Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Beer vs Cider...Who wins...you decide » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Beer vs Cider
Beer (Win) 20 54.05%
Cider (Fail) 11 29.73%
Both (hmm) 4 10.81%
Neither (Meh) 2 5.41%
Total: 37 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Beer vs Cider...Who wins...you decide
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Beer vs Cider...Who wins...you decide Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So which is better. I love my beer so its not a big question for me. I love cider aswell but hate magners Tongue

Reason i ask is that some ppl clean wont drink beer but love cider vice versa.

Include a reason aswell. My reason for liking beer better is the texture and taste. Most ciders are 2 sweet for my liking
08-06-2009 00:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lols cider is gonna win here Smile

Beer in my opinion has a mank aftertaste & it taste "tinny" lols Tongue

Cider on the other hand.. you can drink loads of it & it still tastes good Tongue I also like it cause its sweeter Smile
08-06-2009 01:13 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

use to mop cider lol
devils bit and lynden village the cheap stuff lmao

but now cant touch the stuff unless its a very very warm day where a pint of bulmers with ice is sooooo nice........................

i find cider far too sweet and the pear cider thingy i felt like i was drinking liquid suger urgh

beer ftw

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2009 01:19 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

beer=lovely taste ssooooo nice

cider=disgusting horrible sugary taste Frown

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
08-06-2009 01:53 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by AudatiousTitan

quote:
Originally posted by PureDoom01
beer=lovely taste ssooooo nice

cider=disgusting horrible sugary taste Frown

Win
08-06-2009 01:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Beer ftw!

I used to drink cider (off licence in my town did 6 litres of Olde English for £5), but it tore my stomach to bits, now if I touch the stuff I vomit Frown

Although yes, a nice cold pint of Magners (northern version of Bulmers) with some ice on a summers day goes down a treat.

08-06-2009 02:21 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Beer ftw!

I used to drink cider (off licence in my town did 6 litres of Olde English for £5), but it tore my stomach to bits, now if I touch the stuff I vomit Frown

Although yes, a nice cold pint of Magners (northern version of Bulmers) with some ice on a summers day goes down a treat.

Why do u feel the need to lie, magners is evil Tongue Ironically i like cheap cider, lol

Frosties ftw
08-06-2009 02:25 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

We talking beer, ale, lager here?

If so Beer. If just Lager, then definatley not.. unless it's with Lime cordial

Hmm not a cider drinker, nice glass of pear scider on a summer day though.

Beer in the long run... but being honest I drink them both for different reasons.

Your imperfection.
08-06-2009 03:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

beer as in ale lager draught etc... cider as in all flavours etc...
08-06-2009 03:06 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Beer4life!!!

I hate cider, too sweet to drink a lot of it...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-06-2009 05:49 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
incubus2314

Registration Date: 07-10-2009
Clan: A.S.

Sorry but i perfer water Tongue
08-06-2009 06:17 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by incubus2314
Sorry but i perfer water Tongue

Oi, make a choice, water or any thing apart from beer or cider is spam thus a possible warning Tongue

Its ok to talk about other drinks etc... but at least say which u perfer...beer or cider Tongue
08-06-2009 06:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
incubus2314

Ill go with beer
Sometimes u have those days when u need forget everything Tongue
But when were talking about taste
Ill go with cider Smile
08-06-2009 06:57 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

hmm, which cider tho? i may hahve to slap u if u say magners lmao

I dont dislike cider, some ciders i will drink happily, but overall i like beer better....by a mile Tongue
08-06-2009 07:00 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
incubus2314

Ill drink almost any kind
Ive never even heard of magners Big Grin
08-06-2009 07:02 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by incubus2314
Ill drink almost any kind
Ive never even heard of magners Big Grin

american? Tongue canadian? not from uk? lol

i dislike magers as it is way 2 sweet
08-06-2009 07:23 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i like both. strongbow in a bucket of ice on a scorching hot day......... but i have to be in the mood for it otherwise i drink beer

08-06-2009 11:12 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Im new to drinking but is strongbow cider, if it is i prefer cider

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
08-06-2009 11:21 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan

I dont dislike cider, some ciders i will drink happily, but overall i like beer better....by a mile Tongue

stop saying magners

its bulmers (^_-)...bloody northerners

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2009 11:44 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
incubus2314

Im amercian
So ill drink anything i can get my hands on Big Grin
08-06-2009 17:09 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

stop saying magners

i knew some southerner would say that lol,same diff Tongue
08-06-2009 18:59 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

i absolutely hate beer but Cider's ok i'm more of a Jack Daniel's person myself
08-06-2009 19:14 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
Miitchell1992

Registration Date: 07-22-2009
Clan: BK

BEER

Is The Best Tongue

Drinking It Now Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Miitchell1992: 08-06-2009 19:24.

08-06-2009 19:24 Miitchell1992 is offline Search for Posts by Miitchell1992 Add Miitchell1992 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

stop saying magners

i knew some southerner would say that lol,same diff Tongue

1 of us had to Wink

08-06-2009 19:29 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

I started drinking cyder all of the time for the simple fact that beer makes me really ill! (my mother thinks that it is because of the wheat in it) but after drinking it for the past year or so iv grown to love it!!!

I recently came back from corwall and they do the BEST Scrumpy Cider ever!!!

Cider all the way baby!

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

08-06-2009 20:33 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
Miitchell1992

Should we have a poll on ere it woud be alot easier lol

08-06-2009 21:21 Miitchell1992 is offline Search for Posts by Miitchell1992 Add Miitchell1992 to your Buddy List
dezza

Registration Date: 08-09-2008
Clan: TBH

beer for me

Cider is for piss heads who drink on the street in my town so no cider for me Smile
08-06-2009 22:55 dezza is offline Search for Posts by dezza Add dezza to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009

nah cider ftw \0/

haha its so much better, and gets you drunk faster without the really bad taste in your mouth ... AND .... the different flavors of cider like hmmm strawberry and hmmm blueberry lol cider is gorgeous Big Grin lol Big Grin love love love LOVE IT Big Grin but.... magners cider is pooop :X St Heliers, Brothers, strongbow and gaymers ciders is the best Big Grin mmwwhahahaha Big Grin xx

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

08-06-2009 23:34 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Lol tasted Brothers + Strongbow bee but i like um Tongue

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
08-06-2009 23:38 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

haha they are the best one's they taste so good.... and come in lots of flavors ... *does a little advert thing hahaha*

lol i love cider Big Grin

08-06-2009 23:41 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Miitchell1992

Why Have We Got Soo Many Cider Gliders On The Game Lol ;p

Still Reckon Beers Best

08-06-2009 23:49 Miitchell1992 is offline Search for Posts by Miitchell1992 Add Miitchell1992 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

because cider tastes so much better than beer Big Grin it has taste to it :X hahaha xxx

08-06-2009 23:56 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Clan: V13

ugh cider is horrible, more than one pint of the stuff and it makes me wanna hurl far far far far too sweet :/

ale > lager > cider

and lol it doesn't matter if its strongbow, bulmers or magners they all owned by the same company Tongue

08-07-2009 00:07 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Beer ftw, tried cider and thought it was nasty.

08-07-2009 08:31 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Why do people keep using strongbow! It's the worst one.

Bulmers, Magners, Kopperburg

Though I am definately more for my fursty ferret, bishops finger, hobgoblin, tanglefoot ect.

Your imperfection.
08-07-2009 08:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Arrrrr, the only reason most of you don't like cider is because it is "too sweet".

Do yourself a favour try drinking some proper cider and not the crap that teenagers drink, like magners, bulmers, strongbow, etc. (apologies if you are all teenagers, but you have bad taste & at least another 10 years of tastebud maturing when it comes to drink!!) Tongue

Good ciders for you to try (and you should drink these draft if you can - not from a bottle):
Stowford's Press
Aspall's Dry Premier Cru
Weston's Premium Organic

Or if you really wanna put hair on your balls (or other parts for the ladies):
Crone's Special Reserve
Dunkerton's Blend
Malvern Magic Blend

As for beer..... meh, it's ok. But Guinness is the only thing worth shouting about; and only then if you get it on draft in Ireland.... nowhere else in the world makes guinness taste the way they make it taste, mainly because the pour the stuff good & slow. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
08-07-2009 14:19 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

beer is really bad tho i nearly puke everytime i drink it but i love anything thats sweet at all so thats prolly whyi like cider
08-07-2009 14:45 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

lols Van thats why i dont like beer.. it makes me feel sick & i will guarenteed upchuck from it lols Tongue cider i wont & i know i wont so stick with what you know best Wink Tongue
08-07-2009 15:16 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

ok

Lager ~ stella artoir ~ carlsberg / carling ~ fosters = In that order.....

cider ~ Bulmers ~ magners ~ Strongbow = in that order

but if im going out you ALWAYS start the night with some jager bombs Big Grin or half a bottle of aftershock red Big Grin

lager = my choice.... and its NOT cider if its never seen an apple in its life bea.... we are talking actual cider not fancy "ooooh lets make it taste like a cocktail" crap

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 08-07-2009 17:14.

08-07-2009 17:13 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

can someone make a poll please

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
08-07-2009 18:16 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Beer vs Cider...Who wins...you decide

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH