Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld 1h gun set up - help plz » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1h gun set up - help plz
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

1h gun set up - help plz Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok so im going to turn to 1h guns when i reach act 2 on another moria type server and i was wondering what tattoo path to choose gangster vs gunman?

also if i should change to cursed one from absorber when i can do in the future?

my current equipment set up is as follows: (am an assassin currently but will be changing as i already said)

Headband of Precognition (+4) ENLEVER

T-shirt of Orchid (+3) ENLEVER

Solar Necklace ENLEVER

Ring of Strength (+5) ENLEVER

Ring of Genius (+5) ENLEVER

Shorts of Shepherd (+5) ENLEVER

AK-47 ENLEVER

Im lvl 41 and am wondering what i should be looking for to buy when i change over? as i will start saving now Smile

help would be appreciated Big Grin

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by honorus: 08-07-2009 16:32.

08-07-2009 16:30 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't change to cursed one! Absorber gunman is wicked Smile

The choice of equip depends on which tattoo you choose but these 2 need to be swapped for something better Ring of Strength (+5), Ring of Genius (+5)

08-07-2009 17:51 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i strongly agree with diablo on sticking with your race, absorber(at least for 1-h guns and ranged weapons) is in my opinion the best race once you reach high level.

whether you want to be gunman or gangster have big impact on what equipment you want to wear. Gangsters can have defense, if you want to use that you cannot use solar jewelry, so hawks is a must.
Also remember that there is a third 1-h gun tattoo to consider......

08-07-2009 19:29 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by honorus

@ Diablo im aware of that i only have them equiped so i can wield the ak Tongue

will be swapping them out for more solar parts as and when i can afford them and knowledge jewelery in the meantime for more damage. Or if i go ganster then twisted set.

@ Dooz im aware of the power of collector however in comparisson to the other 2 tattoo paths it is a much slower route to take, and patience is not a virtue i am exactly blessed with Tongue

having wieghed up the pro's and cons it came down to a decision between gunman and gangster with more people pushing me towards gunman.... although i must say gangster does appeal in that you can tank. In the future when i have more established equipment collector would be an option but for now it just is not feasable really Frown

more opinions wanted though Big Grin

am glad my suspiscions about sticking as absorber were confirmed by you both though since others had suggested to change would be better.

08-07-2009 21:43 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Gunman is glass-cannon (high damage/low defence) while Gangster is dodging wall (lower damage/no crits/high defense), so it's up to your personal preference.
For Gunman is best Solar set and for Gangster either Hawk's for perception/reputation or Twisted for more dodge.
As for race stay Absorber and don't even think about changing to Cursed one.
Personally I would go for Gunman.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
08-07-2009 22:47 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Gunman, def, i love it and gangstars get whupped i'd say. Damage a good gunman can do is to high to worry about there low def as u can do 3x+ as much as gangster

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
08-07-2009 23:08 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

Whilst i think that gunman is a fantastic tat path, your race does effect your choice. For example, a Cultist Gangster is a force to be reconned with! Wink

However an absorber gunman is an absolute machine Tongue Crit chance getting up to 60% and higher whilst having up to 16 attacks!!!!

seeing as you are already an absorber i would probably push you towards gunman and advise NOT to change race... after all in act 2 as a 1h gunman your perc arcana (as Cursed One) would be almost useless in expos because of the hit bonus from leg 1h guns...

In terms of patience, u said that you are a big fan of it... as such maybe gunman is the best path for you because while a gangster can be a pain in the ass they DONT kill particularly fast and fighting them can be tedious with pretty long fights.

To get more perspective on gangsters im probably not the best person to ask, but in summary i can certainly vouch that you wouldnt regret picking up gunman tats Tongue

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RinghamEnderol: 08-08-2009 03:55.

08-08-2009 03:54 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

gunman was more what i was leaning towards initially being more of a crit whore and a glass cannon on underworld and with what i found already it'd be far easier to go gunman than gangster for the time being Tongue

so thanks for the opinions guys will stick as an absorber and go gunman when i hit act 2, looking forward to it already Smile

now all i need is some advice on the equipment.... does anyone know the stats for like a perfect skirt of sun (+1) or something similar? or how i would go about working it out for myself?

it'd be useful for me to work out when i can start thinking of the damage boosting perfect items, while in the meantime i save for solar parts and 1h leg guns Big Grin

08-08-2009 09:38 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Well as skirt has high def u'll need ur solar set first

08-08-2009 10:28 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo

Skirt has no +damage on p+1 thou. Neither does headband, but it has ridiculous +perception.
I'd say a p+1 light cape (which you probably can wear now) would be the easiest way how to increase your damage.Then of course deadly shorts/skirt of shepherd.
A pity you can't wear a bandanna and kilt Frown

08-08-2009 11:00 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

um diablo

Perfect Skirt (+1)
Pants (Only for females)
Defence: 38
Effects: APPEARANCE +20, AGILITY -6, LUCK +4, damage of all weapons increased by 1 for every 4 char levels
Requirements: LEVEL: 46, STRENGTH: 42, AGILITY: 54, TOUGHNESS: 56
Selling price: 6 900 Lgo
Value: Nanites 565, Mana 1402

Skirt does give damage

08-08-2009 11:09 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo

Thanks for the info, I was not sure.
Well, then you're sorted honorus Big Grin

08-08-2009 11:17 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

still gunna need solar set before u use perfect skirt+1 as def is too high 4 tats

08-08-2009 11:22 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

@ diablo: i doubt i can wield the light cape on P+1 im only lvl 41 there Tongue

but light will be the 1st i go for i think, was debating between that or assassin or guard Confused

and damn that sucks about the perfect skirt.... but oh well a perfect skirt of shepherd/sun will have mental requirements on it anyway so plenty of time to find the other 2 parts of my solar set before that happens Big Grin

thanks for the help so far guys.

will bump the thread more closer to the time of changing, but for now one final query:

what legendary guns should i aim to get 1st?

or to rephrase is it worth starting with glocks? or should i just save for beretta's/uzi's right away and skip them out?

08-09-2009 22:33 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Well i bought (in the order)

Leg Good Uzi+1
Leg glock+5
Leg good glock+1
Leg Berreta+5 ---> upgraded to good +1

08-10-2009 00:55 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo

Foxy, that doesn't answer the question Roll Eyes

If you're struggling to hit expo mobs then buy glocks. Low damage is better than no damage. If you're ok for the moment, then don't waste stones and effort on glocks and just wait for uzis or berettas.

08-10-2009 09:40 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

i can pick up 2x legendary glocks for like 50bs total or so, the real cost will be in upgrading them to a high level....

currently berretta and uzi's are selling for around 3ss a piece there (similar prices to here) so will be a while before i can afford to get 2 of them, however i could end up blowing that amount of stones just upgrading 2x glocks to a decent lvl. So what to do? \o/

thanks diablo for the advice i didn't read the 2nd part of your post before i wrote this Frown

08-10-2009 11:36 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
diablo

I wouldn't bother with the glocks, you'll spend all your stones on them. Uzis and Berettas are worth the upgrading, so do everything you can to get them.

08-10-2009 12:06 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld 1h gun set up - help plz

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH