Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Up/Down arrows in armoury. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Up/Down arrows in armoury. 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Up/Down arrows in armoury. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Our Armoury consists of shelves. We can move items beween shelves up and down but we can't move items in a shelf.
I think that a little change in the function of the arrows would make my armoury more organized.
What do you think of this?

10-19-2008 13:58 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree, it's such a pain to go hunting through an item in a shelf when you want really quick access to it. Most of my good melee weapons are at the bottom of my top shelf (since I just got some of them) and I would love to move them to the top.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-19-2008 14:38 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think its a great idea, and shouldnt be hard to do either

10-19-2008 14:45 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

it would work if they could take the down arrow off the last item in shelf 1
so you cant push junk items up to sell ???

10-19-2008 14:51 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
diablo

Thread Starter Thread Started by diablo

Its not about junk items to sell, its about organizing your armoury the way you like it.

If you reach the bottom of a shelf and click on the down arrow the item could go to the lower shelf. If you are in shelf 1 it can go to shelf 10. The same logic when going up. I think it makes sense.

10-19-2008 15:02 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

what about the items in shelf 1 that you cant see ???

10-19-2008 15:05 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
diablo

There are no items in shelf one I cant see, but yes, using this argument you made clear why it should stop on the top of shelf 10 and bottom on shelf 1. Thanks

10-19-2008 15:28 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Lol - thanks to this thread I have only just noticed those arrows! Tongue

I agree, it would be better if you could use them to order your items on the particular shelf they are on. I just re-organised my shelves into headwear, shorts, armour, etc but it would be nice to be able to get the items I use most at the top of each shelf.

I mean, it seems redundant to have these arrows doing the job the do at the moment, when you have the drop down box at the top to move things between shelves.

I'm not sure if Diablo & Azz are trying to say this?

But I think it would be sensible if you could scroll the items within an individual shelf. So when you get an item to the top of a shelf & click the up arrow then it moves to the bottom of that same shelf. Likewise, if you have an item at the bottom of shelf & press the down arrow, then it moves to the top of that shelf. This way, if you did have a full armoury, with all your junk items in shelf 1, and you wanted to get to something that you'd just found on a quest, then you could just scroll all the items with in that one shelf.
Does that make sense?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-19-2008 17:50 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Being able to move items within a shelf would make it so much easier. I think it's a great sugestion.

10-19-2008 18:08 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
diablo

Exactly what was suggested and then improved Wink

10-19-2008 18:24 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu

lol.. same.... wtf how long they been there??? probs since day one -.-'

is a great idea diablo Smile would save a fair few clicks a day Big Grin (if i had more than 2 sets in my armoury... if i did i dont know how i would coupe Shocked Tongue ) the future without diabrrows (diablo's arrows) looks grim! Big Grin

just notcied actully how messy my 2h wep shelf is... they only way i find my m2h of bloodsucker is because the name is so long and it sticks out so bad... if i equip that i tend to lose my mace :/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-19-2008 18:47.

10-19-2008 18:38 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

I agree with diablo, noone uses these arrows, this way they would at least get a function

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
10-19-2008 19:26 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I thought that's what the arrows were originally for personally. Clicked on them a few times and totally threw myself off...LOL
@Knight-i can't find any weapon easily except my scythe...lol and my 2h shelf is a total and complete disaster. Needs to be organized so badly....

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-19-2008 20:56 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu

rofl.. probably noticed them, but never used them..

anyway its a great idea..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-19-2008 22:17 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
diablo

Thanks for all your support, now it is time for some devs to look at this.

10-20-2008 02:12 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
diablo

Thread revived.

My suggestion would really make it easier to store items. We can still move items into a shelf with the drop-down box.

Would it be possible to implement my suggestion please?

01-26-2009 09:15 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
True_Enigma

images/avatars/avatar-230.png

Registration Date: 08-02-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: -END-

I would love to see this being implemented. I know it is a small suggestion but it would make life alot easier for people like me that are organisational freaks, lol. Smile

01-28-2009 16:30 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
Lestat666

Registration Date: 07-19-2008
Clan: NIGHT

i wuld lov if those stupid arrows had a use...lol. i thougt thats wha they were 4 in the beginnin...then clicked an got confuzzled cuz they werent workin....LOL.
YO DEVS!!! u evn check stuff lik ths??? cant be 2 hard 2 do....

01-28-2009 18:00 Lestat666 is offline Search for Posts by Lestat666 Add Lestat666 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Oh and while you are answering, can you Szeszej/C47 give us some Dev feedback about this suggestion?
Thx

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-05-2009 10:58 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

mortis c'mon slow down XD you have asked for him to answer on alot of things he isent super man ~_~ (is he Big Grin ???)

02-05-2009 21:49 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The items are now sorted by their id numbers and I must say I doubt adding any other criteria is very efficient (in terms of lag) as every single arrow click will cause your screen to reload (think also of the frustration when you have to put an item 10 places up and every time you have to wait till the page reload Wink ) and if someone happens to click the arrows too much it may trigger anti-bot system.

And besides that you have 9 shelves to organise armoury so if you have more than 9 sets of equipment you should really use more organisation Smile .

02-05-2009 22:03 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

thats a very good points XD

02-05-2009 22:05 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Few good points, but id like to evaluate Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The items are now sorted by their id numbers

What are the ID numbers? lol

quote:
If someone happens to click the arrows too much it may trigger anti-bot system.

Good Point, i can imagine myself doing that >.>

quote:
And besides that you have 9 shelves to organise armoury so if you have more than 9 sets of equipment you should really use more organisation Smile .

Now this conflicts, i though the main point of having this option was so that we could move items we dont want to view down so that we can get to the better items below, this way we can keep semi usful items and still reach our other items!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

02-06-2009 00:20 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

It's natural from database point of view that every item has a certain number attached to it = its id

And if you could with this option reach the items buried deep down in shelf 1 than it'd be more or less like having an infinite armoury (which is now limited by the fact that at some points you HAVE to dig down for some precious items) and if we wanted you to have an infinite armoury we'd give it to you in the first place.

02-06-2009 01:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

That actually makes sense to me.

02-06-2009 02:02 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
diablo

I'm afraid it does not make sense.
I was talking about organizing a shelf itself. ID numbers can be interchanged.
Moving items inside of a shelf is not a problem and it cannot cause any server lags as you said. I could code that myself if you want and some dev just copy-paste it into the existing code.
There wouldn't be an infinite armoury, where is that idea came from? If every item moved between a shelf goes to position one (top) than you're fine.
The arrows now are literally pointless.

02-06-2009 17:52 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

quote:
Originally posted by spawnraloom
mortis c'mon slow down XD you have asked for him to answer on alot of things he isent super man ~_~ (is he Big Grin ???)

Keep the discussion on the topic!!
Warning for spam.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-06-2009 18:25 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
FlashBlade

Registration Date: 09-13-2008
Clan: Vault 13

Intra-shelf ordering and naming: additional points Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Apologies if this thread is a bit old to post on, but as I am still banned, I'm catching-up on some reading Smile

I understand that armoury items are stored by ShelfId then ItemId. I believe this relationship would be improved by adding a ShelfOrderId. I work extensively with relational databases, so know this would not present too much of a problem.

I would like to make the following points re this discussion:

1. Players would (I'm sure) like to order items WITHIN shelves. This sounds like a trivial point, but when rapidly attempting to change items equipped, having to browse withing a shelf takes precious time. I can't count how many times I have been ambushed while (forgive me for the expression) my pants are down and I'm looking for the right ones to equip.

2. ItemId's auto-increment as they are gained (bought / found), resulting in the latest acquisition automatically finding it's way to the bottom of the shelf. So, for e.g. if I find a decent item and move it to my weps shelf, it will ALWAYS be at the bottom of that shelf regardless. I may want it at the top.

3. The point that a screen refresh would take time is valid, but once a player orders a shelf, this relationship would be in place until reordered, so when clicking from Messages back to Armoury would not take any longer than it currently does.

4. Finally, I would like to be able to name my shelves (Helmets, Pants, etc). Back to relational database design, it would require an additional column called ShelfName and a bit of scripting to add this feature.

So, dev's I hope you can please take a min to read. And thx guys, I am a huge fan of this game!

FlashBlade Smile

----------------------------------------
EDIT - EDIT - EDIT
----------------------------------------

My apologies for not reading the renaming of shelves impossibility. Shame though...

Thx to DemonDude2 for pointing this out Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by FlashBlade: 02-17-2009 11:56.

02-17-2009 11:36 FlashBlade is offline Search for Posts by FlashBlade Add FlashBlade to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Its great you no your stuff flash ^^

But naming shelves is one of the things they said will never happen no mater what under no circumstances even if dinosaurs threated to kill everyone, no change will happen

Well.. they didnt say it like that.. but thats what they meant Big Grin

02-17-2009 11:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
diablo

DemonDude2 you don't have to post to every thread. Did you ever think that there are people who don't need to know your opinion?
Flashblade made a point and you didn't say anything new.

02-17-2009 12:20 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

And i was saying that they wont change the last bit, i was telling him!
Whats your problem? I dont post to every link, compared to b4 i hardly post at all!!

02-17-2009 12:29 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Good idea

It would work for me

Xyr

02-17-2009 21:39 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Up/Down arrows in armoury.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH