Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Things that go bump... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Things that go bump...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Question Things that go bump... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What is the scariest thing that has happened to you? (thats unintentional things, out of your control - any "real" ghost stories?)

I got locked in a coal shed when I was 10, spent about 4-5 hours in a pitch black, concrete box-room just big enough for me to crouch in. It wasn't the dark that scared me (well, a little), or the thought of creeping things finding my tender flesh (yeah, ok, that a little as well). It was my vivid imagination constantly telling me that no-one was ever gonna find me, and that the walls were constantly getting closer & smaller.
Of course, my dad found me when he came to get some coal (the shed was at the end of the lane we lived on - he didn't even realise I was missing - thought I was out playing in the fields - the carzy fool!). But for those few hours... well, what can I say, scarred me for life - I'm a claustrophobic nitemare now.

Anyone else?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-24-2007 02:08.

12-24-2007 02:05 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now 'real' ghost stories are subjective, as they can be influenced by things we hear, whether we know it consciously or not.

However when I was a lot younger than I am now I always used to see the image of a soldier dressed in equipment from around World War I standing near the end of my bed. Now I would have put this down to an overactive imagination had I not done a little research later in life into the whole thing.

The soldier had always seemed short to me, maybe about 4'3 - 4'6, but when I researched the matter it turned out that up until 1943 there was a road running through approximately where my house was (around a foot below what was then the ground level) and it was also the site of one of the biggest troop massacres in the country.

Whether I had heard about this beforehand and had formed an image based on that, or whether the soldier really was a ghost, I cannot say ..... but it has stayed with me as a point of the unknown for the last 29 years.

12-24-2007 02:43 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I once lived in haunted house.
Often in night something something pulled my hair. Sometimes even grab my leg when I was going to sleep. When I looked around room nothing was inside even below bed when I felt that something is holding my leg. I needed to move from that house.

When I visited once my grandmother she had feeling that something evil lurks in her house. She poured her house with holy water and at 24:00 she got call but no one was speaking.
12-24-2007 09:04 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

The scariest thing? Hmmm...I would have to say waking up at a friends house when I was six years old and hearing that my parents were dead...then seeing their car pull into the driveway...

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-19-2008 01:49 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

How can they be dead if the car pulled into the driveway? Unless somebody else is driving?

01-19-2008 08:38 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Sidneykidney

images/avatars/avatar-141.gif

Registration Date: 01-10-2008

Perhaps Lysandra was told a lie...

Do six year olds lie?

01-19-2008 15:17 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

okay to explain. Mine and Lestat's parents died when we were six in a car accedent. I was at my best friend's house, he was at his best friends house, so they were free from us for the night. I saw the car pull in the driveway then disappear. Sorry, I didn't explain very well. I guess I'm kinda of used to talking to people who know my family situation...I really should stop assuming things.
The actual story I posted in the arts section about Lestat and I is basically true up to the points where we have to run away from war. And the whole fact that we aren't really vampires and were never in a cave hiding from the sun.
Again, sorry for lack of explaination.

quote:

01-20-2008 02:00 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Sidneykidney

My apologies Lysandra, I did not mean to cause any offense.

01-20-2008 02:15 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

You didn't cause offense, I didn't explain very well.

quote:

01-20-2008 20:39 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Clan: BoD

RE: Things that go bump... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the scariest thing that happened to me was when i fell out of the window of a block of flats, and landed on someone (i cant remember what floor, it wasnt too high up) and i thought id killed them 0_.

01-20-2008 20:45 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

When I got all my hair done and my eyeliner perfect, went out and it started raining and ruined my hair and guyliner, the bloody horror.

The only other thing that can even live up to this horror is a nun being violated by satan himself.

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

01-21-2008 16:43 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

*note to self*

when attacking MetalMouth ... AIM FOR THE HAIR Wink

Edit:

Pretty good ..... for a girl

Hell, that was pretty good for Rambo Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-21-2008 17:54.

01-21-2008 17:29 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Hehe.. that reminds me princess from movie Space Balls Wink

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-21-2008 17:33 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

I'm male my friends, far from a princess, i'm more of a french duke as it goes.

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

01-21-2008 17:55 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

if your male then woudnt you have been wearin guyliner??
01-21-2008 18:39 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Haha I did say that ;]
after I said eyeliner. Ahh the confusion.

But that was a real horror story, more so than your life scarring clostrophobic and ghost stories.

And one time, I burnt myself with hairstraighters, dam my life is just a series of incredibly scary and dangerous incidents, I dunno how I survive.

01-21-2008 18:43 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

just wondering are you tall with longish black hair an listen to sad an depressing songs
01-21-2008 18:49 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Not at all
I listen to good uplifting music and I am short with blonde and black hair.
Don't worry i'm not emo, i'm a step above so they look upto me, more of a demi-god of the emo people.
Wink

01-21-2008 18:57 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

lol...
just thinkin thoagh i no how you feel, i got took out by my 5 month puppy. it tripped me over (sneaky thing) because i had dog treats in my pocket.
scary things thoagh...
i was once chased by a scary emo girl with pliers, i think after the 23rd time she just wanted to make sure i knew she wasnt going to go out with me, not easy to run with 25kg on your back thoagh, so she nearly got me...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 01-21-2008 20:34.

01-21-2008 20:33 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Lysandra, by 'Dissapear', do you mean they drove into the driveway, then drove off again and THEN they crashed?

01-22-2008 05:01 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Gendibal
Viking

I think Ly means that she saw an 'afterimage or visual echo', for want of a better word, of them pulling into the driveway after the accident.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 01-22-2008 08:24.

01-22-2008 08:23 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

She took some magic mushrooms and was tripping.

01-22-2008 09:51 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

Hey Metalmouth - show some respect. The theme of the thread was to ask if anyone had any interesting / disturbing / scary experiences - not to shoot them down if they had. If you don't believe what other people post then keep it to yourself please.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-22-2008 12:46 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

I hardly said I didn't believe it, although I do believe in enlightening a thread when a story gives it a some what gloomy depressing atmosphere Wink
Jeez, don't take things so seriously.

01-22-2008 14:26 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I can see both sides of that one ..... if I were to make a suggestion on this point, it would be that if you are going to make lighthearted comments, please make sure that you show (in one way or another) that it is only a lighthearted comment meant to brighten the thread up.

01-22-2008 14:39 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Oh righty then, sorry for the rather cold comment but it was ment to cheer all up.
Am I the bigger man now?
Ofcourse, another joke my serious friends.

01-22-2008 14:40 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

The bigger man ....... I couldn't possibly say as I don't tend to look down in the urinals Big Grin

01-22-2008 20:22 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Sidneykidney

How do you know where you're peeing then? And why dont you look down, are you ashamed of it? Big Grin

01-22-2008 20:25 Sidneykidney is offline Search for Posts by Sidneykidney Add Sidneykidney to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I'll have you know I have a very good spacial awareness and instinctively know where its going ..... as for being ashamed, no, but the old dude upstairs could have given it a more eye pleasing design Big Grin

01-22-2008 20:30 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
mech

Registration Date: 01-21-2008
Clan: UDW

the scariest thing that happened to me was that i was 9 and in my nans house. i went down the spiral stairs onto the landing/hall and looked across. i saw this outline of a woman stare at me, it freaked the hell out of me and i ran upstairs. the next day i came downstairs and told my nan, but noone believed me and the funny thing is, i wasn't sleepwalking or dreaming.....i went down because i needed the toilet Tongue

p.s it wasn't anyone i knew.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mech: 01-24-2008 19:23.

01-24-2008 19:22 mech is offline Search for Posts by mech Add mech to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

it was me.

01-24-2008 21:33 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Okay. Gendibal was right in saying it was an afterimage I saw. And no MetalMouth, I was not on magic mushrooms at the age of six. I understand you tried to lighten up the thread but it really didn't seem that way at all, hence the late reply on the whole situation. If I replied when I saw that I probably would have been kicked off the board.

Lysandra

quote:

01-24-2008 23:27 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
MetalMouth
Double Ace

ok ok, another scary thing.
I saw the biggest spider in my room, so I climbed out the window and then went around the back of my house.
Opened the back door and slept downstairs (H)

Don't mess.

01-25-2008 13:31 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Things that go bump...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH