Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Great PoH changes patch. Cast your vote! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Do you want this patch?
Yes 70 90.91%
No 4 5.19%
Not sure 3 3.90%
Total: 77 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Great PoH changes patch. Cast your vote! 7 Votes - Average Rating: 8.717 Votes - Average Rating: 8.717 Votes - Average Rating: 8.717 Votes - Average Rating: 8.71
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Devs - you guys really are a bunch of shoddy losers. No wonder you get so much abuse on the polish boards. Mad

lmfao

quote:
We have decided to abandon the concept of arena fights and instead introduce a much simpler system: PoH will be gained from attacks on other players. PoH gained will be equal to 1/10 of experience gained (which promotes lower zones). Honour won't be lost in this way.

sooo... on average for act 2 (120 xp per fight?) you would get 12 poh.... 16 attacks per day... 192 PoH a day give or take Shocked i could live with this Smile

Infact when/if this patch comes as it is above 100% i will start church of bloodwars and make myself pope Tongue
Szeszej - patron saint of mostly shity news. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 02-11-2009 20:56.

02-11-2009 20:55 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
MIatz0Pheron

images/avatars/avatar-290.jpg

Registration Date: 12-02-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: SRC/DASH

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I say do it Wink

02-11-2009 21:44 MIatz0Pheron is offline Homepage of MIatz0Pheron Search for Posts by MIatz0Pheron Add MIatz0Pheron to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for MIatz0Pheron
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Szeszej shall officialy translate it ASAP (he is off line now).

W zwizku z bardzo niejednoznacznymi wynikami ankiety w Polsce oraz wieloma opiniami, |e "teraz zagBosowaBbym inaczej" itd... postanowili[my co nastpuje:

1. Patch zostanie wprowadzony na serwerach:

Polska - r9 i pózniejszych
Francja - na wszystkich serwerach (ponad 77% za)
Anglia - na wszystkich serwerach (ponad 92% za)
Rosja - na wszystkich serwerach (nowy serwer gdzie zmiany nie spowoduj |adnego efektu)

2. Przewidywana data wprowadzenia patcha:
poniedziaBek 16 luty 2009

3. UWAGA!
W przypadku powrócenia do pomysBu PIT - FIGHT ataki przestan generowa REP.
Jest to uzale|nione gBównie od tego, czy gracze wynajd jaki[ EXPLOIT umo|liwiajcy pushowanie Repem z ataków.

Z powa|aniem
SM

Thank You.
02-12-2009 10:01 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

=O I was originally guna wait for szeszej to post but i googled it....

AHHHHHHHH .... YAAAAAY

Due to the inconclusive results of a survey in Poland, and many opinions, | e "Now zagBosowaBbym otherwise", etc. .. decided [my Whereas:

1. Patch will be placed on servers:

Poland - and r9 pà ³ zniejszych
France - for all servers (more than 77% in favor)
England - on all servers (more than 92% in favor)
Russia - for all servers (new server where the changes will not cause any | any effect)

2. Expected date of introduction of Patch:
poniedziaBek 16 February 2009

3. NOTE!
In the case of a return to training pomysBu PIT - FIGHT stop attacks generated REP.
This is determined by | GBA by the bring of whether the players wynajd [EXPLOIT umo | pushowanie Repem a possible attack from the village

Yours sincerely | appear
SM

ps.. sorry for stealinig your thunder Szeszej Big Grin

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 02-12-2009 10:15.

02-12-2009 10:13 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Although I don't like changing rules during gameplay I think the patch will bring something new into this game. After two years of playing I must say I got to some extent bored, so I welcome any change which can remove the current boredom.

edit: @SushiMaker: would be nice if any futher polls will be also posted here and not only on polish board like the current one about Searing blood.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 02-12-2009 11:23.

02-12-2009 11:17 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DemonDude2
Lord

And as an added note, they said that if the pit fights are added then the poh attacks are out, which means their still working/thinking on the pit fight system

Im happy! Wink

02-12-2009 11:19 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I think this will make the game too easy. Some of the idea were ok, but all together I think is a mistake.

02-12-2009 13:42 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

yeh poh should be also losing in ambush

02-12-2009 13:49 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

We need a change. These mythical Points of Honour need to be shared out a bit more...

Although, if it only applies to higher zone buildings then it's not much use to those in z4 and 5...it will still result in loads of sieges as people move around within and between clans to get their share...

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dreamdusk: 02-12-2009 14:14.

02-12-2009 13:54 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
yeh poh should be also losing in ambush

I hate to shoot myself in the foot - but that would make sense. Smile

**hides & waits for torrent of abuse**

Still I am glad they have agreed to introduce the patches -- I am fighting to type the words.... well done Dev team .... wow that was hard work! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 02-12-2009 14:00.

02-12-2009 14:00 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

i dont agree, i thought it was mainly for low levels or players who cant get it in sieges .. thats what i thought anyway =]

02-12-2009 14:11 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
ringham
Double Ace

Registration Date: 08-22-2008
Clan: LIG + SOT

i am really looking forward to this because it brings an extra aspect in the game to encourage people to ambush again (although i would still prefer the arena/pit fight system). This is because a lot of people dont use all of their attacks anyway so we may see a lot more competition in ambushes. (I fear being over-run with a wave of new ranged users)

Necropolis Character - Enderol, Clan Leader of the Sovereigns Of Time

02-12-2009 16:01 ringham is offline Search for Posts by ringham Add ringham to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for ringham
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Clan: Overlords

Due to inconclusive results of the poll in Poland and many opinions that someone "would have voted NO if they knew" the patch will be introduced as follows:

Poland - R9 and later
France - all servers (more than 77% in favor)
England - all servers (more than 92% in favor)
Russia - for all servers (it's a new server so the changes won't have any great effect anyway)

2. Expected date of introduction of the patch:
Monday 16 February 2009

3. NOTE!
If we decide to return to the notion of arena fights ambushes will stop to generate honour.
This will depend on whether players find any EXPLOIT to push with PoH trough ambushes with the current system.

Yours sincerely,
SM

02-12-2009 16:27 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Ah so that is being implimented... hey it's scheduled the day after mine and Lest's birthday...LOL. Wait...they actually listened to the players? Red Face

Anyway, I kind of agree with ringham on this, a lot of people are going to go ranged now to beat the heck out of other players for honor. Not that that's a bad thing.

@Ces and Cth- I do in part agree with the fact that if we gain PoH in ambush we should lose it too. But I know I'm not the only one on this server being farmed by ranged users and higher level players. If that were to actually take effect I would never have honor even if we won a PoH siege and as a leader I gained double. It would be gone before I could use it with all the people coming in on me.

Edited: i apparently can't remember what day today is...haha

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 02-12-2009 17:48.

02-12-2009 16:27 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

so votes have been casted & here you are moving the goal after the kick's been taken Frown Confused Bring back the arena

In Game Name TEMPEST
02-12-2009 18:04 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

just a suggestion, im not sure how it will be recieved by the top players, to stop people farming low levels even more, why not make it so that while you can only attack people when the higher level person is no more than 30% higher level than the lower level [30% of the lowr level] woudnt it be fair to make it so its 10% for honour to be gained.
if you get what i mean.

it would stop lower levels being farmed for poh as well as recources, and keep the whole 'honour' part of honour points

anyone else agree or is this just me being silly?
02-12-2009 18:20 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

That doesnt make sense bob, you only get 10% of the exp you gain worth of honor, so farming low levels wont get you any!

02-12-2009 18:26 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow that was quick. We went from Popeye posting something just to see what our reaction would be to it's in on 16 February.

I think it will change the game dynamic and it will be a good thing.

I would support the arena/pit fight patch if we can get it instead.

Agree with Ces on the PoH for ambush, you got to win it and lose it. The price of Field vest of Master, Titanium stuff etc just went up.

Interesting times ahead

Regards

Xyr

02-12-2009 20:17 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops

i would support the arena patch too. but thanks to the devs for paying attention to our small (but extremely dynamic) community

02-14-2009 13:29 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

nah i think its a pants idea this.... it should be a challenge to play this game...

and if little people like me Big Grin go on expos and gain a hell load of exp from it then i will be pointless when we get out badges .... coz it doesn't make you stronger :\ your in an expo with people that can already kill the expo monsters loll.... i dunno i don't think its good and i think that its a greedy idea because you have to fight for it in a siege not have it just given to you on a plate when you upgrade buildings and suck like

haha my little bit of ramble haha that probably doesn't make any sense but still

i voted no! Big Grin
02-14-2009 13:45
DemonDude2
Lord

No beatrice, you dont understand!

Not every square has these buildings! Their rare, and for a good reason.. they cost a LOAD to build which can inspire 2 things

1. Lots of Takeover Sieges to try and get the PoH buildings
2. Lots of attacks/sieges to get the resources to build these buildings

Even without the best idea, the arena, this patch will still change the server quite a bit, and as it is, there is not that many expos going on, dont think your guna shoot up the rankings as everyone will be doing more expos! Though thos that are good at them will go faster (i no from experiance, i suck at em =[)

02-14-2009 14:02 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

yeah but the people that are like in the top 50 they all have most of these building and in zone 2 so it will be really easy for them to grow :\ i don't think its fair.... coz what about the little people that need more of a boost at growing?
02-14-2009 14:13
True_Enigma

images/avatars/avatar-230.png

Registration Date: 08-02-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: -END-

RE: Great PoH changes patch. Cast your vote! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Edit: I just seen Sz post above, please ignore. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by True_Enigma: 02-14-2009 14:35.

02-14-2009 14:33 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice
yeah but the people that are like in the top 50 they all have most of these building and in zone 2 so it will be really easy for them to grow :\ i don't think its fair.... coz what about the little people that need more of a boost at growing?

I understand your concern; but don't think it is a major issue. The high levels were already gaining more poh than the lower levels anyway. But the Devs put a partial stop to that with the last patch that stopped them doing sieges against each other.

Yes, the high level players will have squares that produce poh, but the Z2 squares are fairly evenly spread amongst the clans, because you can only have 1 in your clan. So, that means, if you do have one, you can share it amongst your clan mates - therefore spreading the poh.

Also, lower levels will gain a lot more poh in the new attacks, because they can farm higher players, where as high players will not get the same if they attack lower players. (the percentage of poh from attacks is based on the amount of xp gained)

This server really doesn't do a lot of expos - on the Polish servers, the number beasts in each area are usually down to below 5 a week after they have re-spawned at the beginning of the month! If you are not quick - you have to either use the ritual of blood, or wait 3 weeks just to do a white or black dragon. Frown

But as Demon says, this patch should hopefully mix it up a little - which can only be a good thing. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
02-14-2009 14:49 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

i guess but still because i never seem to get any poh like in sieges and such like thats given me a boost to get better so i can get some as well thats what i'm on about.... i've been trying for badges for ages and never been able to do them without poh so i have gotten a bit better in sieges.... Smile so i think it should be like that anyways

but i dunno i guess if its gunna stare things up a bit then it could be a good thing :\

lol
love B xx
02-14-2009 15:00
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

this patch will be great i am usless in attacking people my own level so hardly ever get poh in fact the only time i got some was then i arange a one on one siege
this means i can wait untill i get the right amount also

if you look on expo reports they are maining the same people going for it

and the people in th etop 50 get poh not because they are the highest levels
but because they were good fighters round their level got poh and killed most of the expo monsters
02-14-2009 18:40 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Beatrice, the buildings that will generate PoH are hard enouigh to build them. To build a Hospital you need Surgery on level 8 built. The requirements for lvl 5:

SURGERY (LEVEL 4)
SURGERY First aid for citizens. In exchange for financial support and protection medics return some of the blood to you.

Effect: +22 litres of blood / h

UPGRADE TO LEVEL 5
Costs: 35 438 Lgo, 2 305 people
Requirements: CHARISMA: 119 (120), KNOWLEDGE: 63
Building time: 1 hour(s) 22 min. 57 sec.
Effect: +7 litres of blood / h

It'll take some time to build it on all the z3 squares...
And the patch is good for all lower players because it's easier for them to win a fight with someone stronger (a larger variety of targets, both stronger and weaker in strength, not points).

It'll have almost no influence for the top 10 because they won't get a lot of PoH for one fight with stronger players, they'll have to feed on the weaker ones for several points of honour each fight.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-14-2009 19:18 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Beatrice
unregistered

i don't get it though ¬_¬ maybe i have completely missed the whole thing about this thread :\ but i waz talking with pops this morning and it just didn't make sense, obviously i have got it wrong like DD said :\ i dunno lol maybe it will be a good thing then

love B x
02-14-2009 19:58
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

Does anyone know if they are still applying this patch today? and if they are what time will it be?

cheers

floyd

its ok they just applied it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 02-16-2009 11:18.

02-16-2009 11:14 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops

patch has been applied Wink

02-16-2009 11:17 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

How about now? Smile

Patch is online. Have fun!

PS. Please report any problems in Bugs section. Thanks.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

02-16-2009 11:18 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Thank you! Great job!

02-16-2009 12:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Since the patch is online I'm closing this thread.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

02-16-2009 15:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Great PoH changes patch. Cast your vote!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH