Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Bonus to character defence not working » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bonus to character defence not working
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ram ADX

Registration Date: 01-12-2014

Bonus to character defence not working Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 19190

Problem description: Bonus to Character rather then item defence are being cancelled out by "maximum defence from items = 0"
http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9ad5bf7201
spy report showing 70 defence with 70 toughness and +20 character defence from LP shamanistic set.

I'm guessing not a bug, and talk on global would confirm that, however just making the thread to be 100% sure before I waste a nice character defence enchant on a solar ring, the wording makes me think it should be item defence that can be a maximum of 0.

Thank you for your time.
05-14-2015 14:05 Ram ADX is offline Search for Posts by Ram ADX Add Ram ADX to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Effects#Defence
quote:
maximum items defence = 0 - if total character's defence resulting from other sources than TOUGHNESS is greater than 0, it is zeroed.

Note: item enchants like 'character defense +x' are ignored as well, because source of enchant effect is item, not character/evo/anything else.
Note 2: 'character defense +x' from evolutions are NOT zeroed, because source of defense effect is not item.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

05-15-2015 07:45 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Ram ADX

Registration Date: 01-12-2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ram ADX
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much for taking the time to confirm that for me, and I'm not sure who edits the wiki but would it be possible for the above wiki link to be edited to include the fact it's not just toughness any more that is allowed.
Also one more question if I may, would "DISPOSABLE ITEMS" such as "Gargoyle`s Mask" also be zeroed as it is an item?

Again thank you for all your time in answering something that most likely to you seems obvious.
05-15-2015 11:42 Ram ADX is offline Search for Posts by Ram ADX Add Ram ADX to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I can update the wiki. Haven't had much time but I can have half hour later to do it. I have quite a bit that needs going on.
05-30-2015 13:20 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Bonus to character defence not working

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH