Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Has any one consider » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Has any one consider
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why not ? you can give them hit points 10% instead; or you give them knowledge bonus and make a perception arcana; btw perception 5% would be 5 points for 100 points perception; does anyone reach 100 points in perception ?

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
12-05-2007 21:00 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thats why its a bad idea. its too small to be counted as anything, and once it becomes worth being counted, then the knowledge as an additional bonus would make it unfair.
maybe you could have both, but perhaps one should cost a lot more than the other
eg, beastmaster:
Bloodfrenzy 13 blood points
beasts hide 20 blood points

12-05-2007 21:03 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

* Bloodfrenzy - increases strength, cost 13 blood points
* Beast's Hide - increases toughness, cost 20 blood points

its not agility and strengh its thoughness and strength; but maybe having both would be ok as well, though it would narrow the race on only guns.

let's assume 10% hit points 10% blood points
Knowledge / perception arcana
defence arcana

created by Dontmess
12-05-2007 21:08 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

That could work, maybe, on a new server, but definitely not on this one ....

however ... theres a problem
Guns cannot be bought.
So ... assume this person has bad luck like i do.
What if they find no gun until level 20, or maybe they never find a gun at all
that would mean that theyd have to wait til they struggled to level 25 (auction) before they could make use of their racial ability

12-05-2007 21:13 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

well if the arcana increases perception then they could use ranged weapons. till lvl 25;
why could an gunner race not work on this server ?

created by Dontmess
12-05-2007 21:15 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

too many players (in excess of 10 000) are already registered and sorted as one of four races, to insert a new race would be to give current players a disadvantage.

12-05-2007 21:18 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

well you could give every existing player a one time chance to change to this new race

created by Dontmess
12-05-2007 21:20 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

I doubt that would work, or be fair to be honest.
It wouldnt be easy to adjust the whole database of players, even if only say 1/3 of the(active) population change, its still a lot of stuff to do, and not really feasible.

On a new server, maybe, on this one definitely not.

12-05-2007 21:23 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

I see your point Scillage.

Why Knowledge adding arcana? You only get +1 damage per 3 Knowledge and beastmasters get +1 damage for every point in strength.

New Race
Racial Bonus: Luck +3, HP+10%
Arcana: Increase perception +X and Knowledge +1/3X
Ignores X% defence

That would be my 'dream race' because this will be useable in expeditions. I've tried to make a balanced race considering tatoos as well, so that a NewRace Gunman is not overpowered.

12-06-2007 12:42 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

... A race like that would take over the game very quickly

12-06-2007 13:10 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

hm i think increase perception and ignore defence arcana is a good idea; THe race wouldn't be overpowered

created by Dontmess
12-06-2007 13:13 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

the race wouldnt be overpowered, it would be overpowering every other race.
With ease.

12-06-2007 13:17 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Ranciel

Registration Date: 11-22-2007
Clan: IMRB

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ranciel

We would expect a Beastmaster who a combat killing machine to think his place of power Might be threaten Tongue . But if you look at it very carefully the game team could make it work and I don't see why it would over power the game please explan draculaisemo?
12-06-2007 15:58 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

This is one I wouldn't hold your breath on tho guys, the game seems to have been designed around 2 races (Beastmaster and Cultist) with the 2 supplementary races tacked on at the end.

I would agree that this 5th race would make the game more interesting, but I reckon they ought to review the current races, arcana and traits as well .... maybe allow absorbers to store a certain amount of 'absorbed' arcana for use in a similar way to disposable items, and making the thoughtcatcher arcana of use in things other than just ambushes ... for instance building and quests.

12-06-2007 16:25 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Ranciel
We would expect a Beastmaster who a combat killing machine to think his place of power Might be threaten Tongue .

I may be a beastmaster but As i previously said, i rarely use melee, having nearly always lost when i do.

They would overpower the game with the stats outlined above, because this makes them a near perfect race - they have luck, hp, perception AND knowledge...
A beastmaster only gets the strength to do damage with a melee weapon, wheras a cultist only gets the aglity to hit with it, there isnt a race that has every bonus focused around being able to use melee weapons superefficiently.

note: is superefficiently one word or two?

12-06-2007 16:35 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Ranciel

I do see your Point draculaisemo well made so how would you build them if you could?
12-06-2007 17:35 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

im not sure I would build a new race.
If absolutely necessary maybe alter the thoughtcatcher race, so that its arcana are more suited to make the thoughtcatcher a gunner.
It has the luck bonus, and a slight tweak of one of its arcana would be satisfactory to make it a good enough accelerator of the power of guns, but not to such a degree that it would overtake other races.
But as has been said already, thoughtcatcher and absorber races seem like they were second-thought and they do need to be re-created so to speak, but a new race is not necessary

12-06-2007 18:04 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I think it is necessary. This is my idea first idea for the stat things:

Racial Bonus: Hit points +10%, Blood Points +5%. (This way it isnt too overpowered)

Arcana: + Perception Cost: 15 Blood Points
+ Dodge Cost: 15 Blood Points

Another idea:

Bonus: Hit points +5%, Blood Points +5%, +1% defence ignore per 2 levels.

Same Arcana

So what do you guys think?

12-06-2007 20:17 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

+1% per 2!!! levels????

That means at level 30 youd be ignoring 15% plus whatever bonus you get from a two handed gun and tatoos. Maybe 1% per 4 or 5 levels would be better, giving people who use one handed guns an advantage (no tattoo for defence ignored for one handed guns) as well as not giving two handed gunmen an even bigger advantage

12-06-2007 20:26 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Scillage
Forum Legend

I think a cap may need to be put in place, maybe 25% tops for that.

12-06-2007 20:38 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Elisabeth
Lord

4 races is enough.
Guns are the best type of weapon for expedition so what is the point of making overpowered race?
12-06-2007 20:38 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

You say that, but then what do the top players use at expedition? Melee. Unless you are against one of the golems, who have extremely high health, but even then Zauborin can still do about 40 damage per attack even with it's high defence. Stop being selfish, and give guns a chance!!!

12-06-2007 20:46 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

I think youre being selfish scillage, because you want to be able to use guns more, so you want to create a whole new race merely for that purpose.

Well, newsflash, if there is a new race, you two are still gonna be the race you are.
so theres no point callin lis selfish when you are the selfish one

12-06-2007 20:53 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Ranciel

I like the race i've got i'm doing this for the Debateing. Tongue
12-06-2007 21:10 Ranciel is offline Search for Posts by Ranciel Add Ranciel to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

A) It is not just so i can use guns more, it is so that guns will be able to stand up for themselves and not restrict the whole progression of the game.

B) I was talking about for the new server, because there is now around 13000 accounts on here.

C) I AM NOT SELFISH!

12-06-2007 21:10 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Gendibal
Viking

Lis, they may be the best thing for expeditions, but thats about all realisticly, whereas melee can be used for all purpose .... so where another race may not be needed to give this problem a kick, maybe an overhaul on the 'poor cousin' races may be.

Drac, theres no shame in wanting to use a specific type of weapon, I'm a Jack-of-all-trades and master of none, but thats my choice ..... I think what is being brought up here is that the choice of using melee and to a certain extent ranged weapons is encouraged by the races available in the system while guns are discouraged by the same. If this was the intention then would it not have been easier to just wipe guns from the game completely?

2 races have the ability to enhance melee players, so with 4 races in the game shouldn't it be, logically, that the other 2 races should have a bonus to enhance their gunnery skills (one gets perception arcana and the other gets knowledege affecting chance to hit/dodge and damage, similar to the BM and Cultist races)?

As I said before the game seems to have been developed around melee, and this would be fine if there were no other weapons in the game ..... but there are and its another imbalance that needs addressing at some point.

12-06-2007 21:11 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Clan: S.H

Well said

12-06-2007 21:19 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
draculaisemo
Lord

I doubt its a race problem thats causing the rift between guns and melee gendibal
Melee weapons have a huge diversity of suffixes and prefixes, and obviously both together make a huge combination

Guns dont have the versatility of melee or ranged, because they have no prefixes or suffixes at all. Ever.

I think that this is the reason guns are less effective.

12-06-2007 21:27 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

It might be the suffix/prefix issue that makes guns weaker; but gendibal came back to the main problem for this tread: 2 races support melee; 2 races support well not something specific. It might be really worth considering altering absorber and thoughcatcher arcanas. Maybe exchange 1 arcana of each race with 1 arcana which would be similar to the cultist and beastmaster arcana: One can increase knowledge and the other perception. If that would be the only changes it would be enough.
btw

the knowledge arcana should increase 2 or 3 knowledge per 1 point to make it equal to the strength arcana of beastmaster; or it should be much cheaper

created by Dontmess
12-06-2007 21:46 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

perhaps altering a current race is helpful.

hmm.
Heres an idea.
instead of knowledge boost, what about ''all weapons damage +1'' for the arcana.
or if you need to be specific, ''gun damage +1''
=/ then alter their racial bonus to do something.

...aah

12-06-2007 21:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

wtf am i saying gun damage +1 is ok; btw what is charisma arcana for ?

created by Dontmess

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DarkOne: 12-06-2007 22:02.

12-06-2007 21:58 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

you want a race specializing in guns, then you say that its too specified for gunners?
choose one or the other not both...

12-06-2007 22:01 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

edited last post you were right ...

created by Dontmess
12-06-2007 22:03 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

¬¬
charisma increases hp in defence and reduces chance of successful ambush and spy operations from enemies.
rep is the other way round
i can understand how this fails to support gunners, its just a HP bonus in all honesty, hp+x% would be better, but ... whatever

12-06-2007 22:05 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

I think the problem is a combination of the two Drac, guns are guns and can't be enchanted (God only knows why, but there you go) while melee weapons can, add this to the fact that its easier to boost your agilty to inhuman levels not only through equipment, but also through racial traits and you have the problem in a nutshell.

But that's only where it starts ..... the main problem after that is that guns seem to be hailed as part of the game but are only given limited functionality due to the lack of boosters for them, the least of which isn't race related. It's like buying a computer that you know only has a 30 day windows license on it ...... great at first, but then pretty much useless.

12-06-2007 22:09 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

erm, ive bought one of those before ^ ^;;
i just kept reinstalling windows until i got a legal copy

and i think that if guns had prefixes and suffixes theyd have kinda a lot of mana and nanites in them, no?

12-06-2007 22:13 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Gendibal
Viking

ah, but the point is on that one, we've been told that guns will never have pre/suff, but it's never been said why .... that could be misconstrued as the deliberate depowerment of guns to fit in with what has already been said about the game being built primarilly around 2 races and a melee base.

12-06-2007 22:17 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

it could also be interpreted as that guns are really powerful anyway
or that they couldnt be bothered thinking new stuff for guns
or that ... jesus came down and removed them

reconstruct and interpret all you like, its always the opinion on whoever looks at it that makes it truth.

12-06-2007 22:25 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

well the question is if there is any intention to change that!

created by Dontmess
12-06-2007 22:28 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

I dont think it should be changed.
but then again, my opinion probably dont count for much ........

12-06-2007 22:32 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Has any one consider

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH