Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Badges Suggestion ^_^ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Badges Suggestion ^_^ 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.405 Votes - Average Rating: 8.405 Votes - Average Rating: 8.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
True_Enigma

images/avatars/avatar-230.png

Registration Date: 08-02-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: -END-

Badges Suggestion ^_^ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Guys & Gals ^_^,

I would like to offer a suggestion regarding the badges. I was thinking it would be nice, when in other people's profiles (or your own), to click on their badges and to see the report of the expedition that got them their badge. Tongue

Of course, this would be an optional feature for people. They could toggle it on or off. They could *save* their report link in the edit profile page, under a new section of *badges reports*.

I know I would like this option for my own badges and I would love to see other people's reports. ^_^

P.s. If this is in the wrong forum, I am very sorry and feel free to move it to the correct forum. Smile

01-15-2009 20:00 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice idea. i like to show off my shinning badges Big Grin so i always save and past the link in my profile but i cannot add anymore not much space in profile.
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?a=profile&uid=23440

anayways gd idea Smile like it.

01-15-2009 20:04 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
True_Enigma

Thread Starter Thread Started by True_Enigma
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much Mins. Big Grin Btw, I am so jealous. *drools all over Mins' badges, then quickly wipes away drool before getting beaten to a pulp* Tongue

01-15-2009 20:08 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Then get rid of the milion tiny characters Smile

The idea is nice. At least we could count how many badges did searing blood get. A pity I don't have all the links for my badges Frown

01-15-2009 20:10 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

u know instate of having to edit profile and ad the link. the dev could like attach the link to the badge right away know like automatic. the link gets attacked to the badge Smile then people wont have to ask to show the link and all that stuff. they should jus go to their profile and click on the badge and drool on it Tongue

reduces spam clan message as well.

01-15-2009 20:25 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
True_Enigma

Even better, less work for us, I like your thinking, lol. Big Grin

01-15-2009 20:27 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

that would be awesome if the winning expo reports hooked up to badges. I could finally delete things in my saved messages...LOL. And I wouldn't have to go hunting through my saved messages or even better, the boards to find a link to show someone my badge win.

I wonder how much coding that would take. hm.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-16-2009 16:48 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Good idea. Would be really great to have it.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-16-2009 18:54 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I agree. A direct link from the badge to the expo would be excellent.

Although, I would assume that having a badge section in your edit profile would be the easiest way for the Devs to bring this in. But that would still mean taking up space in your saved messages.

Either way, I wouldn't mind, because I would love to be able to see my successful badges by actually clicking on them! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-17-2009 14:03 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
True_Enigma

Thank you all for the support. Smile

01-18-2009 21:25 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

so???? whats gonna happen to this idea?

01-24-2009 09:10 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

would be nice to no if the other mods know about it (not just sjezej)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-24-2009 09:12 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

us other mods cant impliment it. i think it would be a good idea

01-24-2009 13:54 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

no, i mean devs!! Im used to saying mods from other boards!! Sorry!!

01-24-2009 14:27 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
sexymaida101

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: .DB./TCR

very good idea true Smile , hopefully it will happen soon if it does

01-24-2009 20:43 sexymaida101 is offline Search for Posts by sexymaida101 Add sexymaida101 to your Buddy List
True_Enigma

Thank you all for the support. Big Grin I look forward to hearing from the development team to see if it is a possiblity. I know it may take some time, but I am a patient woman. Tongue

01-25-2009 15:35 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

great idea ^^

but then with this addition, deleted messages could mess up the system. maybe if this idea would be introduced, the messages could be somehow attached to the badges, instead of in the saved message section. otherwise you'd have blank badge links, or worst case scenario, missing badges Red Face

creative idea, this would be a nice introduction Smile

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

02-23-2009 02:16 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Nice idea. would be awkard to do on underworld as loads of ppl havnt got ther expo links for some badges. Mabye on necro?
02-23-2009 09:25 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
PuniYa

Registration Date: 02-18-2009

U have my support Big Grin
02-23-2009 11:44 PuniYa is offline Search for Posts by PuniYa Add PuniYa to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

PuniYa, warning for spam. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion then just don't post.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-23-2009 11:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
True_Enigma

quote:
great idea ^^

but then with this addition, deleted messages could mess up the system. maybe if this idea would be introduced, the messages could be somehow attached to the badges, instead of in the saved message section. otherwise you'd have blank badge links, or worst case scenario, missing badges

creative idea, this would be a nice introduction

Thank you. Smile Yes, that is what I am hoping for, the message link will be completely seperate from the message center. I would imagine it will be in 'edit profile', under the description box, maybe there will be a edit badge link option, or something along those lines. ^_^

quote:
Nice idea. would be awkard to do on underworld as loads of ppl havnt got ther expo links for some badges. Mabye on necro?

I can understand your point. But I don't think it would be too awkard. Most people do keep their badge reports, or at least the ones that mean alot to them. Smile

03-04-2009 09:57 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by True_Enigma

I can understand your point. But I don't think it would be too awkard. Most people do keep their badge reports, or at least the ones that mean alot to them. Smile

Thats right, ive kept all of mine, my gf has kept all of hers, most people who ive asked have kept theirs, it could be implemented any server, not just the new ones

03-04-2009 10:11 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

Thats right, ive kept all of mine, my gf has kept all of hers, most people who ive asked have kept theirs, it could be implemented any server, not just the new ones

And what about those that haven't? Or only some?

And do you really expect the devs to go through everyones saved messages and link them to the badges?

03-04-2009 10:17 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

Yea, diablo has already said he doesnt have all of his, but I though the aim was for us to do it, so it may not be the actual badge fight we attach, but just their best against that beast maybe? (if they dont have their badge, its a suitable compensation)

03-04-2009 10:23 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Yea, diablo has already said he doesnt have all of his, but I though the aim was for us to do it, so it may not be the actual badge fight we attach, but just their best against that beast maybe? (if they dont have their badge, its a suitable compensation)

Right, well to implement that someone would have to physically go through everyone's messages and then decide based on pure opinion which was their "best against that beast"

I would be all for the idea, but only on Necropolis as in my opinion it's way too late on R1.

03-04-2009 10:27 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
but I though the aim was for us to do it

No, everyone does it themselves for their own messages, because not everyone will want their badges linked.

03-04-2009 10:29 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well that still means having to save the messages yourself then, which seems to defeat the purpose?

03-04-2009 10:38 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

RE: Badges Suggestion ^_^ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Hey Guys & Gals ^_^,

I would like to offer a suggestion regarding the badges. I was thinking it would be nice, when in other people's profiles (or your own), to click on their badges and to see the report of the expedition that got them their badge. Tongue

Of course, this would be an optional feature for people. They could toggle it on or off. They could *save* their report link in the edit profile page, under a new section of *badges reports*.

I know I would like this option for my own badges and I would love to see other people's reports. ^_^

Thats been the idea from the start??

EDIT: As in you save the mesage, then link it to your badge, it then comes out of your saved messages and sits under your badge until/if you replace it

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 03-04-2009 10:48.

03-04-2009 10:45 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

I must have got sidetracked by other people's posts then..

Then I definitely don't think its viable. Save the messages on your about me like Minshres has done.

Perhaps the most logical way to do it would be to allow BBcode for links like

[ URL=http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=6182060&key=57a3cbb9e1]Minshres
White Dragon Badge[ /URL]

But that's another matter.

03-04-2009 10:49 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Badges Suggestion ^_^

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH