Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Linux » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Linux
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Linux Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Time to say NO to micro$oft corporation.
Micro$oft use dirty tricks to stay one of the best using system even if it is worse than Linux.
In Russia most computers use Linux (especial in school) so microsoft sells there all their products almost for free. Is this alright with you? You must pay huge money to buy this "not good" product.

Vista use many innovation that was thought by Unix/Linux user so it is system similar to Linux but you can get Linux for free.
It is easier to install all drivers on Linux than on windows. The best operating system for server computer is Linux/Unix.

You can easily check how Microsoft company treat other operating system. If you install Linux and then you install micro$oft you will be unable to enter Linux system. But if you install 1st windows and then Linux you can use both system.

Games and Programs for windows are no longer problem on Linux because you can emulate windows using Wine or Cedega.

You can easily find support for Linux in internet.

If you want to try Linux then I recommend Ubuntu if you look for something similar and easy in use then I recommend openSUSE or Mandriva.
With Ubuntu you can try Linux without installation using Live CD or install it on Windows using Wubi.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu
11-29-2007 17:18 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I use a combination of windows and ubuntu ....... but I keep them on separate HDDs and refuse to use them as dual boot. Microsoft has always been good at business, but with a poor quality product, so I would have to agree with lis here ..... get hold of an Ubuntu CD and try it out, it\'s a lot more user friendly than the MS loyalists would have you believe

11-29-2007 20:04 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Pat

Registration Date: 11-28-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NOYDB

Linux Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd actually forgotten about Microsoft's shambolic os until you lot mentioned it , me and my pet penguin are going to have nightmares now Frown
01-13-2008 03:14 Pat is offline Search for Posts by Pat Add Pat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Linux

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH