Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » v 1.7.24 beta caravan changes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page v 1.7.24 beta caravan changes 4 Votes - Average Rating: 3.254 Votes - Average Rating: 3.254 Votes - Average Rating: 3.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sze, the whole caravan disabled if you do not pay for premium is fucked up

That is real pay to win.

No one is happy with that. You have to roll back on it, it makes no sense
02-08-2018 11:15 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi szeszej, I've often struggled to upgrade things, and I'm not a big fan of ritual, so I was thinking exchange moneypls for p5 and maybe even an option to buy stones and exp too.
Let me know when you want to use this idea, I will only charge small % as a consultation fee.

02-08-2018 11:30 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

v 1.7.24 beta caravan changes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well where do we start

we have ad caravans free sicne 2007

and then suddenly your going to slap on a price tag ?
thats harsh

the majority of players use caravan and now you have thrown up a paywall limiting it to premmy only
why the sudden change ?

if caravans now cost premium
we can chnage tat for premium
we can now change race for premium

i want to see evo reset for premium plz
or resource packs 1k evos for 1 day premmy

4 lvl 4 runes for : 1 day premmy

Pretty good job so far (*_*)/

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-08-2018 11:41.

02-08-2018 11:39 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2017
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Howl

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Disabling the caravan option is nasty..
why would you guys do that??

Without this option, i doubt id be
able to do any quests, RL is
demanding enough lol, without
having to sit through 6/7 failed quests..

On the other side of it, half our
clan uses luck/runic gear, demand on the gear
would be far too great..

Confused
02-08-2018 12:09 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

Removing caravan is a bad idea with alts people would have to sit there for ages for the quest to be done
02-08-2018 17:05 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I've merged Ba_al's thread with some posts from the thread about carnival bonuses, I think this will be a better place to discuss this.

Thank you all for you feedback, I'll be able to give you a more detailed answer soon. If you have anything more to add, please do so.

02-08-2018 18:07 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

i think feedback is going to be pretty similer

1.why have you put a paywall on a feature thats been free since game start (11 years+)

2. what is the justifaction for this paywall ?

3rd.why wasnt this mentioned before ? its a big change and happening un announced is poor communication between devs/players

4.is there any plans to add other paywalls to certain features

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-08-2018 18:23 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Why have you added this stupid patch with no caravan????

I say we boy cott across all severs dont buy the caravan deluxe
02-08-2018 21:51 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Why we must pay for deluxe if i don't want to use deluxe, i want only a simple caravan.

We insist for a simple caravan! even as a premium but not removing it at all.

02-08-2018 22:03 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

The thing with the normal caravan was that it was actually used very little. Although I understand that it must have been used by you all (you wouldn't be posting here otherwise), it wasn't a very popular option with the general populace. It was simply bad to use the normal caravan - you can get the same drops by doing just a couple of pilgrimages instead of full 24 in a caravan.

I know what you're thinking - it was bad, but it saved me some time and it was already in the game, why remove it? The problem was the app - the dev team of the app would have to program a funtionality that is basically bad and very few people use it. Since we want to the app and the browser version to have the same functionality, the option had to go.

02-09-2018 05:32 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Oh you mean the people using normal caravan weren't making you enough cash so squeeze them for a bit more. Short term gains don't often play out well in the long run. App or not it's been gone about in a very poor manner.

02-09-2018 07:39 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I understand we could have notified you earlier and we're sorry for that. However, the normal caravan really was used by only a small fraction of our playerbase. Removing the option just to squeeze some extra cash from such a small group wouldn't make much sense - the group was already small from the beginning and there's no guarantee they'll suddenly start using the paid caravan. A vast majority of changes you're currently seeing (quality of life improvement mainly but also major things like removing direct trades) are due to the app.

02-09-2018 07:47 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

will we lose chat on the app or will the servers still be localised?

02-09-2018 07:50 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The thing with the normal caravan was that it was actually used very little. Although I understand that it must have been used by you all (you wouldn't be posting here otherwise), it wasn't a very popular option with the general populace. It was simply bad to use the normal caravan - you can get the same drops by doing just a couple of pilgrimages instead of full 24 in a caravan.

I know what you're thinking - it was bad, but it saved me some time and it was already in the game, why remove it? The problem was the app - the dev team of the app would have to program a funtionality that is basically bad and very few people use it. Since we want to the app and the browser version to have the same functionality, the option had to go.

SZ: Since we want to the app and the browser version to have the same functionality, the option had to go.

the option might have gone but the core mechanics/functionaility is still their just behind a paywall ?
im sure you will be implementing caravan deluxe for app so what gives ?

with the App approaching are you going to be turning this browser based game into another run of the mill flashy icon/lets see how many paywalls we can put in place app game ?

edit;dont get me wrong Szese we all want the app tio succeed more players = more fun

but not if the cost is changing the game we love for the last 11+ years
into something different

edit2; your also suggesting the app can support a paid version of caravan but not a free version is quite laughable
im sure for the new players the app brings in ..you want them to stay around a while ,limiting them to single quests might not keep them around much..where a "taste" of free caravan might give the incentive to do that and they can purchase deluxe version if they stick around

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-09-2018 08:23.

02-09-2018 07:56 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

If your program team can't do it then you should ask a 16 year old to do it.

I think the attitude, it's too hard so let's not try is really sloppy

02-09-2018 08:05 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Indica - I'll try to find out but let's stay on topic Smile

faceeater - it's not that they can't, it's about putting the resources needed elsewhere. If they need to program a feature that's so rarely used, they'll have less time for more important features.

Ba_al - the paid version stays, because its presence is better justified - not only because it brings us money (and that allows us to make things for you), but it's actually beneficial for players while running the normal caravan is detrimental. The dev team said that they don't really see it working as they would have to explain to players somehow why the option is bad.

As for the icons, I don't think they're really that "flashy", it's just a quality of life improvement for browsers and probably a lifesaver for the app where getting item info will not be that easily seen.

02-09-2018 09:28 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

No you cant justify it by saying the app cant suport caravan if you can put the paid one in if the app cant suport caravan then the paid one needs to go aswell
02-09-2018 10:57 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

1. Imagine this on a scool board or at work - https://snag.gy/gEMnIo.jpg
Red icons with armory img on a white page - It's clearly not a working desk!

2. Cost of caravan is too expensive if you don't want to use consumables in quests, Delux caravan it's ok only if you want to use consumable.
So in case you want to have a caravan as a premium you must take in consideration that option - and cost of premium caravan in the badness must be half of the cost of caravan deluxe

I won't pay 75% of premium just to activate an option i don't use.. taking in consideration i already use Quests deluxe. I will prefer to do 2-3 quests per day but with no extra premiums

02-09-2018 11:07 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Also szeszej what has your market rescearch team say casue i ahvent seen a single text based app and i find it very difficult to get anyone to play this game cause it a text based game so what happends if the app fails do we still get ot keep the server game?

I play this game cuase i can run it in the background and if stuff for time to caravans

30min caravans you have to be on the game for 12hours constantly whos going to do that??

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fool: 02-09-2018 11:11.

02-09-2018 11:11 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

thats bull, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there are 49 active players in my clan,
at least 2/3 caravan daily..
i cant speak for other clans, but
reports are posted of caravans daily on global.

and were gonna suffer because of the app??
were the hardcore who`ve been here all the way (pretty much),
im 9 years playing, and topping up..

if its a new playerbase youre after,
youre going the right way Confused
02-09-2018 20:16 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

RE: thats bull, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can now no longer quest with my alts and if i don't have time to quest due to a working life, i have to lose my quests because i can't caravan them. Additionally the cost for caravan is absolutely ridiculous.
There are huge complaints across the server, please change this.
02-10-2018 16:45 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

main reason I can see for removing a caravan with an upcoming app...

lot of mobile apps get money for people seeing adverts i'd assume the Bloodwars app is going to be no different? Taking this in to account adverts will play, per click/refresh or on a time on the app basis, sooo taking that in to account giving people a free way to avoid spending time on the app or clicking on on the app that would trigger the adverts will lose the devs money.

This is not me saying it is a good thing to do!

main question will premium remove adds? If not i see very little reason to carry on paying premium for this once the app is done, as there is allot better and more rewarding app games I could be playing IF I wanted to play that kind of money grabbing game...

I have supported the devs with premium because I enjoy the game and have always appreciated how they seemed to care more for the game and what they have made rather than money, not feeling that so much any more.

Considering the heavy RNG I might just take the money that would go to the devs and start playing slot machines, same thing end of the day, with the possibility of more reward.

02-10-2018 20:21 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by fool
so what happends if the app fails do we still get ot keep the server game?

App or no app, BloodWars will still be available as a browser game.

As for some other points - if anyone has any feedback about the patch that's not caravan related, please create another thread. It's difficult to keep track of (and respond to) everything here.

02-11-2018 19:26 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

No one else is saying anything else thats not related to caravan its a blanten money grab i sorry if you free that its not but forcing people to do buy caravan is

You state that no one use it but judging by gobal and this a lot do

You havent answered on doing 24 pilgrims and how hard it be do to with out spending extra premium
02-12-2018 00:51 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge

I actually use the caravan without premium, and I am sorry but you removing this looks ONLY like you are removing a feature which you cannot monetize.

Whatever excuse you give us, it won't matter. I cannot imagine that this puts any kind of load on the servers, it's a feature like all other hundreds of features.

There is ZERO reason to remove normal caravan, ZERO - except wanting to make money.

So I am sorry, but I don't have time to quest one by one, and I refuse to pay 20 euros per month to have all your features activated. This is a browser game, not world of warcraft.

I will loose in progression because I don't have time to do my quests, I will loose in drops, etc. The spiral goes on.

No reason to continue this game. The aim is to go higher in rankings and beat others. You remove a feature which allows us to xp without having to sit at computer 24/7.
Good luck with this shit.

I am going to close my account, after paying you premium, sometimes on multiple accounts, for over 10 years.

Good job.
02-12-2018 07:33 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

This game is now almost as expensive to run as games like Warcraft.

If the app can't caravan then don't put it on the app, different game different format. If the browser game will always be here then leave it alone and fix your new shiny app to play differently

02-12-2018 08:18 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Whatever excuse you give us, it won't matter.

Well, probably this, but I'll try anyway. According to our data, the normal caravan was used very rarely (and even most of those who did use it, did it only once). When the dev app team got to programming it, they said that it'll be difficult to explain to players that the option is simply bad for them. Instead of adding a feature that's plainly bad and rarely used, and wasting the dev team's time on it, we decided to remove it. You may believe it, you may not. We'll consider your feedback (some people in the other countries are also not happy) but the normal caravan is most likely not coming back.

Doing quests normally is a bit more time consuming but you don't need to run them all to get the same drops as on a caravan.

I'll let you know if there are any further developments on this matter, but there's really not much more I can say.

02-12-2018 09:57 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

You're a funny guy Szeszej, we've had some good laughs together, mostly you devs at us players. Have fun with laughing at the players that stay, can i just ask that you don't sell your asshole to the devil for increased currency gains too frequently; bloodwars didn't have much going for it before you decided to rail people for app monies Big Grin

02-12-2018 10:29 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: [BoS]

I dont understand why you need to explain anything more than you already did about caravans... do a caravan, recieve less drops per quest. If people cant understand how that is "bad" they wont do well in bloodwars anyway and probably wont play long enough to unlock the feature to begin with. Some people are happy to loose out on drops to get more exp and treasure points.
It was very useful when going through pilgrimages for the first time. Repeatedly waiting 30mins to get "peace and quiet, what a boring journey" truely is boring. Caravans at least made it less tedious to engage with.

Hope you realise the game is gradually becoming pay to win/play, which will cost you many of the playerbase you have left and discourage many of the players you hope to gain through the app...

10 years of playing and speaking well of BW due to it not being a moneygrabbing game... not sure how much longer that'll last now
(PS, I live in Vietnam these days and have no way to purchase premium from here due to being unable to make international payments, including paypal, so caravans are now entirely inaccessable to me)

02-13-2018 00:58 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

Sorry szej but thats not right..
at least 30%-50% used caravan option daily!

the fail rate hasnt been changed, drops still suck,
and its pretty tedious doing quests in this manner daily!
ive no need to top up premium now,
because i wont spend 45 days premium per month
just to fail quests!!
its outrageous..

you could have at the least made quest times shorter....

BloodWars is dying and you guys can save it..

BRING BACK CARAVANS PLEASE.
02-13-2018 11:16 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

First thing indica has ever said I agree with, when arseholes like me and indica agree you should listen, all us arseholes cant be wrong

02-13-2018 21:33 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

True that, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when the server unites over an issue,
its up to the devs to rectify it..

BRING BACK THE CARAVAN OPTION!!!
02-14-2018 10:55 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

From what I've read, plus the lacklustre responses from Sze made me want to make this quite fitting picture.

Unholy Emperor has attached this image (reduced version):
_20180214_122012.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 02-14-2018 12:29.

02-14-2018 12:28 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge

Bring back caravan !!!

I stopped questing since you removed it, i bately have time in a day to log in and start/join expos/koth.
Wish I could just start caravan and go back to doing ehst I was doing.

And no i do not want to start spending an extra 45 premium when i didn't before just cos you say “no one used it”.
You either have the wrong numbers or you are lying.

I want caravan back.

You have no good valid reason for removing it and no one understands you.
02-18-2018 07:10 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

Uuh-Rah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen Scourge!!
02-18-2018 19:07 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

What is the percentage of the player base for the UK server that pays for the caravan deluxe?

02-19-2018 11:25 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Szeszej
Administrator

Sorry for no responses, I've been really sick. But still, there's not much I can really say - even if I give you the percentages, why would you believe me if you don't believe me know? I could be making them up. Everything I had to say, I've already said.

What I can promise you is that I'll let Konrad and SM know that you are deeply dissatisfied.

02-19-2018 12:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Considering how many people are complaining its hard to belive not many people use them
Not only that when ever i seen someone bragging about an item they have found it alleys been a list of quests not a singular quest

Also if you removed caravan deluxe i think people would belive you about not using caravan or it is hard for the app to have caravan but since you have deluxe which you have to pay for even if only a small percent use caravan it does look like you are doing it for the money

Szezej think about it why can you have deluxe in the app but not regular? It's cant be a programming issue because its the same thing
02-20-2018 00:59 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

As I said, it's not really a programming issue. It's the issue of the app dev team being unable to show in a satisfactory way that doing a caravan is actively detrimental for you.

02-21-2018 05:42 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

whut?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"It's the issue of the app dev team being unable to show in a satisfactory way that doing a caravan is actively detrimental for you."

so its bad for our health?
or bad for our gaming experience??
or is it just about the money??

you activated a new patch this morning,
caravans weren`t part of it..

i dont have the need now to top up premium
because its a waste!
12 quests and 8 ambushes is plenty when
i have to sit through failed quests daily,
id rather be gaining evo points and xp..
02-21-2018 11:06 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » v 1.7.24 beta caravan changes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH