Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Has any one consider » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Has any one consider
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ranciel

Registration Date: 11-22-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: IMRB

Has any one consider Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hay why do we only have 4 races. Is there any plans for more and if not dose any one think we should?

Time to Debate Tongue
12-04-2007 00:07 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

4 races is a good start to a game like this ..... hell, when TSR first released the AD&D roleplay system there were only 4 races and look at that now Smile

I think the primary focus should be on the bugs and imbalances before taking it to the next level as far as game mechanics go.

12-04-2007 01:45 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that 4 races is enough. Theres one for everyones interests [e.g. strength for beast master] so there really isn't any need for a 5th one.

12-04-2007 09:46 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I think that it wouldnt be terrible to add a race that could up perception and knowledge because beastmasters get strength so melee people get help but gunners can't.

12-04-2007 16:07 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

i think that would be a really bad idea
because, if you notice, guns are always doing better than melee, advantage being in that they have the most attacks (scorpio, ak47 etc)
so any 'gunner' race, would be at a superadvantage

12-04-2007 16:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

Right. So gunners can do ~600 damage per round at lvl 60? no. But Zauborin can, and he is a melee.

12-04-2007 16:55 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

and zauborin has less chance of hitting.
and if youve really upgraded your gun and got tattoos and hiiiiiiiiiigh knowledge and stuff, then yeah you could do that realistically.

maybe

12-04-2007 16:57 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

He has about 170 agility and he has 2 lvl 5 tatoos and 2 lvl 3 tatoos!

12-04-2007 17:11 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

exactly
so do the same.

=)

12-04-2007 17:12 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

But i/we cant because we cant beat people because we cant do enough damage to get PoP to get tatoos!!

12-04-2007 17:27 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

you can beat a white dragon yes.
you can do quests
you can beat SOME people

you cant expect to win 100% of the time

12-04-2007 18:23 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

I can beat people with only about 40 points. but somebody whoi s below me can easily beat people who are miles better than me who are also snipers/gunners.

12-04-2007 18:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

yeah but he will only get a successful ambush in 50% of all times

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
12-04-2007 18:44 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Ranciel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ranciel

I think a tone down Race of Gunner would be nice. But I was think about a race that fine it a litty east to both build building, meet requiments to items and gain knowlages faster, pack that with there own spell selection and pop you got new race.
12-04-2007 19:03 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

That's where the quests become useful. Use exp. from that to put stats that'll boost your attack, or stats that'll let you upgrade bodyguard agency and such.

12-04-2007 19:05 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Scillage
Forum Legend

You dont understand what it is like. This might work, but imagine you are a melee(easy if you are one already), and think of how quick you progress and beat people (to do this try to imagine you are a high level player) and then slow that down by 10 or even more. I do about 1 attack every 3 days, and only if I need people to let in players for expeditions. It is like slowing down time, because it is nearly impossible to progress.

12-04-2007 19:28 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
GrimTale
Double Ace

Guess all you can do it quests then.

12-04-2007 19:34 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
draculaisemo
Lord

i use sniper rifle, and i beat people just fine
i decided to try melee the other day
i just lose =)

12-04-2007 19:35 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
GrimTale
Double Ace

lol strange, beastermasters are suposed to be the best with melee with the strength boost and such

12-04-2007 19:37 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
draculaisemo
Lord

point proven

12-04-2007 19:41 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
GrimTale
Double Ace

....what point? Confused

12-04-2007 19:43 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
draculaisemo
Lord

beastmaster dont have a huge advantage by being specialized at melee

12-04-2007 19:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
GrimTale
Double Ace

Yeah i guess that's true. Still, it does give an advantage for people who chose the melee path right from the beginning

12-04-2007 19:59 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Scillage
Forum Legend

Dracula, I seem to remember having this conversation with you the other day on MSN. When you are about lvl 35, 160 - 200 is huge damage per round. But when you get higher up, it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat other players, because 300-400 damage would be about average when you are near lvl 50.

12-04-2007 20:10 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
DarkOne
Lord

scillage this is because there are very very few players having 50 and more points, so there are not enough targets which should be really equal to you

created by Dontmess
12-04-2007 20:19 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

But what i am trying to say is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for high level gunners to even STAND A CHANCE to get high on the rankings because we can not use any arcana to boost our damage and we do very LOW damage.

12-04-2007 20:46 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

not nesecarily impossible it will just take time and effort to build your character. arcana from beastman is good as it adds extra 10 defence. if you stick with sniper weapon then you restrict yourself to one attack. if you swap to say fn fal or ak 47 you can do up to 600 in damage given a few criticals. swapping guns can mean the world of difference.

Necro knows me as Gjallar
12-04-2007 21:01 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

also equipment makes a difference
i know theres not a huge range of knowledge increasing things out there, but they do exist.

12-04-2007 21:53 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

But there still should be a race so that Gunners can benefit.

12-04-2007 22:16 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

Seems like a selfish suggestion to me Wink
feels like handbags o.o
i doubt therell be any new races in the foreseeable future and i cant see that there will be any need for them either

12-04-2007 22:22 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Ranciel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ranciel

No but the debate on it is dam cool thank to ever one.

On a close note I think debateing things like this give the game design team time to think and just read our rambles. If we do it more offion i'm sure thay will pick some thing thay like and use it and there nothing more cool than seeing you idera's put to use. Belive me it the game were all here for. Tongue
12-05-2007 00:02 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

No Dracula, it is NOT selfish. Melee characters can have a pick of 2 specially designed races, beastmaster (Strength and Toughness), or Cultist (Agility or Hitpoints). Ranged can really only use Cultist properly because of their hit is made up of Agility and Perception. But what do gunners have to boost their damage/hit chance? SOD ALL.

And also, AK/Fn-Fal's cannot do 600 Damage per round. Only AK's can manage that, but to do that you would need your equipment to be ALL critical strike increasers, but then you would have sod all perception and knowledge so you will hardly ever hit (unless of course you attack a player with 1 perception, but even then you probably wont hit on all of them.) I think that this is an issue that needs to be sorted, because it is starting to get boring with only stupid quests to do and once/twice a day an expedition until PoH runs out and I wait another month until we get some more.

12-05-2007 07:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

You can do 600 damage with sniper rifle.
Guns are better than melee weapon at expedition and most experience that you gain is from expedition not from ambushes.
12-05-2007 07:55 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Yeah, if you have XXX of speed, which decreases crit chance, and the last tatoo lvl 5. But the problem is, to do that you need PoP but i cant get that because i cant do attacks! Anyway lets stick to the race aspect of my previous post plz.

12-05-2007 08:07 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

Lis already gave you your solution scillage
you won the last expedition you went on
you get pop from expeditions regularly
theres no need to make an entirely new race because you think that you cant do as much damage as the top ranking player.

12-05-2007 10:26 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Scillage whats wrong with you? You used to be one of the best gunners on this server! I see your point in having a race able to increase their perception and knowledge. On the other hand, do we want to start again? I dont. Leave your sniper rifle for expeditions only, it is useless if your opponent has 2k HP.
I use 2 one-handed guns. There is no tatoo that would grant me such benefits as you have as a sniper. You have chance to hit, increased criticals, defence ignorance and one more attack. In my opinion Sniper is one of the best tatoos in this game.
I still dont have my 'dream equipment' but I can deal some damage with my guns, so why dont you get your Fn-Fal or AK-47 and start killing others.

Generally, Snipers are good for expeditions and meele are better for ambushes.

There is no need for another race, as a Cultist I use my Blood of Life to regenerate my HP and with proper Reputation it can be 100 per round, which is like being hit one less time. I know its not much, but there is no other choice.

12-05-2007 11:29 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

I have never been one of the top gunners. I have only been useful for expeditions, but what is the point of taking a sniper along if you can get a melee who can do even 4X as much damage per round? Any way I still believe that there should be a race because being a melee is so much easier with the arcana damage bonuses and agility bonuses. Gunners dont get any bonuses at all, and with a melee you can get around 170 agility with Gunner you can get about 85 max perception with sniper and about 70 with AK. I agree there would be no point having a restart at this point but maybe with the great influx of players on our server it would be a good idea for the new server when it starts.

12-05-2007 19:35 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

mm, melee on an expedition is no good without a LOT of agility
...and the strength bonus is for a different race to the agility bonus
so a race with both perception AND knowledge ... would be unfair

12-05-2007 20:34 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

ok considered there would be a 5th race what would its attributes be ?

My idea would be

10% blood points 5% perception bonus

Arcana: Increase knowledge
Increase Defence/Hit

created by Dontmess
12-05-2007 20:52 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

i dont think perception being a % would be a good idea...

12-05-2007 20:57 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Has any one consider

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH