Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Siege error » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Siege error
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Siege error Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 13485

Problem description: Error in a siege.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=fd95c392c7

I had 267/623 HP, and the first 2 attacks in the siege hit me for 283 damage. Why didnt i die after those 2 hits?
10-12-2008 14:52 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: -END-

RE: Siege error Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

must have been a glitch so the server must have calculated the dmg wrong?????????.
10-12-2008 18:37 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

siege's have always been glitched, i thought it was common knowledge to be honest. things like people with wayyy lower stats able to dodge so much; the other day i was in a siege and someone with 28 agility managed to dodge 2 of my attacks (122 agility not including + to hits), and i had 53% chance of crit and only did 2 crits of of 9 hits... i have seen the same with people attacking me; haveing way higher perception and being able to dodge there hits.

but i have stoped ranting about stuff like this so; no comment

10-13-2008 05:39 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Knightroad, you problem was your bad luck. Minibob experienced a technical bug that has nothing to do with luck...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-13-2008 06:01 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Knightroad
Viking

good morning evan Smile
guess it could be luck, but its funny how it happens quite alot Wink
also it could be something to do with chance to hit of all weapons +XX.. who knows...
but yeah to the hp thing, maybe u picked up a lil blood the very second the siege fisnished and it wasnt calcutated? you do get +XX blood per hour...

10-13-2008 06:07 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

But the blood from buildings is added constantly. If you have +60 litres of blood per hour then you get 1 litre every minute.

The game system also calculates the hp when you are ambushed during the 2nd phase so obviously in minibob's case the game system contains a bug.

And don't speak about luck, I ask one more time. 53% chance for critical hit doesn't guarantee you 1 critical hit every two attacks. Percentage is NEVER accurate.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-13-2008 06:12 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
But the blood from buildings is added constantly. If you have +60 litres of blood per hour then you get 1 litre every minute.

Accuratly thou...? im pritty sure its not; not many people have exactly 60 or 120.. so every now and then you gain 2/3/4 liters of blood every min. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
The game system also calculates the hp when you are ambushed during the 2nd phase so obviously in minibob's case the game system contains a bug.

Maybe the siege ended during a ranking update...? It is rare but it does happen. Can the server calculate things while it updates 100% accuratly, its only a machine after all...? Ranking takes about a min and 30 seconds, and he maybe gained say 18lts durning that time and blood wasnt calculated with his total hp...?

guess admins will know Smile

10-13-2008 06:53 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
guess it could be luck, but its funny how it happens quite alot

You obviosly have awful luck... I remember a 2H user without tattoos criticalling me four attacks out of four with a light two handed.

I only have 15% chance crit yet in one ambush I hit a critical on all my attacks, that's 16 attacks

As for the siege, I think it was quite simply a bug, maybe it's not calibrated for 1 on 1 sieging?

Your imperfection.
10-13-2008 11:37 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

This is actaully a real bug and we're looking into fixing it. Please post all sieges where such errors happen.

10-13-2008 15:12 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Siege error

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH