Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » upgrading items » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page upgrading items
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

upgrading items Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was thinking and i'm sure i'm not the only 1 that must b thinking this so here goes.. when u upgrade something from +5 to good if ur succesfull can't the devs actually lock it so that it doesn't drop below food and the same can go for good+5 to perfect, but still keep the reduce by 3 lvls but only between the relevent points. that way it will improve peoples attitudes as i know the major thing that p^%& me and i'm sure every 1 else is the waste in stones to upgrade ur gear. any 1 think that's a good idea or if it's a bad idea.. if bad the devs might consider it. lol

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-29-2008 01:58 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll put it this way...

If they DID have this block in place, I wouldn't have quit the game.

I'm a full premium player, shortened times, full expanded armoury, and I walked out.

Boom. Money gone. Thank you, goodbye.

Over upgrades.

It's the only thing that feels hopeless. Everything else you can deal with via hard work, but it can get painfully annoying if you DARE to attempt to upgrade your stuff.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-29-2008 02:22 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by icecold
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i know exactly how u feel and the ritual takes so long to save up for as well

10-29-2008 02:30 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

devs! a bad idea! u HAVE to put it in right now! Big Grin lmao, is a great idea Smile would save so much stones :o

10-29-2008 03:09 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Indeed. I have lsot SO MANY stones going from +5 to good.

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 03:30 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I don't see the point of the G+5 to Perfect one because if you fail at Perfect or higher the item gets destroyed.

10-29-2008 08:09 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
icecold
Triple Ace

really, i didn't know that Shocked

10-29-2008 09:35 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Yeah, and it's is bloody expensive as well:

Item: Perfect Cap of Sun

The effect of upgrade: Perfect Cap of Sun (+1)

Next levels:
Perfect Cap of Sun (+2)
Perfect Cap of Sun (+3)

Used stone: Soulstone: 1
Chance of success: 30 %
The effect if the transformation fails: Item dissolves

Bit harsh I think Wink

10-29-2008 09:37 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
icecold
Triple Ace

now that is shit. don't c much incentive to go past good+5 then Mad they should get rid of it bieng destroyed. thats just shit

10-29-2008 09:43 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber

very good idea icecold.

we have all lost so many stones getting an item to good that it really makes you wanna quit.having a lock in place would be brilliant.

this would make everyone sooo happy DEVS u have to no u must do this!!!!!!!!!
10-29-2008 10:18 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

would be lovely ...

but for more then sure it will never happen :-)
10-29-2008 10:21 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

You're probqbly right it wont.

Annoying because uzis get an attac at perfect +1

You need to merge your way up

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 10:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

i quite like the idea icecold Wink
though I think the perfect items should simply be given the option of "ritual of Blood" rather than removing the "item dissolves" penalty.

only way to guarantee your items safety when upgrading past perfect right now is to merge and that would take huge amounts of mana/nanites, not to mention the ridiculous difficulty in getting the merge components Frown

10-29-2008 16:07 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Blowing an SS on a 30% chance is bad enough! Let's say this then...

Item Protection:

Comes with Premium Account.

Upgrading Good to Good +5, downgrades upon fail down to Good.

Upgrading Perfect to Perfect +5, doesn't dissolve, returns to Perfect instead.

It'll still take FOREVER AND A DAY, and more people would by Premium if it came with item prtection. Plenty of people are happy cruising for free, this would be a real insentive to pick up Premium days.

10-29-2008 16:56 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

wasn't thinking so much for prem, but just another way to stop people leaving and also can some 1 tell me where i'm gonna find over 10 amulets of levitation to get it to perfect +3. geesh talk about a way to kill the game 1's u get far enough into it

10-29-2008 23:12 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I was suggesting premium as a way for it to make business sense, and therefore hopefully appeal to the devs as an option.

They do listen SOMETIMES.

The expanded armoury happened.

One problem.

You posted this on the wrong section, this should be in Game System >.<

Any chance of a move off the Mods, so hopefully this gets back to the devs?

10-29-2008 23:38 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

i guess it does make sense and maybe they will listen but i very much doubt it. lol

10-29-2008 23:57 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » upgrading items

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH