Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » UW idea - Changing the conversion rates of stones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UW idea - Changing the conversion rates of stones 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

UW idea - Changing the conversion rates of stones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

For a long time breaking up and merging stones has been a great headache for players. That's why we would like to propose changing the conversion rate - you will no longer lose any stones through conversion. The following conversion rates will work both ways:

10 bs = 1 hs
3 hs = 1 ls
2 ls = 1 ms
2 ms = 1 ss

The cost of conversion could be changed to mana/nanites, but we don't think that would be necessary.

Let us know what you think.

Best regards,
BW Team

07-25-2016 06:59 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This means one ss takes 120bs to make if i am not mistaken.

It might break the market - will ss still be worth 500 ?
07-25-2016 08:20 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This will most likely upset the market, but only temporarily. Things should go back to normal after some time.

We are ok with upsetting the market for some time to get a more permanent gain.

07-25-2016 09:08 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

The market is bonkers anyway, an overall positive change is worth some short term confusion.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
08-10-2016 12:23 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Any update on whether this is happening and if so when?
08-13-2016 14:11 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

UW final - Changing the conversion rates of stones + auctions.

Thank You.
08-29-2016 10:01 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So if an item now cost 50 SS, after the patch it will cost minimum 120 SS Frown
I think this is a very bad solution, because, to obtain 1 SS you need 50 k points, but if you merge stones you will need few bs... so the SS will become priceless, all people will need only low LVL stones, all pieces on the market will cost bs, hs, and maximum ls, no one will put ms and ss in price

08-29-2016 15:54 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

In your 'final' post you said that stones will be reduced to 1/4.
But I can't see that anywhere in the latest posts on pl forum. Which is correct?
Also if your 'final' post is not final, I would like to have my stones that I spent today returned. This changes a lot

08-31-2016 18:54 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

In a second you will have another final post Smile

08-31-2016 18:56 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

And based on your first final post I used most of my stones because I though, in accordance with the final post, that I would lose most of the stones anyway!!

08-31-2016 19:10 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

I stay on my opinion, after the patch will be active, the items price will be not 120 ss like i say, but 300-400 SS for s simple item, no one will sell for ss - only low LVL stones will be accepted, and this is very bad, especially in long term...

i think the best idea is to let the price of the stones in up sense as it is, and for downgrades put them as for upmerges, just add nanites for downgrades.

Simple and effective for destroying nanites and reduce the number of low LVL stones

And 1 more thing... Do you have any other ideas to force people to abandon this game?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grizly: 08-31-2016 20:49.

08-31-2016 20:43 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. This is a very complex patch and there is no simple solution. We just want to minimize the loss in stone value.

09-01-2016 06:34 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

I don't think the multiplication of merge and soulstones is a good idea. I understand that it is done to make sure that peolpe retain the value of their stones. But the value of their stones will be greater than it is today, because future income will be greatly reduced.

there is examples on this server of people with 2000-4000 soul stones after patch some people will have over 8000 soul stones!Yes they will represent the same value as stones does today. But consider the fact that you earn far less stones from future expeditions.

if i today make an expedition that gives me 50k exp, i get 50bs, 10hs, 5ls, 2ms and 1ss
total value 50+100+500+300+500 = 1450
after patch the total value will drop to 50+100+150+120+120 = 540

so future income from expos will drop to 1/3

Rich people will become much richer becasue of this drop in future income.

the reduction of stones in your previous 'final' post was the right way to do it

09-01-2016 07:55 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

I congratulate the people that where smart enough to turn all ls into ms before patch.

300 ls => 100 ms
patch doubled number of ms so you get 200 ms from 300 ls

those 200 ms can with new rules be broken into 400 ls

so instead of losing 10% of your ls, you gained 33% extra ls from this patch

09-01-2016 11:25 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

I was very happy with the outcome, plenty of life stones from it, though one small niggle, this free Nantes cost .... Well the thing is, it isn't very free.

09-01-2016 11:49 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

With the new method there is no tax-free number of stones or free upgrades/downgrades. Sorry for not communicating it earler Frown

09-01-2016 12:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

Anyway the patch just add more unbalance, as Dooz say, reach people become magnates, and lower players, and thos players who use ritual for upgrades become pours.

GG !!

Please add 1 more patch like this to be sure 90% of players will leave the game !

09-01-2016 21:35 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

could it later be changed to be mana i tons of that left over
09-01-2016 23:49 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Rakmajeej

Registration Date: 11-18-2012
Clan: A.D.X

the worst update of the game was the new conversion rate of stones
now even with blocked any type of stones. players can convert their stones with losing some nanites that they have loads of them
and also the prices of items are just a miss
prices jump higher 3 or 4 times while we still git same old amount of stones from expos
and now we will start suffer on buying items from auctions

09-22-2016 15:42 Rakmajeej is offline Search for Posts by Rakmajeej Add Rakmajeej to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Rakmajeej: Hishamxabbass@yahoo.com
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Rakmajeej
the worst update of the game was the new conversion rate of stones
now even with blocked any type of stones. players can convert their stones with losing some nanites that they have loads of them
and also the prices of items are just a miss
prices jump higher 3 or 4 times while we still git same old amount of stones from expos
and now we will start suffer on buying items from auctions

Please no. You're going to re-start the nazi state of ban anyone that buys any item.

09-23-2016 22:17 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » UW idea - Changing the conversion rates of stones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH