Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Maul and Rocket Launcher » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Maul and Rocket Launcher 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HamsterGod
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-30-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HLL

Maul and Rocket Launcher Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello All,
I have been discussing these two items with diablo and we came up with the following descriptions :

Maul CLOSE

Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 20 - 100
Effects: Chance to hit -30
+5% critical
Requirements: LEVEL: 40, STRENGTH: 35, INTELLIGENCE: 10, KNOWLEDGE: 10

second attack on perfect

Rocket Launcher CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 20 - 80
Effects: Chance to hit +20, chance for critical hit +40 %, ignores 100 % of your opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 50, STRENGTH: 40, AGILITY: 22, PERCEPTION: 20, INTELLIGENCE: 30, KNOWLEDGE: 25

Second Attack on p+2

Personally the Maul is one of my favorite weapons and I think the game does need a Rocket Launcher :-)
Do we think these weapons are worth implementing ?
Also please dont post new weapon ideas here, I created this just for these two weapons and serious comments on the weapons description
would be appreciated.

Edited due to a stat mistake

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by HamsterGod: 09-03-2009 09:41.

09-03-2009 09:38 HamsterGod is offline Search for Posts by HamsterGod Add HamsterGod to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The stats were based on:

Maul
Damage was based on 2h axe, Scythe with regards of the rest of the 2h melee weapons. The main idea is that if you don't hit well then the damage caused can be very low, but a bash on the head would hurt a lot.
It has a +criticals which is compensated by the -30 to hit which will make it hard to hit anyone/anything.
Strength requirements are so high that only act2 vampires would be able to use it effectively.
It is a weapon which effect is very random and unpredictable.
Imagine what it would look like to bash an expo mob with a massive maul... yummy!

Rocket Launcher
Based on the sniper rifle and shotgun.
Yet again, very low min damage but a high max damage. Criticals are a must. Lack of +perception is compensated by the +to hit.
Requirements were made to make it an Act2 weapon with high strength requirements. Int and Kno are needed as well, a lot.

As you can see both of the weapons are a weapon of choice because then can cause a bit more damage than the existing ones but are not more powerful than any of them.

(thanks for not spamming)

EDIT:

I would appreciate if people like Zarkhir, Hespera and Lysandra could comment on the Maul and snipers and assassins + Nndungu on the Rocket Launcher.
Thank you.

09-03-2009 09:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

RE: Maul and Rocket Launcher Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by HamsterGod

Rocket Launcher CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 20 - 80
Effects: Chance to hit +20, chance for critical hit +40 %, ignores 100 % of your opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 50, STRENGTH: 40, AGILITY: 22, PERCEPTION: 20, INTELLIGENCE: 30, KNOWLEDGE: 25
Second Attack on p+2

I agree that new items should be implemented, a rocket launcher is an interesting idea, but i think it needs to have something unique to differ it further from sniper rifle and shotgun or flamer(which i think it looks more like than shotgun, because of the lack of extra attack)

When comparing with normal sniper rifle we see that it has excatly the same average damage on base level, but lower critical chance. Its low agility requirement makes it somewhat interesting for those for like high defense outfits that typically have -agility... its to hit bonus of 20 is roughly the same as sniper rifles +5 perception. All in all i actually think it could be a useful weapon. But why not differ it further from the other guns. Instead of giving it + to hit, why not +% to hit, let it start at +5% and go up 2% each level. That would be a 27% bonus to hit on level G+5. That would give snipers an interesting opportunity of equipping high defense against some of the higher expo monsters as well, if they are willing to sacrifice extra attack from solar Smile

09-03-2009 12:25 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its a ver interesting indeed i must say i quite like it but i personally think it should be very inacurate but do incredible damage honestly its a rocket launcher the shells move a lot slower than a bullet and dont exactly trvil in a straight line but when it hits somthing it blows the crap outa it so think it should look more ike this

Rocket Launcher CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 150 - 200
Effects: Chance to hit -5, chance for critical hit +50 %, ignores 100 % of your opponent`s defence
NO Second Attack on p+2
09-03-2009 12:38 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Vanargand
its a ver interesting indeed i must say i quite like it but i personally think it should be very inacurate but do incredible damage honestly its a rocket launcher the shells move a lot slower than a bullet and dont exactly trvil in a straight line but when it hits somthing it blows the crap outa it so think it should look more ike this

Rocket Launcher CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 150 - 200
Effects: Chance to hit -5, chance for critical hit +50 %, ignores 100 % of your opponent`s defence
NO Second Attack on p+2

That kind of damage combined with ignore defense just spells abuse. Remember that 20-80 was damage at item level 0, whether it should get a second attack or not i do not know.

09-03-2009 12:43 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
diablo

Nndungu - thanks for your comment, I appreciate. What you said is exactly the idea of the Rocket Launcher. A sniper tank setup.
To your edit - lets not hijack the thread Wink

Vanagrand - that is your subjective point of view. If you have a second look on your draft you will see that -5 to hit is insignificant while the damage is overpowering making all other 2h guns incomparable to the Rocket Launcher. The reasons for damage and 2nd attack as well were explained.

09-03-2009 12:46 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

yes but still when i think of a rocket launcher i just help but think massive damage and incredibly inacurate
09-03-2009 13:05 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
AngryTiger

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2009
Clan: OMFG

quote:
yes but still when i think of a rocket launcher i just help but think massive damage and incredibly inacurate

but it's a game so it doesn't have to be true to life, if you kill somebody they dont revive seconds later.
i think you're original ideas were good, for the same reason Nn said really, but possibly some slight variation in damage or soemthign so it odesn't average out as a sniper rifle.
also have you thought about any bonuses the guns might incur at a given level?

09-03-2009 13:51 AngryTiger is offline Search for Posts by AngryTiger Add AngryTiger to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Your 1st post was ok, but this? I clearly stated that people should refrain from spamming here. You are meant to comment the original idea if you have something relevant to say, rather than state what you think about a Rocket launcher. Please do not post here anymore. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by AngryTiger
...but possibly some slight variation in damage or soemthign so it odesn't average out as a sniper rifle.
also have you thought about any bonuses the guns might incur at a given level?

The damage variation is there, the RL can do more damage than a sniper rifle (or less), it is just the average damage that is the same cause we didn't want to suggest an overpowered weapon.
The existing bonuses would of course rise with the level of upgrade, to include more bonuses would make it overpowered again. It has to be balanced. I'm not even sure about the 2nd attack.

09-03-2009 14:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

I think that, as Nndungu said, there needs to be something extra about he rocket launcher that seperates it. To me it looks much like a flame thrower actually. And all in all would work out weaker than a sniper rifle most probably.

As for the maul.. nice idea, but since it's blunt force trauma I would've thoguht maybe a small + defence ignorance, again to make it a little different to the other two handed melee weapons

Your imperfection.
09-03-2009 17:02 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Well rocket launcher sounds like a dodgey name.

A bit of refinement, i.e. name it after a real rocket lancher

i.e. Stinger, RPG, or even panzerschreck

09-03-2009 17:17 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

RL i like it but it doesnt need 2nd attack. after all most will have it the 2nd attack with intructor tat anyway and if some got a legendary one thats a 3rd attack. i like the plus to hit its a blast weapon so should be harder to dodge.

i think the maul should have a chance to stun on crit hit might be good on expos and its a hard weapon to hit with but only once its g+4 and if i got bashed in the head with one i know i would be seeing stars lol
09-04-2009 11:24 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
diablo

darc, thank for your opinion. I completely agree an the RL, but the stun attack would require some coding therefore I doubt it would be implemented.

09-04-2009 12:27 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Maybe the rocket launcher could lower the dodge chance... possibly.

I like the stunning idea, and the ability to show it already exists on the game, the arachne has the ability to make your opponents have less hit chance doesn't it... yeah it'd be a nice idea, and it'd make up for the fact the maul idea seems lacking compared to other two handed melee

Your imperfection.
09-04-2009 12:32 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
HamsterGod
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-30-2008
Clan: HLL

Thread Starter Thread Started by HamsterGod

Considering the rocket launcher.
I believe the second attack is appropriate and my reasoning is the following.
1. The second attack being at p+2 makes it really hard to aquire. You would either need a lot of luck
or many many stones, mana and nanites. Also I would expect it to have a similar drop rate as f.e.
Flame Thrower.
2. I have been thinking of it more as of a shotgun typed weapon as a sniper one.
3. At p+2 I would expect it to require an enourmous amount of strength, making it a contiunuity of the shotgun setup
compared to the hunting-> sniper route.
Regarding the naming idea, I would think Bazooka would be a nice name if we actually want to name it at all.
Regarding the %hit instead of + hit , I actually like it, as with a Rocket Launcher you should be able to hit even people(monsters)
with more ease than with a bullet weapon. On the other hand the % hit increase would need to be discussed not to make it too
overpowering.

As per the Maul I was also thinking about ignore defense % but then I would think it would be overpowered a bit and
would become a choice for too many two-handed melee, although from the logical point of view it does give sense
as it smashes the armour.

09-04-2009 15:44 HamsterGod is offline Search for Posts by HamsterGod Add HamsterGod to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I agree actually a percentage hit on the rocket launcher would be better, making up also for the fact you probably couldn't use solar/hawks jewellery with it too. I have no problem with two attacks, btu I think the damage range is a bit much... since right now it looks practically likea flamethrower, and about as useful.

quote:
As per the Maul I was also thinking about ignore defense % but then I would think it would be overpowered a bit and
would become a choice for too many two-handed melee, although from the logical point of view it does give sense
as it smashes the armour.

This is true. But it doesn't get a second attack until perfect, whereas other 2H weapons get theirs earlier. I htink maybe if it were 5% at basic and went up 1% per level up, it wouldn't be too overpowerd, but it'd give the impression of blunt force trauma... maybe after good it's 1% per 2 levels (Weapon levels not player). Since it's much harder to get a second attack with, and also would have to reuire a lot of strength... I think it'd be fair

Your imperfection.
09-04-2009 20:11 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

i still dont think it should get 2nd attack think of the reload time then pick it back up and try to aim it again. even the guy with the maul will would be playing golf with your head laughing lol
09-04-2009 22:40 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
i still dont think it should get 2nd attack think of the reload time then pick it back up and try to aim it again. even the guy with the maul will would be playing golf with your head laughing lol

Unles it's a stinger.... which can hold up to three rockets at one time darc. There are a few rocket launchers which can fire two/three rockets before reload. It'd be fine, and realistic enough

Your imperfection.
09-04-2009 22:47 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

i was going by the name bazooka lol
09-04-2009 23:09 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by darc

i would like to point out that in this game we are vampires dontcha think it'd be an easy task for a vampire
09-05-2009 01:51 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

nope i dont. its still a bulky thing and like you said we all vamps so they will be on you by the same token.

sorry about the spam there warn if you must
09-05-2009 02:07 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
nope i dont. its still a bulky thing and like you said we all vamps so they will be on you by the same token.

sorry about the spam there warn if you must

It's a basic system consider the second attack being like a cluster shot then. I mean they may be bulky, but you don't fire them point blank anyways, like sniper vs melee... realistically speaking melee would not stnad a chance, but it's part of the game.

Your imperfection.
09-05-2009 02:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

i get what you saying raxis. was just responeding to vans comment thats all.
09-05-2009 02:54 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Maul and Rocket Launcher

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH