Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » why are cos so hated » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page why are cos so hated
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have always a ccepted farming as a part of life, its very important as it runs the economy of the game, as its through farming that blood, money and people move through the system. i have been playing for nearly a year now and have learnt to accept it, even though i am guilty of farming, but if anyone asks me to stop, then i will. as lysander said though, farming is a way of driving you on, as you want to beat the people who farm you, it also shows you what equipment people use weapon wise if your not on the board, which can help a lot. its not just the high levels that farm the low levels, i spent a week being farmed by someone with half as many points as me because he had a supperior rep set, although after a while i managed to beat him and he stopped. so if you have problems with farming try to beat the farmer, or ask him to lay off a bit, not completly stop but lay of a little
10-22-2008 19:20 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i cant say i hate [cos]

i remmeber lynne back when she was 17pts lol

we used to attack each other the whole time....

i remember asking for a truce to whicj she agreed and we actually never attacked each other since..

but i cant say id be to happy with the responce she gave hayz_moonlight.

still i rarely attack low lvls but if i do if i got a msg complaining it would piss me off slightly....

i dont get attacked much but when i do i dont fly off the handle.getting attacked is part of the game.
10-22-2008 19:28 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Faceeater I haven't farmed you daily for a long time now Tongue

I know there are people who secretly(or not so secretly)hate me because I farm them. I can live with that. I've been consistently farmed since day 1 playing this game. It was frustrating at first but then I realized it becomes inevitable and eventually you do understand why it's done and will do it yourself. You really have to try and not take it so personally. The complaining about having resources drained.... Be thankful you have any at all. I only get resources to do expo or make sure I'm healthy for the end of a siege. 95% of the time I have 0 blood and hardly any people. low mid level are not the only ones who have it tough. Everyone struggles in one way or another. I have to go lower in ranks for blood because nobody I can beat in the top 50 ever seems to have any. So I get xp from higher ranks and resources from lower ranks, but to even do this you are competing with other bloodthirsty vamps in the same position. The blood pool is limited so sometimes you tend to stick with hitting the ones you know usually have the resources you want.

You can ask people to stop farming but they don't have to and they don't even have to be nice about it either. CoS are most certainly not the only clan to farm so if that's the reason they are hated...then half the clans on the first clan ranks page should be hated as well. I think CoS as a whole is really not so bad. The expression "Don't let 1 bad apple spoil the whole bunch" comes to mind. Every clan has an ass or 2, or 3 in it. If they farm you, take their number and hit em back once your stronger. It's not unrealistic. I don't think being farmed is the only reason for not growing at a faster pace. There's probably others areas of a persons gameplay that need improvement. Like I said, I've been farmed daily since day 1 and I've still made it to the top 50 and I don't play the game anywhere near as strategically as others with their rep sets, and sets for this and that and changing 50 times a day lol.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 10-23-2008 04:25.

10-23-2008 04:24 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
but how are lower players ever meant to overcome the players higher up when resources are constantly drained due to farming?

Well lets think. Hespera was a lower level than me when she started, Knightroad started when I was 40 points... it makes sense. Look at how knightroad and Tiger_claw shot through the ranks, you can see that with a little luck also you can really go far.

Hayz be patient, I have been at this two years abouts and haven't broached 100 points, but you haven't been here long at all and have nearly caught me up, so surely it is possible to outstrip your betters.

Farming happens, I actually get farmed by a ranged user with 85% critical chance who is a LOWER level than me, I farmed a 220 pointer until I wa i the same clan as him, farming can go either way.... how is CESARZ meant to get resources Without attacking lower ranks

Your imperfection.
10-23-2008 08:22 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
quote:
but how are lower players ever meant to overcome the players higher up when resources are constantly drained due to farming?

Well lets think. Hespera was a lower level than me when she started, Knightroad started when I was 40 points... it makes sense. Look at how knightroad and Tiger_claw shot through the ranks, you can see that with a little luck also you can really go far.

luck!?!? i worked bloody hard to get were i am now Frown i swaped from gunner to melee with almost no stones and only a bandana of adrenaline and crule 2h sword; and it took me nearly 100 points to get my black dragon badge. and probs another 50 points on top of that to get my equipment i have now; when i started the BK line i was farmed 24/7 by every bugger above me and below me as i was useing a crule 2h sword and was so easy to beat it wasnt funny -.-
anyways thats why my win lose ratio is so crap. its only in the last month or 2 that my wins have over taken my loses; not long ago they were about the same.

tiger... well thats what happens when you jump from clan to clan doing expo's every day Wink minshres did the same... partners in crime Wink

as for the rest of it... meh to early in the morning Tongue

10-23-2008 08:43 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
how is CESARZ meant to get resources Without attacking lower ranks

Attacking yes, no problem. I just don't see why someone would hit the same target 2+ times a day.

Their resources will be gone, and the more you attack someone the less exp points you get.

There are people i attack once a day, most days. I don't see that as farming, but if one of them asked me to stop i would lay-off, provided they ask nicely.

And to go back to the topic, i don't think it's the farming as such that Hayz is objecting to, more-so the attitude of the leader, which faceeater effectively re-inforced.

You ask why you're hated, which i presumed to mean that if people maybe pointed out the errors of the clan's ways, you were willing to change, or at least take on board what's said.

Hayz made, in my opinion, a valid complaint about the attitude of your leader, and your response has been to agree with your leader's obnoxious reply. I agree with you in one respect, this thread serves no purpose.
10-23-2008 10:38 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
I agree with you in one respect, this thread serves no purpose.

Actually it has shown something. That there are people who cannot cope with being attacked twice daily.

Someone asks me to stop I won't unless they provide a reason, such as one person wanting to get people together for an expo, that's simply good manners, but this is a game, get over yourselves and play instead of complaining because people of higher levels attakc you regularly.

quote:
Their resources will be gone, and the more you attack someone the less exp points you get.

This is not necessarily true, because they will be attacking people too... normally I attack once in the morn and once in the eve if I can, thus they'll have replenished their resources makign them ripe for taking.

Faceeater I agree with you and Cos in this.

Your imperfection.
10-23-2008 10:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Clan: end

i am one player that can prob count myself lucky that i dont get attacked by high players bueven if i did get attacked it wouldnt bother me unless i was trying to get resources for my expos or something like thats

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
10-23-2008 10:48 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Actually it has shown something. That there are people who cannot cope with being attacked twice daily.

Cannot cope? Hardly. Don't appreciate? Definitely.

quote:
that's simply good manners

Simply good manners? Interesting turn of phrase considering my main point has been the manner of response from Lynne to Hayz and how it might have created ill-feeling towards her and her clan.

I re-iterate, i have no problem with CoS or any of their members, merely presenting a point of view. That being that while farming is inevitable, being partonising and obnoxious to people through messages will inevitably cause bad feeling.
10-23-2008 22:56 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
, being partonising and obnoxious to people through messages will inevitably cause bad feeling.

Not really. I acutally thought that if you got worked up about that then you may as well be playing a disney game, I mean honestly it's created ill feelings. boo hoo, wait til you get someone (Not naming) make a jibe about your father, THEN you can say they are ill treating, otherwise go and play a disney game, it was simply a nice suggestion to someone who clearly cannot cope with the game structure

Your imperfection.
10-23-2008 23:09 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Your definition of nice evidently differs from mine, and if you want to suggest that it was actually intended as helpful advice that's up to you.

I'll say no further on the subject.
10-23-2008 23:13 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by faceeater

can i say hou i personally get blood,

first i go to the lowest player in z4 i can hit, next i hit the z4 just above them then above them and so on, i dont go back the same day, but i do the next day, sorry its as simple as that, if you dont want me to hit you get off that page, it means if you get a move on and jump the page i wont hit you, also i only hit until i get blood once i get it i turn my attention to expo/siege second phase, i never use blood in my attacks on higher players as its a waste, and if i attack with 0l of blood i still get results, so i only need 500/1000l of blood to do what i need, and the lower the player the moor blood you are going to have, if a player 6 pages below me has 5k blood its a good hit for me, however if that player hits 5 pages below them that player is likely to have 50k blood, you try and figure out why we hit downwards

10-24-2008 09:41 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by faceeater
can i say hou i personally get blood,

first i go to the lowest player in z4 i can hit, next i hit the z4 just above them then above them and so on, i dont go back the same day, but i do the next day, sorry its as simple as that, if you dont want me to hit you get off that page, it means if you get a move on and jump the page i wont hit you, also i only hit until i get blood once i get it i turn my attention to expo/siege second phase, i never use blood in my attacks on higher players as its a waste, and if i attack with 0l of blood i still get results, so i only need 500/1000l of blood to do what i need, and the lower the player the moor blood you are going to have, if a player 6 pages below me has 5k blood its a good hit for me, however if that player hits 5 pages below them that player is likely to have 50k blood, you try and figure out why we hit downwards

I admit - I do exactly the same - I should imagine most people do. I never hit the same person twice in a day, unless it is a mistake. The way I see it, there are plenty of people below me to attack for resources. But in honesty - I only attack lower levels when I'm desperate; because I'm more interested in getting exp from attacks; so I usually spend most of daily attacks on people who give me good exp; and if I get resources from them as well, then that is a good day! Big Grin

I guess my main reason for hitter a lower player for resources is because the attack usually gets through & is succesfull. Most of the time high level players do have resources (although blood is usually the lowest), but those attacks are harder to win.

I understand lower players get annoyed about this, but is a fact of the game. I think the real insult, is if the person who is attacking you is an a***hole about it or not. If people complain to me about me attacking them, I like to think I'm usually quite nice about it & explain why I'm doing it, & usually give them a break. And in most cases like that, the other person is usually then ok about it as well, and will understand if it happens again.

I think the main point of this discussion is not that people dislike being farmed; it is the fact that there are some people in this game who can be real jerk-offs about it, and think that because they are a higher level than someone in a virtual game, they are also a better person than them & can therefore talk down to them. And that is just ridiculous.

My words of advice? Are the same as the ones used in the film & music business:-
"Always be nice to people when you are on the way up; because you will always meet them again when you are on the way down." Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-24-2008 13:21 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
quote:
quote:

luck!?!? i worked bloody hard to get were i am now Frown i swaped from gunner to melee with almost no stones and only a bandana of adrenaline and crule 2h sword; and it took me nearly 100 points to get my black dragon badge. and probs another 50 points on top of that to get my equipment i have now; when i started the BK line i was farmed 24/7 by every bugger above me and below me as i was useing a crule 2h sword and was so easy to beat it wasnt funny -.-
anyways thats why my win lose ratio is so crap. its only in the last month or 2 that my wins have over taken my loses; not long ago they were about the same.

tiger... well thats what happens when you jump from clan to clan doing expo's every day Wink minshres did the same... partners in crime Wink

as for the rest of it... meh to early in the morning Tongue

jumping clan to clan? i would stay at DARK but expos over there are pheonixes, i gain nothing from them, so i have to go to DB, so 2 clans is hardly clan hopping, and when i go to other clans it is to gain POH which alot of players do, so are they all clan hoppers?
i worked bloody hard to get where i am, and its not like the plaers in my expos do way more damage than me, i mean i can keep up with sqeshu's damage in expos, and look in battelfield on how i have built gears to help me win more?
clan hopping my arse.
10-24-2008 13:33 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I can't believe people are complaining about getting ht twice a day...

Look. I get absolutely SLAUGHTERED. Sometimes twice a day, mostly beaten the crap out of by all comers.

It's a simple fact. I never really cared about my defence, only accumulating EXP. I used to hit my top marks twice a day where I could, getting as much EXP as I could, but I had to start the day the same way each time.

Find blood.

I start every single session with 0 blood. I can't remember the last time I logged on positive. Back in the day or now.

You just farm down and work around it!

Someone farmed your blood? First attack of the day: FARM DOWN YOURSELF!

The blood will circulate.

Building some options is a dedicated task. You just spend all your ambushes finding blood to do it. This, too, is a fact of the game. It isn't a problem!

Tomorrow, I'll sit down and ask myself, do I want to advance my character, or get the next Taxi and Old Market?

You don't have to build often, you just have to detour when you want it. And no-one really NEEDS a level 5 + Old Market, anything that blood intensive is pure luxery.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-27-2008 02:58 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

quote:

Someone asks me to stop I won't unless they provide a reason, such as one person wanting to get people together for an expo, that's simply good manners, but this is a game, get over yourselves and play instead of complaining because people of higher levels attakc you regularly.

then your as much of an a** as lynne is, you completely missed my point like some others here, i wasnt complaining about getting attacked by higher pointers everyone gets it, its a war game its expected.. i was complaining about the attitude you get from them when you simply ask them to lay off for abit as you have no resources yourself.

quote:
I think the main point of this discussion is not that people dislike being farmed; it is the fact that there are some people in this game who can be real jerk-offs about it, and think that because they are a higher level than someone in a virtual game, they are also a better person than them & can therefore talk down to them. And that is just ridiculous

Cthu thats my point (: theres no need to be a complete a** about it if someone asks you to leave off attacking them for a while (: just cause your better than someone in a game doesnt mean your anything special irl, at the end of the day we all sit down to cr*p (stars there for small people who may read)

quote:
This is not necessarily true, because they will be attacking people too... normally I attack once in the morn and once in the eve if I can, thus they'll have replenished their resources makign them ripe for taking.

yeah so you get enough blood to get you through the day with attacks etc. then the same person that took it all comes back & takes it all again.

quote:
otherwise go and play a disney game, it was simply a nice suggestion to someone who clearly cannot cope with the game structure

like Nouveau said your opinion of nice clearly differs from others.

Most of you have missed the point of what i was saying completely & ended up twisting it to something else. Whatever i say im clearly wasting my breath with because your not getting what im trying to say anyway.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 10-27-2008 14:46.

10-27-2008 14:44 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
i was complaining about the attitude you get from them when you simply ask them to lay off for abit as you have no resources yourself.

Maybe so. But ultimately it's a game. You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over a game. thing is I hate people like that, obsessives who believe they are gods gift to gaminfg. It's part of the game to be farmed, heck if someones got a husriken I'm finished, I get farmed by people higher and lower levels. You're a higher level than me hayz and I remember you farming me, did I complain? Nope. I uocld't care, if you can't take the brutal structure then don't play. My problems with this game have no orient on difficulty to get blood

Your imperfection.
10-28-2008 01:08 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

1) Im not an obsessive who thinks im gods gift to gaming whatever thats meant to mean.

2) IM a higher level than you?? haha ok then this sound familiar?

quote:
Hayz be patient, I have been at this two years abouts and haven't broached 100 points, but you haven't been here long at all and have nearly caught me up, so surely it is possible to outstrip your betters.

stating im NOT higher than you & if I am now by one or two points I gained them yesterday & this morning.

*edits* FYI how the hell am I supposed to have farmed you when I dont even know your in game name (as its not Raxis) & according to someone else you have insane agility?? im 1h melee too it wouldnt make sense for me to go attempt to kill you when you have way more agility & the same weapon set up.. god use your head *end of edits*

& that brings us to 3.. I can take the brutal structure of the game otherwise I wouldnt play it like you said, it'd be pointless to play a game your gonna get upset or cry over, however I do neither of these.

Faceeater asked why CoS where hated I gave HIM a reason, not you, I've spoken to him & from what I can see its been resolved. You've stuck your nose in & carried it on just to get the last word in, well I tell you what you have fun here arguing with yourself, meanwhile im going to go play BW, get higher & go beat my farmers (:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 10-30-2008 02:24.

10-30-2008 02:16 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » why are cos so hated

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH