Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Apply Season 2 Changes Now! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Apply Season 2 Changes Now!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Apply Season 2 Changes Now! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been thinking about this one. The only logical reason not to apply them is that it will mess up peoples dynasty achievements.

I raise a counter argument.
  • Changing it now makes it harder for new players to compete for Dynasty awards. 100% true.
  • However, unless the top 5 quit, new players will never catch up to them. So its a moot point.
  • New players are getting farmed to death which is forcing them out of the game.
  • Meaning, it doesn't matter whether the changes are made now or when S2 starts. Because none of the new players stick around to make it that far.

I hear what you're saying, and sure. Experienced players can work around this and help the new players who dont know what to do.
But even then, this is not an enjoyable experience for anyone involved.
  • New players are forced out of the game because they're starved.
  • Experienced players are mega frustrated due to the immense time wasted with bickering and doing 64 attacks a day (mostly against inactive players).

I would hazard a guess that the devs have realized this problem based on the recent changes in the patch notes. I assume they kept the changes to S2, so they dont mess up S1 statistics. OK, sure. But these changes are needed the MOST of servers in S1.

Will it mess up the dynasty statistics? Sure. But it will give the servers the best possible chance at growth. And I think thats worthy trade off. Maybe the devs dont... but its certainly worth a discussion ^^

As a tangent topic: If you want to test things, have muuuch shorter seasons of testing periods.
1 month long? Sure, I'll play in that! 1 week long and everyone starts out with prebuilt accounts to do the testing? Heck, i bet everyone would play that.

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

11-12-2020 09:09 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We would like the rules not to change mid-season. You'll get the updates soon enough Smile

11-12-2020 10:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Soon enough? Hmm I dont know about that. I don't think we'll see it this year - which means many months of 64 attacks per day and new players being harassed to extinction Crying

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

11-12-2020 14:53 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Apply Season 2 Changes Now!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH