Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch v 1.1.0.13 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Patch v 1.1.0.13 5 Votes - Average Rating: 7.405 Votes - Average Rating: 7.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was the day BoS reached top position. That time we didn't have junk, blood was raining everywhere and there were as many people as ants.

I agree with Mortis. I have +150 people/hours which as Nndungu said is not enough to start expeditions regulary.

01-14-2009 21:42 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
True. Do you remember?

Yes, I remember Smile 22.1.2008

Mortis has attached this image (reduced version):
people.jpg

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-14-2009 21:59 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

do you guys think another random event? Overpopulation = people production doubled

01-15-2009 09:05 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

No. Random events are way too random, even for this game! Tongue

I agree with all the above:
This patch makes starting expos easier - good

But additional people resources need to be put into the game. Maybe this patch will slowly create a high population of resources flowing through the game? Debatable. But it is still not enough to counter the high cost of building the Employment centre.

I am stuck at level 19. I need 75,000 to build level 20. This will enable me to produce 73 per hour. That is a pathetic cost/production ratio. Trying to get 75,000 people & keep them for any length of time ino order to prepare your building requirements is near on impossible.

I know all the arguments about, this is a game where you are meant to take resources from other players, blah, blah, blah. But I can't help but feel that this is another justification for the Devs to actually play their own game from time to time, then maybe they will see how frustrating it can be, and why we are always having to bitch about it & them on this forum. Frown

What do we want?
More people!
When do we want them?
NOW! Big Grin Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 01-15-2009 13:24.

01-15-2009 13:18 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I agree with most of what was said. The patch is great but we need more people production.
I mean today when I wanted to start an expo I had to attack almost 5 people just to get 25K. There's something a bit wrong with that picture.
Maybe a new building or even make it so the buildings we have produce more. even just adding a '0' at the end to what they produce would be good.

I have to copy Cthulhu (lol):
What do we want?
More People!
When do we want them?
NOW! Big Grin Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-15-2009 17:54 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
What do we want?
More People!
When do we want them?
NOW! Big Grin Tongue

No you really don't. Let me rephrase that:

What do we want?
More people!
When do we want them?
Every hour on the dot starting from now!

Big Grin Big Grin

01-15-2009 18:09 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
What do we want?
More People!
When do we want them?
NOW! Big Grin Tongue

No you really don't. Let me rephrase that:

What do we want?
More people!
When do we want them?
Every hour on the dot starting from now!

Big Grin Big Grin

same here. blah blah blah people now Smile yay!!

01-15-2009 20:07 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
kazgaroth

Registration Date: 08-28-2008
Clan: The Jokers

how about 2 nw buildings

Blood bank and Hotel

will work the same way as junk once you reach 20k-30k you can store them here until u need them

i'm middle ranked level 52 and can't even get my Employment Agency up to level 20 as I need 75k people and can't get anywhere near that even with ambushing 16 of the lowest players that i can attack

blood isn't so much of an issue at the moment but for buildings people is
01-19-2009 09:16 kazgaroth is offline Search for Posts by kazgaroth Add kazgaroth to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for kazgaroth
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

That wouldn't work... Everyone would store up their resources and there'd be even less about to win during ambushes
01-19-2009 09:25 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
Igor

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 12-26-2007

resource hunting as a general already involves hitting downwards
wasting chances to progress in experience as weaker vamps do not give xp
and limiting the lower ranked vampires chances of successfully building squares

ive wondered why there isnt a modifier either for zone or for level
applied to the buildings to encourage movement upwards and to
encourage farming resources by hitting upwards as opposed to downwards

i realize any modifier applied like that could drastically affect the gameplay
so would not be first choice in the way the game evolves - but seeing as
these resources complaints have been here as long as ive been playing.....

i was wondering - why not?
01-19-2009 11:35 Igor is offline Search for Posts by Igor Add Igor to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Anyone else notice its now 'v 1.1.0.13a' .. whats the a about??

Exciting!! =]

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-19-2009 11:45 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
kazgaroth

Registration Date: 08-28-2008
Clan: The Jokers

That's kind of why I named it the hotel

people only stay in a hotel for so long

have a time limit on how long they can be there

say at the start of every month all your people move back into your general population

I know players will just move them back in again but you could close the hotel that day for renovation and that way all thosestored resources are there to be moved around

Blood is only really used for buildings and attacks so there could be a limit as to how much you could store depending on what level building you want to build

say a certain building needs 311'453 blood well each day you will be allowed to store 20'000 blood until you have enough blood to build this building or the building can be built using blood already stored and then you can put more in when you have it until it is finished

just an idea

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kazgaroth: 01-19-2009 15:16.

01-19-2009 12:03 kazgaroth is offline Search for Posts by kazgaroth Add kazgaroth to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for kazgaroth
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Oh look another new person mentioned something I said about resources a few months back. If we have junk for money, we should have LIMITED junk for blood and people. Say maybe the ability to hold 10,000 L of blood in a Blood bank and 30,000 people in a Hotel. Just enough to start an expo with and get in a siege.

My first few attacks every day go towards getting blood seeing as I have level 60+ rangers farming me and my agility even with legendary won't be higher anytime soon to beat them. And my defenses won't be going up anytime soon since I lack the ability to generate stones. And I don't even bother trying to get over 30K people seeing as I rarely have 10K at a time.

I'd be happy to store that much. It would stop me from farming the lower players for resources twice a day that's for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-19-2009 21:08 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
True_Enigma

images/avatars/avatar-230.png

Registration Date: 08-02-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: -END-

I agree, this has made expeditions a whole lot easier. Big Grin

Now I can focus on gearing up and getting organised for expeditions instead of worrying about having enough people. Before I would concentrate on hitting low targets for people and loose my attacks which gave me PoP.

Well done BW staff, good choice! Big Grin

01-22-2009 00:01 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
Anyone else notice its now 'v 1.1.0.13a' .. whats the a about??

Exciting!! =]

quote:
[R1] Zmniejszono bonus przeciwników ekspedycyjnych, wynikajcy z udziaBu w ekspedycji postaci z II Aktu o 30%.

It says: Decreased bonus of exp mobs by 30% that is gained due Act II players in your team.
But it's Polish R1 => the first BW server (completely archaic game-play)
It DOESN"T change anything at all on English R1.
Definitely not exciting Big Grin

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Zeruel: 01-22-2009 21:24.

01-22-2009 21:23 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

There already is a Blood Bank in z2, although it increases production instead of storing blood.

Not really a relevent addition to the complaints, but you'll have to think of a new name Tongue

How about we look to avoiding the needless waste of blood, then the system should hopefully stabalise. There IS enough blood production out there (provided people dedicate the time to building up their squares), but it leaks in subtle ways.

If you change equipment around, and you alter your health and blood points, it 'eats' your blood. This is worrying with a scarce resource. Is there any way of altering it to refund you? When you do this instead of leaking?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but when you regenerate after losing a fight if there is no stored blood it takes your HP from your Blood Points, right?

But where 1 HP = 1 litre of blood, 1 BP = 2 litres of blood.

But then it goes 1 BP = 1 HP.

So there's a dead zone between having too little blood (every 1l/h = 1 HP) and having surplus blood (anything in your reserve).

Can it be tweaked so that when blood is so low you consume your own BP to live, the ratio is 2 HP to every 1 BP. That way only the odd 1l/h is wasted instead of having another leak.

tl:dr, I know. In a nut shell:

STOP THE LEAKS
Blood should sort itself out when it isn't spilling needlessly.
* Refund blood from equipment changes
* When BP is converted to HP, give a 2:1 ratio (the cost of regenerating the BP)

On to the People problem...

Can we add People production to the Surgery?

Thematically, "A person saved is a person gained".

If given the accumulating factor of blood production on surgery, it could pay dividends for upgrading (Level 1, +1 person an hour. Level 2, +2 person an hour for a total of 3 etc).

Taking this thematic stance, you could also add People production to Hosptial and the z2 Blood Bank then increases the Hospital output.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
01-23-2009 07:43 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

I would like the idea that your buildings produce more, with every higher zone.

E.g.:
An Employment Agency in zone 5 produces 100 people / h
Same level employment agency in zone 4 produces 156 people / h
in zone 3 it produces 277 people / h
(Production = 2500 / (zone²))

in the long this should decrease the lack of blood and people as high level players who need more of both get more ....

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
01-23-2009 08:40 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

I must say patch do what he must do and now is more people on server, now is not problem get 1kk people

01-23-2009 08:45 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

it might not be a problem for you but mid level players find it hard to keep the amount need for most upgrades
01-23-2009 12:31 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

gimme a warning for necroposting i remembered the reason why people got rare :

v. 1.0.0.10 27 February 2008

* Added MAX button to taxi, MAX taxi is calculated on the basis of maximum level, resources and minimum attack time
* The ends of sieges are calculated exactly in the moment a siege finishes (rounding down to full minute).
* The production of people (as a resource) is stopped if no action was taken on the account for one month.

It might be wise to let them start the production again or to include a new building / other way to get more people into the game

created by Dontmess
01-31-2009 16:23 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Damn, I forgot about that.. now we have the explanation and I must say it was quite stupid and short-sighted..

01-31-2009 16:26 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DarkOne
Lord

the funny thing is it took nearly a year to fully come into effect

created by Dontmess
01-31-2009 16:32 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Yeah, I've noticed that.. would be really nice if this is now removed..

Hey Szeszej, can you tell us how much people we have now on whole server?

01-31-2009 18:02 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
diablo

If those 1 pointers are being attacked at least once a month than there is action and the production shouldn't stop.

01-31-2009 21:17 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

There is no action as they are not playing.

01-31-2009 23:55 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
There is no action as they are not playing.
Defending (fighting) is an action. It depends on the dexs decision how to classify inactivity.

02-01-2009 00:09 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

They can be ambushed even 24 times every day, but they are still considered as inactive.

02-01-2009 00:12 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DarkOne
Lord

that was my suggestion aswell diablo, inactive --> stops production, even if not you cannot attack all the 1 pointers and i got the feeling some are taken out of the game in constant intervals...

created by Dontmess
02-01-2009 07:08 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

more offen than the banned players ~_~

02-01-2009 10:01 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Patch v 1.1.0.13

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH