Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » holidays » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page holidays
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MuddyTigerFeet

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber

Frown holidays Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just had my helmet changing its name to santa clause's hat ...
I don't mind you guys doing something special on holidays, but I was hoping we could have a choice for that.
Not everyone is celebrating christmas (I'm not)
I'm not offended, but I can imagine that some people with different religions are.
There are just also other religions with other holidays. I hope you guys take that also in mind.
12-22-2007 15:03 MuddyTigerFeet is offline Search for Posts by MuddyTigerFeet Add MuddyTigerFeet to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dont see why people would be offened personally, i am not offened when other religions have their festivals. Its all about acceptance and tolorance.

The fact is that Europe as a whole is in general Christian orintated, also this is a game for the UK and here it is the state religion. So it really is to be expected.

Anyway, i wish you a happy new year and holaday if you are having one Smile

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

12-22-2007 15:14 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
MuddyTigerFeet

Registration Date: 12-16-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by MuddyTigerFeet
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, like I said I'm not offended.
thx anyway for the holiday wishes, but I don't have any upcoming holidays, as my new year started 1st November and I celebrated Yule yesterday.

For me it's just frustrating that everyone always expect you to follow their holidays and relgions ...
Well, maybe not follow ... hard to tell actually, it's just that everyone always takes it for granted that christianity is supposed to be known worldwide and to be accepted also ...

I don't have anything against the changes, but I'd rather have a choice ...
12-22-2007 15:21 MuddyTigerFeet is offline Search for Posts by MuddyTigerFeet Add MuddyTigerFeet to your Buddy List
GrimTale
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-126.jpg

Registration Date: 12-03-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.H

You mean like in settings having a button that lets you turn off the changes to some of the armour and weapons that make it christmasy?

12-22-2007 15:39 GrimTale is offline Search for Posts by GrimTale Add GrimTale to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GrimTale
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Hmm. I thought that Santa is a product of European folklore and he is not a symbol of Christianity.

12-22-2007 16:21 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

He is, but the Holiday is strictly a Christian invention, a celebration of the alleged birthdate of JC

I'm personally not religeous ..... closer to agnostic than anything ..... but the fact is that Christmas is the accepted predominant holiday/festival in the world. Therefore the changes that have been made are obviously to reflect that, and I also think it can be clearly seen from the posts on the forums about it so far that the majority of players in the game are indeed of the ilk that celebrate this holiday.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 12-22-2007 16:34.

12-22-2007 16:26 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

I'm quite severely anti-religion and I celebrate christmas.
Well i buy and recieve presents and things anyway.

12-22-2007 19:13 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

Santa claus is not religious so wats the problem?
12-22-2007 19:51 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I empathise with Gendibal; the winter solstice & the celebration of the coming new year has been used & abused by christianity.... but then you can't really expect anything else - without wanting to get into a massive religious debate - but the whole christian-organised aspect of this festival is a mishmash of religious amalgamations.
I love this time of year - just bcos I get to take some time off work & laze about other people's houses while they feed me & ply me with booze - hurrah! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-22-2007 21:57.

12-22-2007 21:55 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Tut tut Cthulhu (Lovecraft fan?) thats an abuse of the Christmas spirit ........ mind you, it's an abuse I use quite heavily myself Wink

12-22-2007 22:50 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hehe, well a hoots to that & mine's a virtual guinness with a drop single malt on the side. We can pour a tribute onto our respective zonal earth & ask for a year of vampiric fertility! Happy

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-23-2007 01:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I'm not religious but I celebrate Christmas. I don't consider it celebrating the inaccurate date of Jesus's birth. I like it because it's a chance to see my family who live far away from me and because I like seeing my kids faces light up when I spoil them rotten. All the good food and booze is nice too Smile

It seems to me that the global trend is to preach tolerance of other religions while at the same time suppress all things Christian. Someone is always offended or complaining. It's pretty sad especially when the real truth is that the fuss is over a holiday that IMO lost it's true religious meaning a long time ago and is really a commercial holiday where stores drain you of all your money and make big profits.

12-23-2007 06:19 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Christmas, for some ppl are a religious time, but for others its just time to spend with their families, to buy them special gifts and have a joyfull time.

Personally I have been rised in catholic family (almost like alcoholic Wink ) but I dont find Christmas time of catholic event.
(ps. I find big difference between Christmas and Christmas Eve; the second one is a catholic event)
It's a commercial event for ppl to spend lots of money and have a time with their families.

Of course You can say I dont like recieving a Christmas/new year wishes from the administration, but I dont think that enyone can say that a Snow Ball is a christian symbol neither the Santa Claus.

And as for the fish it is a traditional Polish dish Smile .

Thank You.
12-23-2007 13:41 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » holidays

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH