Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Instead of epics 2.0 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Instead of epics 2.0
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zdygr

Registration Date: 11-07-2010

Instead of epics 2.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd like to see something interesting but not changing the game as much as epics did. My proposal:

Make a new item quality level, let's call in Uncanny.

- individually Uncanny items are better than LG but worse than LP;
- as a part of the mixed quality set, Uncanny acts as LP;
- all-Uncanny sets gain additional powerful qualities (even for the sets that were relatively useless), something like this:

Uncanny Copper - "Electric strike": successful melee attacks can cause armour-piercing bonus damage based on Intelligence and Knowledge
Uncanny Golden - "Mint": Lgo income +50%
Uncanny Emerald - "Envy": loots extra Lgo during ambushes (+1% or +1k to the cap for every 5 Intelligence) but only 10% people instead of 30%
Uncanny Hawk's - "Wings": +50 to initiative; taxi, bodyguards, police do not help when ambushing other players but the attack is 5 times shorter than usual (or just takes some fixed time, e.g. 2 minutes)
Uncanny Ruby - "Healer": new arcanum, restores allies' HP
etc.

09-01-2015 12:31 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A lot of people are struggling to hit / properly damage these new maps. Why make a type of item worse than what we currently have?
09-01-2015 13:15 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zdygr
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not everybody out there has LP+ sets of everything with suffixes, so a new quality level does not always mean items are going to be worse. (But of course the Uncanny set bonus should strongly outweigh the loss in stats for those who find it useful.)

I think this allows for a wider range of possible combinations and tactics with fewer obvious choices, and makes the game more interesting without repeating the "now it's all up to randomizer again" story.

09-01-2015 13:49 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Epic items 2.0 is a very broad term. As I've said, they aren't really being developed yet, it's just a question Smile

09-01-2015 13:53 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

With epic 2.0 still not really being developed right now, to consider about it's pro and con are as useless as judging the soil of moon for irrigation. Just to keep up the hope devs , any idea when we can have a glimpse of that epic thing?

09-01-2015 16:51 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zdygr

... So what I proposed is my idea of what "epics 2.0" could be like. Those who like it can support/expand it.

09-02-2015 12:02 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Instead of epics 2.0

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH