Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make UK-r1 more active » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Make UK-r1 more active 16 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.8816 Votes - Average Rating: 8.88
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

People will (probably) be able to have as many accounts as they wish. Pushing will still be punishable (or any other kind of trade shenanigans) - you can't have multiple accounts that would all supply a single account with junk/stones etc.

Any other activities will (again - probably) be allowed. We still want to hear what the players have to say Smile

12-12-2014 09:13 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To clarify the power playing...

Expeditions filled with just characters from one person. Not working as part of a Clan.

The game is set up so you're supposed to work with other players. Not have a one man Clan.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-12-2014 10:58 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
People will (probably) be able to have as many accounts as they wish. Pushing will still be punishable (or any other kind of trade shenanigans) - you can't have multiple accounts that would all supply a single account with junk/stones etc.

Any other activities will (again - probably) be allowed. We still want to hear what the players have to say Smile

I vote yes across the board.

And I think trading between multiple accounts should be allowed as long as how dose mentioned prices stay within market expectations and behaviour.
12-12-2014 11:03 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

quote:

I say yes... I would only want one more account - Absorber Collector here I come Smile

I would also like your thoughts on a Global Auction per server type = Moria, Necro etc. Would this even be possible to do?

12-12-2014 14:07 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

quote:
Originally posted by dtr
I would also like your thoughts on a Global Auction per server type = Moria, Necro etc. Would this even be possible to do?

Would feel sorry for the youngest server(s) where people don't earn 2-4 ss per day. all their drops would be bought by the older servers.

If this should be done, then it should be made so all auctioned items have a chance to dupe, but that the dupe appear on other servers. But this is entirely off topic. Thread is about having more accounts on same server

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 12-12-2014 15:03.

12-12-2014 15:02 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Lots of moneyz for the sevs
12-13-2014 16:52 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

The more I think about it, the less I care about one man Clan abuse.

Just ignore and/or slap them for fun.

At least they generate more resources this way.

12-13-2014 19:22 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Will the multiple accounts be able to be online at the same time? Will the premium options be shared through accounts?
In general I guess it won't hurt the server. I would also try different path, but doing so with one character is currently no go for me.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-14-2014 16:33 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
theheraldofogc
Viking

A year ago, I probably would have started my second character on the UK server if I had the option...

Can be a bit rough when you don't have the slightest grasp of Polish :p

12-14-2014 19:13 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Will the multiple accounts be able to be online at the same time? Will the premium options be shared through accounts?

Yes and no, respectively Smile

12-15-2014 13:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

A descision before Christmas holydays would be niceWink

12-15-2014 17:47 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

sounds good to me!

do you think maybe this is something that would happen soon?
maybe at the new year?..
12-15-2014 22:26 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Okay, I've had a complete about turn on this now I've had time to chew it over.

I would be buying Premium RIGHT NOW if this was available.

Money is talking devs...

12-17-2014 17:05 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I was stuck awake most of the night thanks to a fever, wishing I had a new character to work on Frown

Any chance we can be let of the leash for Christmas? It'll help get us through the terrible TV this year :p

12-18-2014 19:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
I was stuck awake most of the night thanks to a fever, wishing I had a new character to work on Frown

Any chance we can be let of the leash for Christmas? It'll help get us through the terrible TV this year :p

I would rather they take their time to make sure that the multi-accounts system will be fully operationnal.

If we understand correctly what was said, there are some changes to put into place to allow the accounts to interact between themselves without automatically waking up the ban hammer.

So better leave them the necessary time to make sure more hard work and more premium doesn't go to the ban bin in case of a misunderstanding.

Rushing it just to give it to us for Xmas holidays would be a mistake.
12-19-2014 07:34 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I know I'm an impatient git at times, and the last thing I want is to trigger a banhammer trap when I'm settling down for a marathon session, but they aren't adding a feature.

They're disabling one.

I hold out hope we can have this handily Smile

12-19-2014 17:38 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

Whilst I would love to play an extra character on UK UW I'm curious to how well it can work with how little the devs seem to enforce rules at the moment on a dead realm like this one. People seem to think it will boost the economy, but it could potentially make it worse as people hoard items and main account power plays on items could starve the alts.

For example if on my second account I needed one last item to complete a merge and it came up but I couldn't afford. Would there be enough rules and enforcement to stop me bidding on it on my main and hoarding it until I can afford ? Also if this isn't the case then it's likely to just mean every high level sat on lots of stones is just gonna be sat on really amazing gear for when their alt can afford it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeikun: 12-23-2014 17:25.

12-23-2014 16:13 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

The problem with that, is that the alt still needs stones.

So they need to auction away good drops that aren't relevant to them.

On an open market.

Hoarders are going to hoard whether they have one character or a thousand. But their 999 other characters would need stones to do anything...

And not everyone playing will be a hoarder. A hoarder makes no impact, adding non-hoarders increases items. This increases items even with a hoarder problem.

12-23-2014 16:53 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

IMO there will be completely NO provision of push/ pull amongst the characters. So if you have one merge part in your second account and your first account needs that badly, you have to wait until someone else puts the same up. Annoying I know it, but that'll help them to monitor the system. They are humans too and they can't monitor every auction Smile

On a second thought. That thing can be made possible only if the auction is globalized as it had already been proposed.There shouldn't be a ban for competing against the entire BW universe instead of only some hand picked trolls in a dying server. A globalised auction will no doubt help to boost every server. TBH a big reason of the dropout players is the lack of items when it's needed most. Very few players do have the tenacity and patience to wait for years to wait for a desired merge piece on a server while the same is sold at an abundance in other servers :I

12-23-2014 17:06 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Arrow

Registration Date: 08-08-2014
Clan: howl

Im all for this, I play with premium and would happily play premium wit a second account. Ill kill twice as much time at work Big Grin and ive been dying to try melee. With no direct trade there is no unfair advantage with having multiple accounts, and it only make the server more active and fun, and put more money into the devs wallets. I cant really see any downsides.
12-29-2014 15:11 Arrow is offline Search for Posts by Arrow Add Arrow to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Is there any news on when multi accounts might be brought in (or when the ranged patch might be released)???

01-02-2015 16:30 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

use uk-r1 to measure the effects of allowing multi account. You can start by temporarily allowing it, by for example allowing multi accounts for the first half of 2015. When this period expire, then you can decide if any negative consequences outweigh the positives. If they don't then open up the old servers to multi accounts. If multi accounts have too many negative effects the old rules can simply be reinstated.

01-13-2015 18:58 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

It would help with the scarcity of resources and items.
It would help with player engagement (having a second character on another server kept me more active).
It would increase game revenue (both by adding premium contributions and making the server a more active and interesting place to play).

It may cause game breaking exploits, resulting in widespread multiaccount abuse and possibly hurting the current Clan structure.

Although personally I think attempts at one-man Clans would go wrong, and players looking for a supportive Clan would just leave any domineered by a small number of obnoxious multiaccount players.

What I DON'T want to do is be faced with the prospect of having to destroy my years old character just to try out some new ideas, and without a second language you understand it's challenging playing on a different region's server.

Let us off the leash please Frown

Fun is fun!

01-13-2015 21:18 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Hello please multi goofy
01-23-2015 19:59 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

A discussion that actually made me log in..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes to multi-accounts!!

BWT make it happen - seriously, what have you got to lose? Stop talking about it, stop over-thinking the problems & make it happen now!!

This server is as dull as dishwater; biased towards the top 50 players (who are mostly in one clan), and completely at the end of its natural life anyway - so what have you got to lose by implementing now?

Will it really matter to you if it completely fucks this server? No. If it does you can just pull the plug, its only a matter of time before you do that anyway. In fact if you do pull the plug you could re-set the UK server and start it again from scratch --- that might actually put some life back into it! Big Grin Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-24-2015 03:42 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

list of things that must happen before 31st january:

1 - implement multi accounts, no limits.
2 - open new uk underworld server
3 - new expo locations
4 - new tasks
5 - act 4
01-24-2015 09:10 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
list of things that must happen before 31st january:

1 - implement multi accounts, no limits.
2 - open new uk underworld server
3 - new expo locations
4 - new tasks
5 - act 4

you want too much in 1 shot Happy

new task - ok
and
maybe new location - with 2 random Mobs at 1 time

01-24-2015 10:39 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Expo gauntlets, Grizzly? Smile

One life total per player, fight mobs one by one? That sounds cool Big Grin

01-24-2015 16:23 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

any updates about this?

cheers
02-03-2015 15:22 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Clan: KHORNE

Any updates?

02-07-2015 11:18 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I want my multis !!!
02-08-2015 04:29 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

come on. It's been 2 months sinse we had any comment on this from you Szeszej (or anyone else from the BW team)... Will the multi accounts be going ahead or not? and will it be allowed anytime soon?

02-08-2015 13:14 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

There are plenty of things that may have happened to delay this.

Disabling a security feature without knocking out others that need to remain in place, adding in ingame registration featurr to officially multiaccount, the focus being on the ranged beta so this hasn't been addressed yet.

It WOULD be nice to know where it stands.

02-08-2015 13:29 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

So we get 100% of the player base to make a second account, you can put money on they won't ban everyone Big Grin

02-08-2015 13:37 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

yeah, I can understand that there may be things that need to be done before allowing multi accounts (though I'm pretty sure the security feature for that involves manually going through players IP addresses,login details,etc.. so unless I'm mistaken, they could simply stop enforcing it)
But it would be nice to get some word from the devs on if/when we could expect this...

02-08-2015 14:06 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:

Dear Szeszej, have there been any development on this matter?

03-03-2015 12:15 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I was gonna ask the same question. I am getting bored out of my mind with a single account and I would like to open 2-3 other characers for which I would pay premium.

Please make it happen. Like today ?
03-03-2015 12:58 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Please let us give you more money!

Last year's fall range patch would be nice also.

But what I would like most of all, is to be told if they won't be ready for a while so we at least know instead of logging in every day to see we still have nothing new.

I don't mind waiting when I have a vague timescale. I don't know about everyone else but being kept in the dark just makes me feel ignored.

03-03-2015 14:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

I would love to play with a second account, but I would probably want each player to have a limit of 2 accounts before things get messy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 03-03-2015 15:08.

03-03-2015 15:08 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

It would probably self regulate, but I wouldn't mind a sensible cap while that actually gets tested Smile

03-03-2015 16:14 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Make UK-r1 more active

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH