake

You can rephrase it all you like. It will still just be you whining AGAIN about absorbers..... AGAIN.

Also my eyes arent all that sensitive to be honest.

quote:
I never knew you were a psychic!!!

you learn something new every day.

quote:
Oh yeah you are right I do want to change to an absorber given a chance. Why?????? You know why? I'm telling you why, because months ago when I was stumbling to pass act 3 and asked for a solution in the global chat, someone answered me to withdraw my wretched race at once and restart as an Absorber

You aswered your own question wrong.

You want to change to absorber purely because it is a jack of all trades and you cant seem to specialise in one so you need the slight boost an absorber gives to everything instead of the massive boost other races give to other tattoos etc.

The smartest post on this thread was made by our loving #1 player and I FULLY agree.

quote:
You forget to mention that absorbers can make better quest gear at much lower effort. Shaman is much simpler than runic, and even gives int and know as set bonus.

This is the reason Absorbers are OP. Simply this. I even admitted it in my previous post although you seem to have missed it.

quote:
as a sponge myself... id just like to point out that absorbers are slightly OP.. but not for any reason souvik has stated.

now please stop whining about EVERYTHING and play to your god damn strengths and stop complaing about other people doing just that.

quote:

Smile

12-23-2014 22:43 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Actually Absorbers can make good black knight, if not as good as compared to the others especially end game, but they get nice advantage in the mid game. Kanapka is co example of my theory. He fully utilises his power of blood to get those odd crit hits at the fullest along with high chance for hit / dodge. In PvP he uses only one level of absorb power to suck up the specialisation like horror or shadow of the beast etc. However not sure how he'll redesign his strategy at end game.

Paranoia, you use to be a man of respect. I hope you'll fare justice enough on your own reputation by answering the question in it's proper direction. Not by making a fuss by trying to troll over every post that you can.

If you feel any thread to be useless, spam, or duplicate you should report the same to the mods and wait for them to respond to your appeal. Instead, you are posting over and over on that thread, claiming that you have all the answers of the game, trying to mock the seeker by quoting any phrase from anywhere in the paragraph and making the thread unnecessarily clumsy.
To be honest I just started this thread for proper justification of one race. But all you are doing is crying in here and ignoring the criteria. You were alleging me for nagging? You are the one who is whining. And you are yet to answer my question boy , if Absorbers are not OP, why do most of the second time starter goes for it?

Once again, this is a discussion thread. Not a place for showing any personal grievance. If anyone wants to submit his view he or she is most welcome. If you have in your mind to mess around and pollute this thread, find a different place mate.

12-24-2014 05:38 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

most people restart as absorber because it is the easy way out and offeres flexibility early game.

You pick absorber if you dont know what tattoo you want to be as it is the easiest to play and adapt to different tattoos.

quote:

Smile

12-24-2014 06:32 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc

I think LVL 20 (because LVL 10 you get in first 2 day and you can't decide so fast...)

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
most people restart as absorber because it is the easy way out and offeres flexibility early game.

100% true - i do the same thing, start as Thoughtcatcher, after i start another 2 characters with absorber, just because i don't know what is the best and for easiness

And also i agree that absorber is very good race, but far not best ever!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grizly: 12-24-2014 10:34.

12-24-2014 10:32 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
*grabs popcorn

Give me some of that

*munch munch*

Think we need 3d glasses for this one?

12-24-2014 10:57 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

So if the claim is true, one player will start as an Absorber, will gain somewhat better advantage than that of the rest, gain access to the expo and koth and gradually will feel what a worthless and awful race it is since it has already been established that their specialisation is the worst in this game, at least the above posts direct towards such decision.

If that would have been true, the player would have re-restarted according to his favourite tattoo , instead he continues to carry on longer and longer and even longer, until he resigns. Even after considering the number of immigrants who sought for a redemption to the Cursed One, the existing density is unmistakably higher than that the grand total of the four other tattooes.

Point to be noted , this game is all about making progress namely by means of experience points and expeditions provide almost solely the experience points from level 20 onwards. So it's really hard to believe that one player feels his potential in the expo is hindered because of his inferior race but he still sticks to it. Not sensible at all.

Just look at any PvP of any Absorber and you'll see they typically use 1 absorption, 2 or 3 blockage and rest of their entire blood point is invested in specialisation . If specialisation really were so useless, why would one use chunks of it in both PvP and expo?

It has been confessed by the Absorbers that their main gear are the blood gears. Funny, if the arcana was not so great, won't they have gone for some damage dealing gears?

When all of these, namely easiness, super enhanced chance of successful hits, dodges, ambushes, critical chances, quest success, more items per journey, critical hits and gosh only I named a few of it!!! Oh sorry I'm not finished yet, as these were not enough, they have just been gifted the power to suck up any arcana they want.

Be reasonable and compare these with the others, how can one even declare that they are not over powered. The only reason is, as I already have stated before, the population here is infested by absorbers and none will happily accept if their superiority is balanced down.

*** Pass the bowl of pop corn please!!! And you won't need 3d glasses to see the harsh reality mate Smile

12-25-2014 20:58 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Wow and I thought taking a flamethrower as a custom item was thick. GG.
Just noticed you're in CoS, it must be nice to be around those of equal intelligence.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 12-25-2014 22:55.

12-25-2014 22:51 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

yet again im reduced to spelling it out for you.

quote:
So if the claim is true, one player will start as an Absorber, will gain somewhat better advantage than that of the rest, gain access to the expo and koth and gradually will feel what a worthless and awful race it is since it has already been established that their specialisation is the worst in this game, at least the above posts direct towards such decision.

This is a special needs paragraph.... One player starts as an absorber and sees that at around level 50-75 for his chosen path there IS A BETTER RACE (eg beastmaster for mellee) but has poured so much time into his character that starting again is a massive chore.

quote:
If that would have been true, the player would have re-restarted according to his favourite tattoo , instead he continues to carry on longer and longer and even longer, until he resigns. Even after considering the number of immigrants who sought for a redemption to the Cursed One, the existing density is unmistakably higher than that the grand total of the four other tattooes.

Cursed one is an amazing race for gunners if they are a beastmaster to begin with or for those that want horror. EXPOS are what people care about souvik.. not ambushes so "sucking up arcana" is USELESS.

EVERY race borrows arcana from the beastmaster to do an expo if they are mellee... if absorbers arcana is so overpowered why do we make a point of not using ANY of our own arcana in an expo?.

quote:
Just look at any PvP of any Absorber and you'll see they typically use 1 absorption, 2 or 3 blockage and rest of their entire blood point is invested in specialisation . If specialisation really were so useless, why would one use chunks of it in both PvP and expo?

People only use absorber arcana in expo if they need the crit.... just as a cultist will only use cats paths if they need the agility... is that too hard to fathom?

Outside of a expo we have no other choice so we do what we can with what we have. If we didnt absorb it you would be overpowered... if you didnt use any arcana in an ambush the playing field would be leveld. Absorbers the great equalizer.

quote:
It has been confessed by the Absorbers that their main gear are the blood gears. Funny, if the arcana was not so great, won't they have gone for some damage dealing gears?

Damage gear wont pass quests you muppet.

quote:
When all of these, namely easiness, super enhanced chance of successful hits, dodges, ambushes, critical chances, quest success, more items per journey, critical hits and gosh only I named a few of it!!! Oh sorry I'm not finished yet, as these were not enough, they have just been gifted the power to suck up any arcana they want.

your narrowmindedness is beginning to get on my tits.

lets pick one here shall we.

quote:
super enhanced chance of successful hits

Absorber gets luck from arcana gimping damage as it has to be taken instead of bloodfrenzy.

Cultist gets agility whilst not gimping damage as they will still take searing blood.

Cursed one gets perc.

quote:
critical chances

Yes, absorber does get crit chance. But we dont get massive regeneration after each round like cultists. we dont get agility like cultists, we dont get massive HP AND damage like a though catcher, we dont get an extra attack per round like a beast master.

You are still just whining as you cant use your own damn class to its strengths.

quote:
Be reasonable and compare these with the others, how can one even declare that they are not over powered. The only reason is, as I already have stated before, the population here is infested by absorbers and none will happily accept if their superiority is balanced down.

I even stated that absorbers were overpowered but not for any of the reasons you have stated.

open your mind and maybe you will learn something.

quote:

Smile

12-25-2014 23:01 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

RE: absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by souvik

Silence of blood
Absorb power

Man!!! they can block Horror or shadow of the beast for 15 BP only that costs the victim to waste 225 BP !!! Moreover, they can use it to their own aid against them for only 30 BP !!! How funny !!! My point is, if majesty can be beheaded, why should bloodmagic be spared?

another matter of fact, Power of Blood offers luck, and luck affects every possibility that can be thought of in BW, not to mention about the extra crit chance. It really is ridiculous when a gunner with 80 agility sniper dodges a 200 agility black knight on every alternative hit . Can this thread be enlightened by some long time experienced players please? Because as long as my vision is concerned, I find BW UK server infested with absorbers who mostly have restarted as absorbers because they felt the extra advantages.

Thanks for reading. Your views please.

1st point.
yes at the beginning the 5% easiness is awsome and right true to lvl 110 its a great advantage,,in end game the entire trait is redundant.meaning absorbers loose a trait

2nd point.
the bp bonus is same as cultist and cursed 1
not exactly an absorber only advantage

3rd point
arcana is good in pvp taking arkana for ,low cost is great but easily countered by opponent not using any..
pvp been quite redundant in exp gain this is a trivial issue

extra luck at lower lvl will be so low not to have that huge an impact.
expo wise which is where the main exp gain is absorber arkana is limited to power of blood..

extra chance of crit is nice but crit still capped at 85% as is rest of races
extra luck to help hit mobs..yep nice boost.

but cultist have caths path as do every race with elastic set
cursed ones have perception arkana

meaning every race has the option to boost there stats to hit higher mobs

actually with necromancers set i think power absorbion can be used by any race.meaning even beats masters can absorb arkana if they wanted Tongue

ill add more to this when im as drunk and tired Tongue

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
12-25-2014 23:47 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

Every thinks other players are getting an edge over them.

But they're just different.

There are certain optimised race/tattoo/equipment paths to explore and each Race gets a few to explore. It can feel restricting to realise that you only have certain options available to you but them's the breaks.

Also, don't underestimate the extent of new players grabbing Absorbers because they want to be cool ninjas screwing with the numbers on how many of them there are :p

Beastmaster: Best Mellee, rubbish at everything else.
Thoughcatcher: Best Ranged due to reliable damage boost from Majesty, great HP Tank makes them useful in sieges/KotH, difficult to use early and mid game.
Cultist: Good expo/seige/KotH choice due to regeneration, good with both mellee and ranged but not obsolete with guns due to Searing Blood, used to be broken but fixed with a patch.
Absorber: Great early choice, good Ambush tattoo and can help in siege/arena with Arcana countermeasures, best quest race, doesn't have any obsolete tattoo paths but can suffer from having no optimal race/tattoo combinations as powerful as over races.
Cursed One: best with guns, great in Expeditions thanks to Arcana, can suffer in Ambushes compared to other races and there are better siege/KotH/Clan Arena choices, has NO early game due to being gated and is overspecialised like Beastmaster.

12-26-2014 18:54 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

how is stoping you using your arcane op and are you really goimg to complain about a 0.75% chance of crit hit per lvl come on yeah +2 luck is nice but its not so op it changes the game.

but please do tell us what you would have absorbers arcane by if not absorbing
12-28-2014 00:32 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » absorbers get too much undue advantage (UW only)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH