Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » I think I'm getting bored of Monk... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I think I'm getting bored of Monk...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

I think I'm getting bored of Monk... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This happens every now and again, but I tend to get past it eventually. It's just the samey nature grinding me down Tongue

The thing is, I'm actually thinking about switching to 1-handed guns. They just seem to appeal to me more then being a bizarre anti-gunner melee weirdo (although that HAS been pretty fun in the past).

Something more unusual. Collector, or probably more likely Gangster because what I love about Monk the most is the dodge and the accumulating damage.

Hmmmm... Just musing, but someone feel free to talk me back off the ledge Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-29-2008 01:35 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHy is it when I change to a tattoo everyone does :S

Gangster from my first view is great, I prefer it simpyl bcasue it does not worry about crits.... however I think the monk is quite powerful already, surely you wanna catch Ba_alzamion back Tongue

If you go gangster then use hunters shirt unless you can really boost your percep, since you have no fear of the crit loss anyways

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 01:40 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm thinking, if I DO end up serious about this, I'll finally make my decision when I get the chance to become a Cursed One or not.

Finding Lengendary guns would help swing it though Tongue

The Monk thing could do it for me yet, I think part of it is the culture shock from getting back into the game.

I don't have the Rep to stalk the higher teir gunners anymore, I don't have the agility or damage to compete with melee...

I'm doing alright out of the middle teir gunmen. Quests aren't too bad. I can manage 2/3 points per 24 hour session (when I'm not distracted by rebuilding requirements).

But with Monk an uphill struggle at the best of times, it can feel like I'm getting nowhere...

10-29-2008 02:18 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Surely you set out to prove the monk was worth it. Imagine having two legendary 1H weapons, that's fourty five percent dodge against guns.

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 02:25 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber

noooo

you cant change tats...your the first tru monk on this server c,mon herald u cant quit.
10-29-2008 07:28 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Even if you change please don't become a collector with guns.

10-29-2008 10:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

Don't worry, I think I snapped out of it.

Just hit one of this servers famous lows...

I think the new expo patch isn't helping. Monks aren't the best loved path as it is, I'll have a hell of a time doing anything now Frown

Ba_alzemon is fine. Lucky git is a Cultist Tongue

10-29-2008 16:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

But you get an extra attack! Thats nice for a Monk, isn't it? We chose a harder path, but I know you can take it to top50 (and even more)!

10-30-2008 00:01 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hehehe - I know how you feel HoGC

I am getting p****ed off at being a Collector; the whole defense minimum thing is really annoying, most of time, my tattoo is not working because I haven't got decent, high level armour or pants to do the job.. well I have, but I can't get them to a higher level bcos my stats need to go up.... ahh!

But I just don't see another worthy, interesting tattoo at the moment. Frown

I know, I know, I'm just moaning. Am going through one of those lows with you.

Any suggestions?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-30-2008 08:48 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Go Black Knight?

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
10-30-2008 10:53 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Lol - that was almost amusing. Tongue

Or were you offering that suggestion to HoGC?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-30-2008 13:14 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

No to you ;p

It's actually quite enjoyable I think; should try it sometime.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
10-30-2008 13:18 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » I think I'm getting bored of Monk...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH