Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Auction suggestion - updated idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Auction suggestion - updated idea 2 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Auction suggestion - updated idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can't remember if this has been suggested before, but how about the option to remove or cancel you own bid on the auction?

A couple of reasons why this would be helpful:
- some of us are numptys & bid on the wrong things
- sometimes you've bid all your stones on an item, but then a better item gets put up on a shorter finish time

Any thoughts?

Cheers Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 11-05-2015 20:42.

11-02-2015 17:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe there's too much room for abuse

11-03-2015 06:52 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Certainly agree with szes

1 - you auction item

2 - someone(A) bid on item
3 - you get friend(B) to bid on item, hoping to make A bid one more time on item

4 - Goto : 2

If A stops bidding, then B can cancel his bid 30 seconds? before auction ends, or if you're not satisfied with the price you then B does not cancel. Either way, sounds pretty abusive to me

11-03-2015 09:42 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

Hmmm, you see this is the problem with being an honest gamer - I hadn't considered the point of view of people who want to cheat! :/

Thanks anyway. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-03-2015 17:09 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

updated idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok here's a really wild idea - why not remove the option to set a reserve price on the auctions?

Reasoning:
1) it would (in my warped mind) make the auctions fairer as people couldn't set high prices for their mates to swap items, etc

2) make it more exciting for all the players rather than just the ones who are sitting on stockpiled stones

3) eliminate people setting ridiculous start prices that are not relevant to the item

Just a thought. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-05-2015 20:49 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
TheOneAndOnly

Registration Date: 11-09-2012

RE: updated idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu

Reasoning:
1) it would (in my warped mind) make the auctions fairer as people couldn't set high prices for their mates to swap items, etc

2) make it more exciting for all the players rather than just the ones who are sitting on stockpiled stones

3) eliminate people setting ridiculous start prices that are not relevant to the item

Just a thought. Wink

But then couldn't the normal people just simply bid high, if they wanted the item? It wouldn't matter the price on how low, but rather how high it can go upto...

The Original Penguin_dude
11-16-2015 05:34 TheOneAndOnly is offline Search for Posts by TheOneAndOnly Add TheOneAndOnly to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

if i'm selling a p5 item that i spent literally thousand lifestones on. I want to be able to set a minimum price

11-16-2015 09:08 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
if i'm selling a p5 item that i spent literally thousand lifestones on. I want to be able to set a minimum price

This...

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-16-2015 14:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Yeah, I get that.
Although, you could argue that if you spent 'thousands' of stones on getting that item, there's probably less chance you would sell it, and if it was that good, then the market price would push it up anyway.

My point was 'setting ridiculous prices that are not relevant'.

e.g. someone drops a Perfect Sharp Knife of Leader on a quest and then spends the next 5 weeks putting it on the auction with a reserve of 700 BS, then 500 BS, then 300 BS, and so on until it finally sells for what it is really worth....... 2 BS.

Or it is sold to someone's mate to swap stones for a price of 2 MS.

Don't believe me - check the closed auctions.

If that's not a 'push', and therefore an abuse of the system, then I don't know what is.

It is one of (many) things that have bugged me about this game - the apparent 'rules' that only seemed to be enforced when one of the dev team can be bothered.

Well that's my rant over, as usual nothing constructive will be done here. This server is dead anyway so who gives a shit.... not sure why we're still bothering to make games suggestions, there's only 50 people playing the game! Tongue Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-16-2015 14:48.

12-16-2015 14:47 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

An unreported push is a fart in a hurricane. Report it if you see it and always account for the fact sometimes people just bid dumb and it isn't all a conspiracy.

As for people with unrealistic expectations,, I refer you again to "dumb". Let them try to charge stupid for an item and just ignore them until reality finally reaches them.

Any suggestion massively open to abuse that will shred the server economy IS NOT WORTH IMPLEMENTING. Ever. No matter how much it may slightly make bidding easier for one or two players.

As for server activity, the server is more than the top two Clans. The Devs have to acknowledge that even if you don't want to so anything that's definitely going to screw lower level players is very unlikely to happen.

Edit: Converted it into something that makes sense (typed it on phone in the rain)

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by theheraldofogc: 12-18-2015 14:05.

12-18-2015 13:57 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Auction suggestion - updated idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH