Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Capping » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Clan Capping 5 Votes - Average Rating: 4.60
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gazo

Registration Date: 10-17-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Clan Capping Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey peeps,
Can't find anything regarding this, so apologies if it has been discussed previously.

I used to play BW way back when under this username.
At this time friendly clan seiges were held every few days and it became a great part of the game.
I returned about 6months ago and haven't seen a single clan siege, mainly because the top clans are so far ahead and strong in numbers that it seems there is now a server agreement not to use this function.
This also reflects in the clan arena, where the same clans fight each other every week and the results are the same every week.

The Clan aspect of the game is dead.

I suggest that a CAP is put on clans.
This could be either a total level based on the highest lvl member of a clan or total level of all members of a clan based on the clan leader's lvl or some other way.
I then thought about the possibility of reducing the total number of members in clans, but this would prove tricky to impliment as players would resent having to leave a clan that has had plenty of work put into the clan buildings etc, but I'm sure the resources and/or clan points could be distributed to every player on the server to use in their new clans????

This isn't rocket science, the server needs work and the above seems the most basic and yet simple revamp to help create action in an otherwise stagnant part of the game.

I do have a few more ideas, but I think the above is enough for now to create a debate and listen to other's views.

Cheers,
Gazo (Drakai Jukor - Underworld)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gazo: 03-13-2015 12:05.

03-13-2015 12:03 Gazo is offline Search for Posts by Gazo Add Gazo to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This matter has been debated sometimes at the global channels but never been brought off to the forum before so I think no harm done in bringing it over here.
As you said it's always the same clans that fight at the arena unless someone is fetched as a good Samaritan so there is no excitement left after a few weeks tbh.
Rather than putting a cap over the number of members it would be better to cap on the clan points in my opinion.
And may be a wild suggestion but how about putting a bounty system where someone may enlist the name of a player or a clan against a caution money? Any person or team winning that bounty claims the reward set by the dealer as well as some penalty fees from the target or the clan too!!!

03-13-2015 21:16 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If clans get capped for more than just max members, then I think that would kill the game entirely... Most top players would prob rather quit than have to start new clans & buildings etc...
And they make up most of the active (paying) players on the server... I highly doubt the server would sustain itself without them and would likely be shut down. Terrible idea imo.

The main reason there aren't sieges is because they arent needed for PoH gain
If multi accounts get introduced this will increase the actice charachters by quite alot and many new clans will develop, making for greater competition between clans.

Also: "Basic and yet simple", these mean essentially the same thing, so there's no need for the "yet"

03-15-2015 23:04 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Gazo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gazo

Completely disagree Demandred.

Top paying customers will always want to remain at the top as they have put so much effort into their character already. I've yet to meet a paying top player who has walked away from their creation.

See my suggestion about offering clan points to each member of a disbanded clan to help them with their new clan.

The introduction of reduced clan members or level capping per clan, will instigate more competition amongst the top players rather than have them all huddle together in a big protective bubble, which let's face it is essentially what they are doing, but it's part of the current set-up, so why shouldn't they?

Even so much as proposing only 2 top 10 players per clan, followed by a max of 10 top 50 players per clan would be an excellent and intriguing way forward.

Introducing x2 accounts will not solve anything, the clan system will still be tiered and the same clans will still face each other every weekend because new accounts can only grow at a certain rate.

It needs looking at.
Something needs to be changed and the devs need to show us paying customers that they do care about Underworld and want to prolong its life.

Do not "grammar police" me please, it isn't becoming of anyone on a global forum, particularly when aimed at people who have little time to compose quite long posts and who clearly have a grasp of the English language.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gazo: 03-16-2015 11:00.

03-16-2015 10:58 Gazo is offline Search for Posts by Gazo Add Gazo to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Diablo, literally enough said to seeing someone walk away.

03-16-2015 11:15 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

I said similar before. reduce number of people(max clan size) in clan and reduce number of z3 square allowed per clan. But I'm not sure it would matter much now. To few active people left i think

03-16-2015 11:30 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I'm not even going to begin naming top players who left the game after years of investment...
They are numerous, and there are plenty debating the idea right now as it is... so disagree if you want, but it does happen.

The reason the top players group together is cause they can aid each other in expos and koths and such, not so much to do with safety imo.
A clan should never have a level cap... This would discourage growth and undermine the purpose of the game.
And forcing existing clans to split would only be fair if all clan buildings were reset in all clans, which will never go down with the player base. Or you would force clans to pick and choose players to stay in the clan with all the buildings and cast out all the rest, who may have helped build in the first place, so, yet another bad idea.

There wont be any simple/basic ideas that will be realistic, as the game dynamics have gotten too complex for that.
If your goal is to encourage sieges again, I'm all for that, but I dont think messing with the clans that put in the hard work to be successful is the right way to do it.

03-16-2015 21:47 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Gazo,

if you would dig deep enough you would find out this have been already discussed several times and it never let to any kind of agreement. The thing is the sieges stopped for several reasons and I don't think you will get them back by changing the rules midgame.

There are already several limitations for clans, but the real trouble here is the lack of players. Because if there would be like 10 times more players than now then you would see more clans which would be more equal. But even that would not prevent the desire of big players to band together and there would be few powerhouses anyway.

Yeah, you could try to implement the limitation based on player's ranking, but then you would need to take in consideration what would happen if several players outgrowths the limits. Would they be kicked out automatically or what? Would the leader be forced to pick someone to be kicked? All this would bring too much of unnecessary complications from gameplay, but also from programming point of view.

Feel free to continue discussing it, but I don't think it will change much. The Underworld population is how it is and there would have to be massive gameplay change to shake things up here. And even in such case I doubt it.

Take this as an opinion from someone who is playing this game for over 8 years by now.

Regards

Mortis

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-17-2015 00:13 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Gazo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gazo

I think people miss the point about players leaving, these players have already left because they can see the game has become stagnant with no effort from admin to improve or restructure certain elements of the game.
Players won't leave if changes are made to increase playability and functionality of the game.

I have played many "cult" online games and we always get to the point where the server becomes stagnant, less and less players join and it becomes less interesting because there is nowhere else to go when you're at the top.

One of the main reasons I've found is the "new server syndrome" where the devs get too excited too quickly (possibly even too greedy) and open up new servers too soon without first letting the original servers establish themselves over time.

Anyway I disgress a little here.
Completely understand what you're syaing regarding the growth of players within the max clan limits, Mortis, and it would be practically impossible to implement - unless there is a strict last in first out policy and once over a limit the guy at the bottom of a clan is automatically removed??? But is that fair?

Maybe there is another way to improve the game, but it will require a lot of thinking to come up with an ideal solution.

Could a further developed clan arena system work?
5v5 or 10v10 clan fights with rewards for the clan rather than the players.
Obviously this would need to be a capped level system or the top 10 players from BOS would be in one winning team every week?
Would it be fair for a team from BOS to fight another BOS team, gauranteeing a reward to that clan every week?

Has anything else been suggested over time that you could point me to please gents?

Cheers.

03-17-2015 09:54 Gazo is offline Search for Posts by Gazo Add Gazo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Clan Capping

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH