Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Duke of Edinbourgh Awards » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Duke of Edinbourgh Awards
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + DASH

Duke of Edinbourgh Awards Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am currently doing my Bronze award and i only just returned from my expodition. I was wondering about other peopls experiences with there DOE Awards (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
I don't think this is done outside of the UK so for other people it is literally a activity award where we volunteer, do physical, do skills and expos.

Regards
Foxy Smile

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
07-14-2009 18:32 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i did bronze when i was an army cadet lol. was a right laugh. bit different to doing it through school or anything though

07-14-2009 19:05 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by foxy9
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds fun, did u have to match it or just walk, i doing in school

07-14-2009 19:21 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

ive done bronze, and am going to progress on to silver soon, most probs doing the expidition in easter, then hopefully doing gold next summer with my mates. [knocking in nijmagen in between with a bit of luck] Big Grin

i did it through cadets as well, you just have to walk lol, was a great laugh i must say

for anyone who doesnt know for bronze you have to walk a certain distance [which i dont know] over 2 days, do something like 20 hours of community service, do 6 sporting seesions and have learnt a skill for a period of 6 months or so.

silver is more, and gold more still [50 miles over 5 days, and in mountainous regions which makes it much harder]

all in all its great fun Big Grin
07-14-2009 19:27 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

We had 13-15km first day, 16-18km second day.
4 other stuff we got to do 3months (1hour a week) of volunteering, physical and skill + 3 more months in 1 of them (physical 4 me (football))

07-14-2009 20:00 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

we did expedition in a section attack weekend exercise which was fun. skill was shooting..... bunch of other stuff lol

07-14-2009 22:13 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

i wanna do shooting as skillbut having probs finding help with it, other thing i might due is archery buit same problem, also having probs with volunteering but all 6months physical done Wink

07-14-2009 22:43 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Duke of Edinbourgh Awards

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH