Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Is Premium worth it » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Is it worth paying for Premium?
Yes 59 79.73%
No 9 12.16%
Unsure 6 8.11%
Total: 74 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Is Premium worth it
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + DASH

Is Premium worth it Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I keep seeing people asking if premium is worth it so i am making this thread to see what peoples views on premium are.

Approved by Artoir

Right i think premium is worth it as for the price you do get alot.
Even with spending some points on shorten (Very good) it is still quite cheap.

Well the question is 'Is premium worth it' and i would say yes, any other opinions?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by foxy9: 08-05-2009 21:51.

08-05-2009 12:28 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i really dunno i buy it for necro account dunno weather to but for underworld its costly when your not working but its essential if your to make any burst of playing this game anyway right you need premium

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
08-05-2009 12:36 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Premium gives you:
double the attacks = more resources from combat (+XP)- good for building
double the quests - to find more items (+XP)

options:
Shortening - to allow you to attack faster = faster resource gain from attacks (+XP)
- shorter quests allowing you to get blood quickly and leave less space for someone to attack you while in questing gear (+XP).

Expanded armory - especially useful for people who help others with buildings and/or for people who merge a lot.

Tattoo reset - No matter what your reasons may be, you have to have premium to do so.

Change characters name - for those with MPD Big Grin

Change e-mail address - self explanatory but you need premium.

Plus:

Clanmessages to other clans
Friendlist
The ability to see who joined a siege
and a few more which I don't remember right now.

Oh, the answer: Yes!

08-05-2009 15:46 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

I think before you decide whether you want it or not the first question needs to be - have I got the money to continually have it.

I took out premium a long time ago and I cannot play this game without it - it will kill me to not have that premium.

And that is the problem with premium - it's like a drug - once your hooked - you can't come down.

So make sure that you can afford the payments not just now - but also in the future - or you will hate this game if you have premium and then can't afford it.

Also Diablo forgot you can have an Avatar

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

08-05-2009 16:02 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Miitchell1992

Registration Date: 07-22-2009
Clan: BK

Raz the hooked things is true lol

so the answer is yes as i is only a pound for premium for 14 days

08-05-2009 16:16 Miitchell1992 is offline Search for Posts by Miitchell1992 Add Miitchell1992 to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by foxy9

Just so peps know this isn't advice 4 me i just put in wrong sec5ion but so far premium is loved i can see

08-05-2009 16:17 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Raziel666

Everybody can have an avatar?

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
08-05-2009 16:18 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

yeah everybody can have an avatar

and premmy is definatly worth it

premmy is needed to start your own clan
swap deputyship between ppl etc
extra msg space

would be lost without it

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-05-2009 16:29 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Moved to Mishmash

08-05-2009 21:38 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
foxy9
Lord

Thx lol, can u start that poll as i think theres interest

08-05-2009 21:51 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Whats questions would you like

08-05-2009 21:52 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
foxy9
Lord

Do you think premium is worth buying?

08-05-2009 22:00 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Whats questions would you like

do you think the amount of premmy days is worth the price you pay

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-05-2009 22:09 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

I'm sorry, I should have put Answers.

08-05-2009 22:09 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
foxy9
Lord

Yes

No

Don't Know

08-05-2009 22:11 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Rakhan

Registration Date: 07-14-2009
Clan: [WOLF]

quote:

*shrug* What he posted is enough to vote Yes for both of me:

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

Or we can play a game I lost, Sphynx. If you answer the question correctly, you may vote no. Otherwise you'll be getting Trousers for successful Proof of Intelligence till the end of the game:
What is hard and hairy on the outside, soft and wet on the inside, begins with the letter 'c' ends with the letter 't' and has the letters 'u' & 'n' in the middle?

As I've learned, it's a coconut.
Yeah, figures...

08-05-2009 23:02 Rakhan is offline Search for Posts by Rakhan Add Rakhan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by Rakhan
quote:

*shrug* What he posted is enough to vote Yes for both of me:

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

Or we can play a game I lost, Sphynx. If you answer the question correctly, you may vote no. Otherwise you'll be getting Trousers for successful Proof of Intelligence till the end of the game:
What is hard and hairy on the outside, soft and wet on the inside, begins with the letter 'c' ends with the letter 't' and has the letters 'u' & 'n' in the middle?

As I've learned, it's a coconut.
Yeah, figures...

Dude? How is that related to anything about premium?

Next time warning

08-05-2009 23:06 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

I voted unsure I get premium but I voted unsure cause well everyone has different values for money. I personnally can't live without the shortening time option so I always get prem but the other things like extra attacks and extra quests don't bother me that much it just means less time on the game.

Orginally I had to get prem whenever I ran out, this has changed since the sieges became redundant as now the only sieges that go on are square swaps or task sieges.

Now I only buy prem when
1. I'm in need of a massive BWars fix
2. When my shortening time has run out.
3. When I need to change my tat's
4. I run out of shortening time

On my old account I got prem all the time purely for sieges

So to sum up (going as the way the play is played now)
Premium options makes it worth buying the premium
But prem is not worth buying on a consistent basics

08-06-2009 01:39 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

£1 for 2 weeks, i can pay quickly through a txt, tons of bonuses=definately worth it especially the price

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
08-06-2009 02:01 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Artoir.
Avenger

Not to forget if you use PayPal, it is significantly cheaper in the long run

08-06-2009 05:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

I voted NO so the counter won't stay at 0 Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-06-2009 05:52 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

In my opinion, premium is really what you need in BW. It costs fools money, and its easy to buy via text.

I had a sorta.... problem with my earlier this week. I usually log onto both my necro account, and under one, and check messages etc. I had just bought around 60 days worth of prem (so i could reset my tatoos on under(wanting to change to a 1h Melee) and accidently put it onto my necro account. Damn.......

Overall, premium can be put to good use: Seeing other clan's members, participants in sieges, friendlist all of those that Diablo mentioned. I too cant live without Shortening, i get bored outta ma scone waiting an extra 4 or so mins to do a mini quest (just for items to sell off).

08-06-2009 07:39 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

sorry for necro posting, but sod it, its got a poll and its a good thread, so ill post Smile

its more than worth it, what it gives you is amazing for the value Smile

the other question raised is do you need it?

if you wanna get anywhere fast in the game then yes, you need it more than you need clothes on your back

premium is the backbone of a power gamers game plan, without it, power gaming would be boarderline impossible

IGN: acidic shots
12-19-2010 14:01 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

I don't think your post was needed Demonfury. I also agree that premium is worth it but, this topic was resolved over a year ago. As you can see the majority vote is 'Yes'.

12-19-2010 14:22 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

Playing BW more than a year without premium Smile
XP comes mostly from Expos and Premium does not affect those. In my eyes premium is not worth it unless you look for more quests.

However, I will get the premium during the time of the Christmas gift Smile

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
12-19-2010 18:09 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Is Premium worth it

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH