Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Cruachan » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cruachan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Cruachan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wandering, due to new internet connection. through Youtube, and remembered this band. THought IU'd share them, for anyone who is a fan of celtic music stylings, combined with rock and metal, this is Cruchan

What do people think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fNJSUSY4Ig

Your imperfection.
05-14-2009 00:27 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Saw them in the Voodoo Lounge about 2 years ago, great band Smile

05-14-2009 00:33 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I discovered them a while back, but just completely forgot til tonight.

Seriously awesome group.... I do like the celtic metal (As they call it lol)

I wonder how many more bands sound like these guys...

Your imperfection.
05-14-2009 01:00 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Surprisingly quite a lot Smile

Cruachan are unique though as they take actual Traditional Irish songs, instead of just adding tin whistles to metal and calling it "Celtic"

05-14-2009 01:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

I know that.... though some of their stuff is original, it's not as good Big Grin

I know what they do, I read up on their history, but I wonder how many more bands do that sort of thing... the only other one that comes to mind is Krusak, and they are my frineds group Big Grin They take hymns and make them metally Big Grin

Korpiklaani are similar in many ways... but it seems bands this awesome dont really get very far

Your imperfection.
05-14-2009 01:06 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Korpiklaani are awesome, first heard them in the Battle Metal issue of Metal Hammer. But I think they're more Nordic Folk Metal, with accordians etc

05-14-2009 01:09 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

FOlk metal is folk metal though. But Korpiklaani are fun.

I wanna find more similar stuff, Eluvite are another... Battlelore... hmm there is a lot that can fit under it, btu I like melody as well as guitar work, which is probably why Cruachan interest me

Your imperfection.
05-14-2009 01:31 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Raserei

Registration Date: 04-20-2009

Ooo this is cool guise! My mother in law is from Ireland (Dublin I think) and it's great to get some names of some celtic bands! I know nothing of the Irish culture really. Just wanted to say thanks Smile . This seems to be music I'd really like.

05-14-2009 14:48 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Cruachan

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH