Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » zone 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page zone 1 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Boot Camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
Originally posted by mikem

It wouldn't make any difference to you anyway would it ?

Xyr

Don't get stroppy with me...

I wasn't being stroppy, just factual. You are not currently playing so it wouldn't affect you was my point. If I'd known you were going to take offense at the comment I wouldn't have made it as it just detracts from the debate, which I would prefer not to do.

The principle stands that if players choose to share resources beyond a clan governance structure, another governance structure above the clan would probably be needed.

Regards

Xyr

02-03-2009 15:15 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Would you be prepared to support such a thing if Blod and others wanted to make it happen ?
Yes.

To the Council, 'guiding' is politicaly correct usage of the word 'rule'. Something like a Gray Eminence. The first council idea was suggested by Gendibal and it concerned just Devs-players relationship, suggestions on how to improve etc, not in-game control.

EDIT: Oh, c'mon a warning for the 1st multipost he did? Where is the verbal warning?

EDIT2:
quote:
The principle stands that if players choose to share resources beyond a clan governance structure, another governance structure above the clan would probably be needed.

That is at the present time done between each players via in-game messages, so I don't think the councel is needed. I'm not agaist you, just trying to explain why I think what I think Wink

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 02-03-2009 15:22.

02-03-2009 15:17 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

quote:
You are not currently playing so it wouldn't affect you was my point.

I've actually started again and have been playing since I appeared back on the forums. I wasn't aware you didn't know.

Ontopic: Personally I think we're taking a step backwards by trying to form some sort of council. I'm pretty sure the idea of a single Z1 square is to entice war. Yes, one could say "well lets not give in. Lets be diplomatic and share it" and your answer to that is this Council.

Well what if people don't comply? Will there be an inquisition to purge them? And you never answered my other questions;

"Who would be on this council? How would they get there? Why would anyone listen?"

02-03-2009 15:25 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

sigh ~_~ a grand lol some one sounds like they wana be the dark lord him self ~_~ you CAN NOT tri and run the game like that sorry and blod keep the square don't trade it Wink if some one deserves that square they will be able to take it XD i am sure that BoS isent strong enough to fight of alot of attacks over and over again with some stratagy XD (i would like to point out i havent really got any problem with any clan on this server be for BoS think i disslike them Tongue they have given me alot of info on stuff so i like them Tongue )

but yeah keep the square....

cus im sick of teas and cakes

02-03-2009 15:26 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-18-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

Simple answer for discussion about zone 1.

1) Many of players have (more or less) to tell about EoD, CoI or BoS. Just now the discussion is what to do with zone 1. It seems, same players (that complains a/m clan) would like to do exactly the same. Start to fight and take ready build square to own clan.

2) The Zone 1 is result, that someone is playing everyday. Is not only one thing. The zone 1 is a hard work of all BoS and V13 members.

3) Just now everyone start to think about the spirit of the game. Sometimes small
wars are neded so that the game will be more interesting. It is about organising
people for fights. To keep blood for all one has to take blood from others.

4) There is no problem to swap squares between zone 1 and others - one condition have to be fulfiled. The square have to have same level of buildings (zone 5 to 3) like those in zone 1. Police station and Garnizon particulary.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Blodsugare: 02-03-2009 15:46.

02-03-2009 15:26 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
mikem

I'm cool with that.

As long as there is a governance structure that keeps things real that's fine.

Regards

Xyr

p.s not sure what i did wrong on the multiple posting thing so may have done it again already in my ignorance Frown

Sorry Frown

02-03-2009 15:27 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
mikem

Council Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Artoir

Good to know your back and I retract my previous comment accordingly. I don't frequent the board that often. It's good that you're playing again.

I can't really answer your questions on the detail as I don't have any proposals on the mechanics. The principles are i would suggest

Individual Player - no governance required
Clan - clan governance structure agreed within the clan
Server - some kind of shared governance structure signed up to by participating clans

the server level governance would apply to anything that is cross clan - so the league idea would benefit from a server based governance structure as do any leagues in RL.

tbh I don't think the server is ready for it. If it was a council, I'd probably start with the top 10/12 clan leaders with a proviso of some kind of longevity in the role and status on the server.

I think we could choose to make it work with light enough governance but not for a good few months yet.

Blod, Diablo

Thanks for your support of the idea. I totally agree that the least you could expect is a decent swap square if you were sharing.

Regards

Xyr

02-03-2009 15:48 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Please, no government. I agreed to the idea that if everyone helps blod to build it then it is fine to share it, assuming Blod supports that idea as well.
Looks like I misunderstood your post Xyr, sorry.

02-03-2009 16:03 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

i think a goverment thing would depleat this game of the last bit of fun this game has and i havent been playing long XD if there started to be a goverment things would be to arranged and there would be less choas unless ofc 2 goverments started then things might be more intresting XD

02-03-2009 16:05 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
mikem

You didn't Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Please, no government. I agreed to the idea that if everyone helps blod to build it then it is fine to share it, assuming Blod supports that idea as well.
Looks like I misunderstood your post Xyr, sorry.

In trying to answer Artoir I've confused things again.

Forget the council/government thing.

The point we are agreeing on is that if as a server we chose to work with Blod to build a cathedral, Blod would be prepared to share the use of that square and that those using the resource would need to agree some rules around it.

Edit - Spawnraloom

Government done badly will spoil things, governance done lightly can give sufficient structure and framework to make things better. One is easy to do, the other is more challenging

Edit - I understand the multipost thing now and am editting my posts Smile

Regards

Xyr

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by mikem: 02-03-2009 16:20.

02-03-2009 16:12 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Clan: UTA aka BC

dont give for other skin from alive bear Smile

in this game will be many changes yet, atm discussion about building church nd 1st zone is useless, all top 50 players havent 10 milion ppl

no one clan here can go on higher mobs than basilisk ( with basilisk is propably problem too )

is only two players have 80 level, next get this in month or two

just keep fun from game nd everything will be good

02-03-2009 18:52 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

Government Sounds interesting but it's not the topic Start a new tread for this.
I just really want to know how many item's you get from a Z1 quest and the quality are they Good or +5, if it costs that much to just go on one quest the reward must be big no???
Plz answer this question I'm really interested in the reward of an easy quest in Zone 1 and if the answer is in Tutorial sorry I haven't read it since I first joined the game
(love learning from my own mistakes lol)
And I have no dislike for BoS DB ya but not BoS (and my dislike for DB is very minor and I don't want to discuss it)

02-04-2009 19:24 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

to get trhe chardreal
why don't oyu organise people to attack blod
with the intent to lose add with his attacks he could get the thing built quicker
02-07-2009 06:56 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

We know, but thx anyway Wink

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-07-2009 11:47 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » zone 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH